|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers

> 1972 Vacationer

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
millerbunch5

Missouri

View Profile

Posted: 10/26/11 10:08am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hi, I'm considering buying a 1972 Vacationer and really need to know the specs on it. Best I can tell it is a Holiday Vacationer as it is the only vacationer from that era that I can find reference too. I need to know the weight and any other information that someone can provide for me.

I have the following pics from the posting that may help to identify the camper.

The owner tells me it is a 19ft camper.

Thanks in advance to anyone that can provide insight into this camper - DKlingler I saw you answer for another person that had lots of detail and would love it if you could provide as much for me.

weedlady

ohio

View Profile

Posted: 10/26/11 03:00pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The specs for Holiday Vacationer in my '73 owners manual don't give the weight. It came with 6 gal water heater, 30 gal fresh water system, 20 gallon waste system, and 2 28lb LP tanks.
I think DKlinger has disappeared-I haven't had a response to a few PM's I've sent to him. Wish he would come back-his information was very helpful.
I am not very knowledgable, but will help in any way I can. Good Luck-I'm very happy with my 73 Holiday Rambler.
Martha

TimV

Grand Rapids, Mi.

View Profile

Posted: 10/27/11 11:12am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

From the pics I don't think it is a 1972 Holiday Rambler Vacationer. The Vacationer had different cabinets, Radius outside corner caps with a molded front and rear aluminum roof cap and the center band stripe on the outside was wider and had the classic Holiday Rambler Map that was fastened to the band stripe about center of trailer. Also the clearance lights are different from what HR used. There was a company that built a Vacationaire by American Travel Systems in Elkhart I think they folded around 2000.

Dklingler

North Carolina

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/27/11 04:14pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

That's not a Holiday Vacationer, it lools more like a Free Sprit that was manufacture by Holiday Rambler. I have a complete set a specs for all Holiday Rambler products from the late 1950 thru 1986 if you need more info on their products

Doug

millerbunch5

Missouri

View Profile

Posted: 10/27/11 05:20pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I would love to know any of the standard information anyone has for this camper... based on what it is or may be. The current owner says that the title says 1972 vacationer with no indication of manufacturer. This has me wondering if it is the correct title for the camper. Either way I am still wondering the GVWR and the hitch weight to see if my tow vehicle can handle it or not. I am using a 2004 Chrysler Town and Country with the 3.8l V6. It has dealer installed class three hitch with heavy duty tranny cooler and brake controller onboard. The tow capacity on the van is approx 3500lbs. Will it pull the camper? The owner states it to be a 19ft. From the pics it appears to be front heavy seeing as the wheels are very much aft.I would gladly accept any advise or opinions. Thanks, Jason

TimV

Grand Rapids, Mi.

View Profile

Posted: 10/28/11 07:27pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

That trailer is to heavy for your Van. From the pics it is at least 22 foot and probably closer to 24 (based on a twin bed floorplan cant be any smaller than 22) trailers of this vintage and size typically weighed around 4500lbs. You need to find someting 3000lbs or less. There are lots of new single axle trailers 14 to 20 foot in this class but older ones are hard to find.

MrSurly

East Tx

View Profile

Posted: 10/28/11 08:29pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

This is my first post on RV.net. I've been lurking to find info on my recent purchase, a HR Vacationer that is apparently a 1971 model.
I look forward to gaining from the vast knowledge base that this forum represents. Though I'm a newbie at this, I can say with some certainty that your TT is not a 1972 HR Vacationer. The profile, the wheel flares, the cabinets, none look similar to the early seventies-era HRs that I've been finding pics of. All of these have the "leaning forward" profile.

This is mine. Though I haven't found the VIN, I have found date codes on the hitch,the furnace, the power converter, etc that show it to have been manufactured in late 1970. The "map logo" (missing in this pic) says Holiday Rambler Vacationer.

I wonder if yours might be a 1980s model?

Just pitchin' in.
Ricky

* This post was edited 10/31/11 08:42am by MrSurly *

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers

> 1972 Vacationer
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS