RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Travel Trailers: New EcoBoost F150.

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers

> New EcoBoost F150.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 10  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
11krcford

Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/25/12 11:05pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hello ford EB lovers I love mind also.second time out this weekend .Towing 8000 lbs,32 ft travel trailer not a struggle any hills rides great looks nice too flame blue and chrome

FoCoNoCo

Fort Collins, Colorado

View Profile

Posted: 05/26/12 02:01pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Glad to see the great EcoBoost reports. We're looking at either an F150 EB S-crew Max trailer pkg or Chevy/GMC 1500 w/6.2 L max towing. Personally, we like the F150 better, and not sure what kind of mileage to reasonably expect from a 6.2L V8. While the GM's have great towing capability (max 10,300), the F150EB's max of 11,300 lbs os really impressive, especially for a V6. Though I think the GM products may have a slightly higher payload capacity (depending on how equipped, of course). Think we may end up getting the F150 - thanks for all of the positive reviews.

nitrohorse

pa

View Profile

Posted: 05/26/12 05:00pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Here's a link to the Eco Boost forum...

F150 Forum

BigDaddyHfx

Dartmouth, Nova Scotia

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/26/12 07:09pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We love our F150 EB Supercrew (as shown below). We mostly bought it for the completely flat floor in the back seat. We fold up the rear seats which gives us ample room for our three Border Collies. We've nicknamed the truck "Big Red".

We've only towed our TT about 700KM. Big Red had no problem towing with power to spare. The rear camera makes hooking up easy for this rookie. I've used the tow/haul for going uphill but only heard about the downshift on this thread. (should really finish reading the manual).

I don't think there's a better truck then the F150 EB but if there is it's one great truck.

Texas

View Profile

Posted: 05/27/12 09:34am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Whiskeyjack44 wrote:

Hey, I'm not gonna call anyone out on their mileage, BUT if it's taken off your onboard computer, peolpe are going to doubt your figures. Onboards are great for feeling good and bragging. If it ain't hand figured, then it ain't worth squat!

I used to think the same until after 6 months of hand calculations. My onboard display is spot on so I stopped writting stuff down. I may check it from time to time just to verify.

2011 Ford F-150 EcoBoost SuperCab Max Tow, 2084# Payload, 11,300# Tow,
Timbrens, PullRite SuperGlide 2700 15K
2013 KZ Durango 1500 2857

Whiskeyjack44

Washington

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/27/12 10:26am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I agree, there are a lot of accurate onboards. I'm using a calibrated Scangauge that is pretty darn close, but hand figuring never is inaccurate. Also, we all know that lotsa guys drive for awhile, look at their onboard, and report that they're getting 14 mpg, or whatever, towing--ah, that's not how it works. Again, not putting any of you down, but when a person reports mileage from an onboard I always kinda wonder.

FoCoNoCo

Fort Collins, Colorado

View Profile

Posted: 05/27/12 06:11pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

nitrohorse wrote:

Here's a link to the Eco Boost forum...

F150 Forum

Thank you for the link - will head over there and check it out.

Gas Hawg

NW Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 05/29/12 02:30am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have been a gm guy since I gave my teenage project car, a '64 Fairlane, to my brother over 25 years ago. Although I have a nagging desire to find a late 50s Ford pickup with a 401 Flathead for a project car.

Anyway, all of that gm loyalty may have eroded after I started looking at a replacement for the DW's Bravada. She would like a pickup so she can haul her kayak and or bike to the great outdoors on the weekends we arent camping. My Sierra with the 496/ally is too hard on the wallet for anything but towing or hauling heavy loads. Looking at engine / drivetrain specs in the 1/2 ton varieties, Ford appears to smoke the equal gm offerings. Especially with the ecoboost technology. I am sold so far. I want to go test drive a few of both this weekend to see if the paper is backed up by being behind the wheel.. Has anyone else switched from a Silverado/Sierra to the ecoboost???

2003 GMC Sierra 2500HD CC/LB 2WD 8.1L
2006 Laredo 26BH

Padlin

W. Ma.

View Profile

Posted: 05/29/12 05:55am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Gas Hawg wrote:

Has anyone else switched from a Silverado/Sierra to the ecoboost???

Just changed from an 04 GMC Ext Cab 1500 5.3 to the Ecoboost. I built mine for the best towing/payload capabilities, not the mileage, which is about 1 mpg better then my GMC at about 17 combined. Sounds like you could build the truck to get the best possible mileage and do pretty well as she isn't going to be towing. Is there a reason you want a full size truck over a compact like the Nissan or Toyota? The 4wd Ford sits higher the the GMC, if you go with the Ford get the tailgate with the step built in.

Happy Motoring
Bob & Deb

W Ma.
12 F150 HD SCAB EcoBoost LB 4x4
14 Escape 5.0 TA

SabreCanuck

Winnipeg

View Profile

Posted: 05/29/12 06:11am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Gas Hawg wrote:

I have been a gm guy since I gave my teenage project car, a '64 Fairlane, to my brother over 25 years ago. Although I have a nagging desire to find a late 50s Ford pickup with a 401 Flathead for a project car.

Anyway, all of that gm loyalty may have eroded after I started looking at a replacement for the DW's Bravada. She would like a pickup so she can haul her kayak and or bike to the great outdoors on the weekends we arent camping. My Sierra with the 496/ally is too hard on the wallet for anything but towing or hauling heavy loads. Looking at engine / drivetrain specs in the 1/2 ton varieties, Ford appears to smoke the equal gm offerings. Especially with the ecoboost technology. I am sold so far. I want to go test drive a few of both this weekend to see if the paper is backed up by being behind the wheel.. Has anyone else switched from a Silverado/Sierra to the ecoboost???

I got three words. Bikerack / roofrack /crossover.. I don't understand why you would need a full size pickup to haul a kayak/bike? Actually, it's easier for us to get our kayaks on the car's roofrack than it is to get it on the truck. Truck's with 6' box require some sort of rack to haul them.

If it was me, I'd be looking at crossover's or 4 cyl cars for DW. At least then you'd have one vehicle in the family that got 40 mpg. That is, if mileage really is important.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 10  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers

> New EcoBoost F150.
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS