RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Tow Vehicles: My Big Ford Drum is broke...

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> My Big Ford Drum is broke...

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 24  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
ricatic

Home

View Profile

Posted: 10/01/11 03:27pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I visit all 4 Ford web boards regularly. IMO, which site you like the best is dependent on what type of conversation you like. Here is my take...JMO...YMMV

Powerstroke.org is more of a no holds barred, bash fests encouraged site. It allows a far larger level of personal attack than the others. This makes it more difficult to sort the wheat from the chaff. Lot's of trolling allowed. I watch the site but do not participate...too childish for me

The Diesel Stop is run by a larger Ford dealership. They place far more constraints on modifications that are outside the Emissions Laws. They are less combative there than at Powerstroke.org. Like myself, many FTE members cross post here. Good information can be found here but the participation rate is low.

The PowerstrokeNation site is a cross between the previous two. More spirited conversation than the TDS site with less nastiness than the first example. Emissions modification discussions are welcomed. Less FTE cross posting here. I do post on this site occasionally.

FTE is by far the most popular place for Ford 6.7 information. I just looked at all four sites and FTE has more posts dated today than the other 3 combined. This is typical. I find generally accurate information posted by civil tongued guy's who like to help. Personal attacks and blatant trolling are not tolerated. Spirited debate, when kept civil, is welcome. Because I do not enjoy trolls, nasty commentary or personal attacks on anybody, I vastly prefer FTE over the rest. As stated earlier...JMO...YMMV

Regards

Ricatic
Debbie and Savannah the Wonderdachsund
2009 Big Horn 3055RL
2006 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 Dually LTX with the Gold Standard LBZ Engine and Allison Transmission
2011 F350 Lariat SRW CC SB 4WD 6.7 Diesel POS Gone Bye Bye

45Ricochet

North Idaho

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/01/11 07:04pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sorry but YMMV means what [emoticon]
I understand the different crowds on forums, just seems some are a big love fest for whatever brand, good ol Woodstock 40 years later [emoticon]

2015 Tiffin Phaeton Cummins ISL, Allison 3000, 45K GCWR
10KW Onan, Magnum Pure Sine Wave Inverter
2015 GMC Canyon Toad

Previous camping rig
06 Ram 3500 CC LB Laramie 4x4 Dually 5.9 Cummins Smarty Jr 48RE Jacobs brake
06 Grand Junction 15500 GVWR 3200 pin

ricatic

Home

View Profile

Posted: 10/01/11 07:13pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

your mileage may vary...

45Ricochet

North Idaho

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/01/11 07:36pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks
Just a fashion remark I suppose BFG [emoticon]

Jarlaxle

New England

View Profile

Posted: 10/01/11 07:57pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Perrysburg Dodgeboy wrote:

FTE runs Chrysler ads all the time. As far as Rick goes, if your told to shut up and we get your truck covered, if not your paying the 20K what would you do.

Have a graphic shop make up a 6' lemon in day-glow yellow to put on it. In the lemon would read, in reflective lettering: "This truck was built with a faulty injector pump. Ford refuses to fix it under warranty because of the incompetence at (name of first dealer)."

John and Elizabeth (Liz), with 2 nutty cats...RIP, Maya ">
My beloved St. Bernard, Marm, lost him 1/2/12
Current rig:
1992 International Genesis school bus conversion

surveyorjp

Missouri

View Profile

Posted: 10/01/11 09:51pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks for the update ricatic. Here's hoping progress continues towards a complete warranty repair.

2012 Dodge Grand Caravan. Popup shopping

smithrjd

USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/01/11 09:57pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yes hoping for a good outcome. I was close to buying a 2011 Ford, but in the end a dealer I knew and a good service department that I had used kept me with the Duramax.

Shogun

Winnipeg

View Profile

Posted: 10/04/11 05:26pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ricatic wrote:

The truth of the matter is that a very unscrupulous dealer has played every card he could draw to stymie my progress to an equitable ending to the story. Regards

This seems therefore to be a bad dealer rather than a bad manufacturer.

In the Toyota world I have run into this just as you have. I now drive 1 hour to a non-local dealer for any major service I can't do myself. They only service what is required and never up sell. They know my voice over the phone and my history of taking good care of my vehicles.

Our local Ford dealer has been excellent with no issues on warranty claims even on my F350 with a bad cat at 175000 km.

I am sure the manufacturer has a protocol for resolving differing diagnostics from different dealers. Just takes bloody long some times.

I am sure some unscrupulous dealers will happily make things look non-warranty for a better reimbursement rate and less paper work.

Spree 318bhs. Blue Ox Sway Pro WD hitch.
Primary tow vehicle 2015 F150 super crew, 5.0 V8.

45Ricochet

North Idaho

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/04/11 07:53pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Speaking of which, no word yet Ric?
I did scan FTE today and didn't see anything there either. Just the funny
"Bucking" thread. Bet those guys were sure glad to hear your truck didn't do that.
Good luck again

blt2ski

Kirkland, Wa

View Profile

Posted: 10/04/11 11:45pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

For those that read this, as many are, part of me wants to close this until Ric gets this figure out, so we can keep the BS out, for lack of better wording for it. At the moment I will leave open.

Marty

92 Navistar dump truck, 7.3L 7 sp, 4.33 gears with a Detroit no spin
00 Chev C2500, V5700, 4L80E, 4.10, base truck, no options!
92 Red-e-haul 12K equipment trailer

Check RV.Net Blogs at: blog.rv.net

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 24  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> My Big Ford Drum is broke...
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS