|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire

> Rude People Rant

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
rwj146

Texas

View Profile

Posted: 09/19/11 10:38am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have been going to my kids games or events for many years, (my kids range in age from 40 to 18) and I agree, rudeness knows no bounds. Not just the school functions you speak of but Little League, soccer or anything the kids are involved in.

Most of the time it's the parents who are the most annoying, they don't seem to care what they say or who they say it about. It seems common courtesy has declined in recent years.

The kids are there for a good time, showing off their skills, at whatever event, the loudmouths ruin it for them and anyone near them.

Courage is endurance for one moment moreā€¦
Unknown Marine Second Lieutenant in Vietnam

wa8yxm

Wherever I happen to park

View Profile

Posted: 09/19/11 11:39am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Doug4.7 wrote:

It's fun to think that sort of thing, but it doesn't always work out to actually DO it. I think the biggest thing was that these folks had no idea how self-centered they were. No one else at the show mattered. I expected them to start asking folks around them to go get them food & drink, assuming everyone else was there to serve them.

I don't think there was anything I could have done to make them actually learn something.

Sadly.... I fully agree with you.

Home is where I park it.
Kenwood TS-2000 housed in a 2005 Damon Intruder 377

onehorsehitcher

Donna Tx

View Profile

Posted: 09/20/11 02:31pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yes I realize it was but at the moment it seemed like a good idea. I was in pretty good shape at the time and a bunch younger but even a push while in the bleachers could have be bad. What is the old saying about being dumb when you are young and smarter as you age? I doubt if I would toss his hat now but I would still confront him. Of course he would be 40 years older too!

campin4kids

Indiana

View Profile

Posted: 09/20/11 03:31pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

onehorsehitcher wrote:

Yes I realize it was but at the moment it seemed like a good idea. I was in pretty good shape at the time and a bunch younger but even a push while in the bleachers could have be bad. What is the old saying about being dumb when you are young and smarter as you age? I doubt if I would toss his hat now but I would still confront him. Of course he would be 40 years older too!

Live and learn.

2003 Avalanche
1992 29S Wilderness
Him 49, Me 49,
DS 20, DD 17, DD 15, DD 13

campin4kids

Indiana

View Profile

Posted: 09/19/11 11:40am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well Doug4.7 you are a better person than me. I would not have been able to be silent. But I have learned from you and other posts here that troubling yourself over other ignorant people is just not worth it. You just never know if someone is going to pull out a knife or gun or fists to silence you back. I don't live my life in fear but I have learned to be cautious. You just never know how another person is going to respond. I probably would have had to move.

As for the guy who threw the hat off the bleachers. I think that was over the line. But I'm glad it worked out for you.

Mean people suck. (saw that on a T-shirt once)

10tca01

Columbia Missouri

View Profile

Posted: 09/19/11 12:02pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I was a member of my high school band on the drumline. I know exactly the type you speak of, and it is actually distracting on the field when we're trying to concentrate on playing at the highest level.

hokeypokey

xxx

View Profile

Posted: 10/01/11 08:41pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

7521 wrote:

I agree that rude or bad behavior at events has reached an all time high. Unfortunately some of these people have our home surrounded on three sides. We have neighbors that think nothing of partying late into the night complete with a DJ, massive speakers and flashing lights. The family accross from us opens their garage door and sets up a band with drums, amplifiers, etc. The guy next to us cranks his stereo up and broadcasts the filthiest rap junk I have ever heard. Calling the police does NO good at all. The police here in Bakersfield Ca have been on TV and said "We have to pick our battles'. They have admitted defeat. Also it seems to me they are only interested if you make them mad or they think they might get to shoot someone. Keeping the peace or enforcing laws isn't even on their radar. If you call them regarding a break in or theft they will tell you to call in a report. I even talked to a watch commander and was told there was nothing they or I could do. I have 25 work days left before I retire and cannot wait to get away from this cesspool, (we will be moving upstate).

Our BIL has neighbors that party all night. Sometimes the next morning, BIL quietly teases their dog a little & gets him barking. Doesn't take too long & somebody has to get up & let the dog IN. Doesn't solve the problem though.

hikenhunter

where ever

View Profile

Posted: 10/02/11 07:26am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

In Pa. the park rangers won't make you pour out your alchohol, instead they will make you leave the park, and they do not care what time it is. I was camped next to a family last summer, who decided to leave their dog unattended in their campsite at about 5:00 in the afternoon. That dog barked without stopping till they returned around 9:00 that evening. After the ranger found out about them leaving the dog unattended, a clear violation of state park rules, She came by every 1/2 hr. or so until the family returned. Upon their arrival back to camp she told them that their actions were unacceptable and they had to leave the park immediately. I also saw this happen to a group of younger people who were drinking and getting loud a few summers ago. The thing that peeves me most about the drinking is that I would like to have a couple beers around the campfire in the evening but I don't because the State Parks in Pa. Do not allow alchohol at all because of the actions of those who can't control themselves when alchohol is involved.
It is good to know, however, that at least here the rules seem to be enforced equally for everyone.

home

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/01/11 12:59pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I agree that rude or bad behavior at events has reached an all time high. Unfortunately some of these people have our home surrounded on three sides. We have neighbors that think nothing of partying late into the night complete with a DJ, massive speakers and flashing lights. The family accross from us opens their garage door and sets up a band with drums, amplifiers, etc. The guy next to us cranks his stereo up and broadcasts the filthiest rap junk I have ever heard. Calling the police does NO good at all. The police here in Bakersfield Ca have been on TV and said "We have to pick our battles'. They have admitted defeat. Also it seems to me they are only interested if you make them mad or they think they might get to shoot someone. Keeping the peace or enforcing laws isn't even on their radar. If you call them regarding a break in or theft they will tell you to call in a report. I even talked to a watch commander and was told there was nothing they or I could do. I have 25 work days left before I retire and cannot wait to get away from this cesspool, (we will be moving upstate).

* This post was edited 10/01/11 01:32pm by 7521 *

BigRedBill

Omaha, Nebraska

View Profile

Posted: 10/02/11 12:13am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

rwj146 wrote:

Most of the time it's the parents who are the most annoying, they don't seem to care what they say or who they say it about. It seems common courtesy has declined in recent years.

Some parents should not be allowed at sporting events. Earlier this summer, during one of my son's baseball games, a father of an opposing player was making all sorts of noise. He was yelling at the coaches on both teams, the ump, and the players. When my son was thrown out stealing third, this individual starts yelling at my boy and pointing at him -- mocking him for getting thrown out. My son is ten years old. I had enough and told him to shut up, that these kids were ten years old and they didn't need to hear the garbage spewing from his mouth. Pretty sure I made a comment about drunk (he was clearly intoxicated) and that he should go back to the bar. At this point, his embarrassed wife took him aside. I felt sorry for her and his kid.

I have found that alcohol usually doesn't mix well with good behavior. On our last camping trip, there were several families camping together near our site. Very loud, very rowdy late at night. Obscenities flowing like a river -- was shocked to hear what these parents were saying in front of their children. Some looked as young as three yrs old. State Park warden finally came by and very nicely ended their night and made them pour out all their alcohol.

I have no issues with those who like to have a few beers around the campfire. Just don't care for my family to have to listen to the Delta House.

* This post was edited 10/02/11 07:34am by an administrator/moderator *

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire

> Rude People Rant
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS