RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Family Camping: PA families - check in here:)

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Family Camping

Open Roads Forum  >  Family Camping

> PA families - check in here :)

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
joelc

Hubert, NC

View Profile

Posted: 03/04/12 04:49pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'm Roz and like to camp with my husband, Joel and three dogs at Promised Land State Park and other campgrounds in the Poconos and the Catskills. Beside camping, our favorite thing to do is hike. Pike County offers us lots of places to hike and view waterfalls. My husband is quite an nature photographer so every time we go camping he usually takes some pictures for us to remember our wonderful camping experiences.

Roz

twinsmom&dad

Lehigh Valley, Pa

View Profile

Posted: 03/05/12 09:53am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

we are from the lehigh valley. we have twins 11yr olds boy and girl. we camp in a hybrid trailer.

HHfundays

PA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/06/12 03:22am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hi Everyone! We are a PA camping family of 3; dad, mom and 10 yr old girl ...of course I can't forget our big dog. We typically camp in PA, MD, DE and VA with other longer trips thrown in. Our season runs from Easter to Thanksgiving with us usually camping every weekend. This summer our big trip is to Yellowstone and surrounding areas. We are heading out in a few weeks to spend Easter in Shenandoah National Park. We camp in our 31ft C. Went to the show in Oaks last weekend and now we are so excited to start our season. It is so tempting to see the mh sitting in the driveway. We do try and use it for dry camping at least a night every month even if it is a trip to Cabels's for the night. We love the family time that the mh offers. Happy Travels Everyone!!!

Camper Bruce

United States

View Profile

Posted: 03/12/12 07:11pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

one of my favorite campgrounds is Prince Gallitizin State Park- will be there Memorial day, we often start with KOA campgrounds in in May.

CoachDad

Linglestown, PA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/09/12 11:09pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Father of 3 girls (5, 7 & 12) and husband to 1 but still married to coaching softball! Living in Linglestown, just east of Harrisburg.

31 foot C (currently being remodeled in the driveway) - camp mainly in Gettysburg but also the beach, northern PA and occasionally northern VA. Looking to make a trek out west to Mt Rushmore this summer with stops along the way in Kentucky, Iowa, Sioux City SD, Nebraska, Indiana and Ohio on the way out and back. (That's if gas doesn't cause me to sell an organ to finance the trip!)

Maybe a trip later in the fall to see Mickey Mouse....

steelpony5555

Copperas Cove Texas

View Profile

Posted: 03/10/12 12:08am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

What no one said Raystown Lake one of the more beautiful lakes in the country?? Oh that's right residents can't get in, seems only Maryland and DC residents can get in lol lol. Sorry that used to upset me when I lived 40 minutes away but could not just pick up and go. Had to get reservations 6 mos ahead of time.

06 Montana 3000RK
10 Dodge 3500 Dually Laramie 6.7 Diesel
07 Pearl White Ultra Classic (My new Baby)
10 Cadillac CTS
Texas Boomers---Stop by for a Margie some time!

jacobj

Palmer

View Profile

Posted: 03/13/12 10:53am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hi, my name is Jacob I'm married and have 3 kids 2 girls(12&9),1 boy(9)& 2 small dogs. I'm station here at Dover AFB and we been camping in Lancaster PA and we do most of our camping MD.

ejm4

Mechanicsburg, PA

View Profile

Posted: 03/23/12 12:01pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My wife & I have three kids; 8, 6 & 3. We live in Mechanicsburg and travel all over the place. We purchased a new class A the end of July last year and just turned 11K miles last month on the way home from Disney. Our motto "Have RV will travel!"

carteramy

Hickory, Pennsylvania

View Profile

Posted: 03/24/12 09:42am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hi! We are a family of 4. Two girls 9 and 12. Leaving our camper at Jellystone in Mill Run for this summer since we do not have a tow vehicle. Hoping to get one so that we can travel more next summer and do a Yellowstone trip in two years. We live just south of Pittsburgh! Cannot way for May 18th. Our first trip of the year!

stitchinsue

Central Pa

View Profile

Posted: 03/28/12 08:30am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Do any of you go to Quarryville Jellystone? I'm almost certain we are going to go there this year. What about other Jellystones in Pa? I saw there used to be one in Tunkhannock (it's not called jellystone any longer tho). I can't remember the name of it ... Cozy something?

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Family Camping

> PA families - check in here :)
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Family Camping

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS