|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes

> Calmark Covers

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
bill257

MARSHFIELD

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/22/11 03:32pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Any comments about Calmark covers.They are expensive with $32.00 per foot.I have Coachmen Freelander 32 BH, 2011 which is 32.5 feet and it will cost $1040 plus S&H.Manufacturer claim FSR construction(Fabric Stress Reinforcement),6 year warranty.Fabric is Sunbrella which is claimed to be best woven fabric for all weather conditions.Anybody have these covers and are they worth of an investment.

ronfisherman

SE Michigan

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/22/11 03:57pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Wow price has gone up since I bought mine. This will be the 5th winter that I have had mine. Covers my 35' MH very well.

No snow yet this year. But will be here soon.

2004 Gulf Stream Endura 6340 D/A
TST tire pressure monitor system
2012 Chevy Captiva Toad
Kodiak Chassis Class C Forum

Bill & Kate

Stone Harbor, NJ

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/23/11 11:57am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have one on our 30' TT. We had a cheap Expedition brand cover first to see if we liked the idea of covering. You get what you pay for and the cheap one lasted almost the length of the warranty. Since we liked having the trailer covered, we invested in the CalMark, and it is a superior quality cover. The fabric is sturdy and soft, the zippers are top shelf, and it fits like a glove which really minimized any kind of billowing or blowing around. The company was great to work with. The first time we put the cover on, I wished it had one more grommet in a spot that would make for a easy tiedown. I mentioned this by email to CalMark. I got a personal phone call from the president of the company, and he sent me a grommet kit so I could install them where I wanted.

Bill & Kate - Stone Harbor, NJ
w/ Molson (goldendoodle) and Sunny (parti poodle) (recently deceased)
2005 Ford/Quigley 4x4 E-350 Chateau Super Duty Van with 6.0L PSD ("Moby")
2012 Outback Super Light 277RL - 10th Anniversary Edition ("Salty Dog House II")

cjmorrell

Minnesota

View Profile

Posted: 10/29/11 05:13pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

At $32 a foot it's a deal. I have found that custom Sunbrella covers run around $43/foot.

Doin' It

In a Van Down by the River

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/01/11 06:04am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My concern with these covers is they are very heavy. We had a cheaper light weight cover that didn't last long (pitched it in the trash). I decided not to buy a heavy duty cover and go with a covered parking spot. Much easier to deal with.

We're not here for a long time, let's have a good time.

crasster

Dallas

View Profile

Posted: 11/01/11 08:28am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

That is a WHOLE lot of money for a cover. There are covers that cost about $299.

The old argument is do you spend a LOT of money on a cover and buy it once and it lasts for 6 years, or do you buy 3 covers that last for 2 years a piece that are cheaper.

4 whopping cylinders on Toyota RV's. Talk about great getting good MPG. Also I have a very light foot on the pedal. I followed some MPG advice on Livingpress.com and I now get 22 MPG! Not bad for a home on wheels.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes

> Calmark Covers
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS