RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Workamping Forum: Information Discussion for Gate Guards

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Workamping Forum

Open Roads Forum  >  Workamping Forum

> Information Discussion for Gate Guards

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 122  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
mdbass

Oklahoma

View Profile

Posted: 03/04/12 09:18am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Don/Shar wrote:

Okay I have beat this thing to death I think it is time to move on to something a little more productive. I am not one to pick on anybody so I will not be posting about the service we get anymore. Sorry to have been a bore, didn't mean to be a pain. I just wanted others to be aware of some of the problems.

There are no stupid questions and this forum is for you to say (within limits) what you like. There will always be opposing views. If everyone who contributes shies away from controversy (perceived or otherwise), well then we won't have discourse. Which sorta defeats the purpose. Just sayin'.

Mark Bass

The Texan

Cascade, Idaho

View Profile

Posted: 03/04/12 09:34am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Don/Shar wrote:

Okay I have beat this thing to death I think it is time to move on to something a little more productive. I am not one to pick on anybody so I will not be posting about the service we get anymore. Sorry to have been a bore, didn't mean to be a pain. I just wanted others to be aware of some of the problems.
Not really Don, we all have a need to know what is happening and this is about the only means we have, here or on Andy's blog. I know that since Jimmy went on sick leave, things are a little different here, but we are just waiting to see how his absence is going to be handled. I do know Jamie is back out in the field more, checking on things. Did you get a full tank of both fuel and water, or still just a dribble of each?

Bob & Betsy(FishNFanatic) - USN Aviation Ret'd '78 & LEO Ret'd '03 & "Oath Keeper Forever"
'05 HR Endeavor 40PRQ, 400 Cummins-Pulling our '11 Silverado LT, Ex Cab 6.2L NHT 4x4, w/2010 Rzr or 2007 Grizzly 450 in back.
Where the wheels are stopped today

Don/Shar

Sioux Falls, SD/ Lebanon, Indiana

View Profile

Posted: 03/04/12 09:53am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The Texan wrote:

Don/Shar wrote:

Not really Don, we all have a need to know what is happening and this is about the only means we have, here or on Andy's blog. I know that since Jimmy went on sick leave, things are a little different here, but we are just waiting to see how his absence is going to be handled. I do know Jamie is back out in the field more, checking on things. Did you get a full tank of both fuel and water, or still just a dribble of each?

We got about 50 gal. They say they can not by law haul more than 50 gal, if we would get another 50 the next day it wouldn't be all that bad but we won't see another visit until we call him at least 3 times.
He didn't bring any water, we are little over 100 gal of water. He said he would bring the water out when he comes with more diesel.
Also our bell wasn't ringing so I called and he said he would come right out with some new hose. He got here about 10:30 last night with enough hose to fix one, said they was having trouble getting hose. I said I was going to Jamies lot today and get some, that's where they get it and Jamie is out.

Don / Sharon Smith
8th year fulltiming
1 high school sweetheart bride of 51 yrs. Sharon
1 long haired mini dauchound...Jake
1997 Beaver Patriot DP
2004 Jeep Rubicon
http://s168.photobucket.com/albums/u189/smithster_photos/

The Texan

Cascade, Idaho

View Profile

Posted: 03/04/12 09:58am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sorry, the law is 125 gals of diesel fuel without a hazmat endorsement. That came directly from Jaimie a few months ago. We got a 100 gallons just 2 days ago.

Don/Shar

View Profile

Posted: 03/04/12 10:07am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The Texan wrote:

Sorry, the law is 125 gals of diesel fuel without a hazmat endorsement. That came directly from Jaimie a few months ago. We got a 100 gallons just 2 days ago.

Sorry they did tell us 100 gal. but we get 50 and the guy down the road gets 50. So he brings out 100 gal but splits between two gate guards. Sorry about the miss statement.

craftiemissy

Texas

View Profile

Posted: 03/04/12 12:58pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hey ladies! Just a friendly reminder that it would be helpful if I knew how many of you are interested in coming to our next get together at Chilis in Beeville next Sunday at 11:30 a.m. (the 11th) The church crowd fills it up pretty quickly, so send me a PM or call 417 322 3765.
THANKS!!

Don/Shar

View Profile

Posted: 03/04/12 02:24pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hey fellow gate guards....I told you all about my rattler experience,
well now that it has been a couple of days I am sitting here with DW and laughing. I am a wildlife nut....I have pictures of me holding snake, skunks and being very close to Grizzley bear.
When I walked up beside our motorhome and heard that rattle it was the most sickening sound I have ever heard. The snake did not strike but slithered under our generator wagon and I ran into the motorhome to change my pants. That snake was 16 feet long and 6 inches around(now remember at the time I was scared out of my witts). My wife said I was as pale as she had ever seen me. Mr Rattler that was killed(I am sorry that it was killed ,I tried to get the game warden to relocate it) by one of the pipeline crew it was actually only about 5 ft long. Boy I can sure laugh about it now.

Ajones42

South Texas Puckerbrush

View Profile

Posted: 03/04/12 04:57pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

mdbass wrote:

Yeah, I read most of it-looks like we're getting an EOG gate down here, so I hope it works out for us. Don't know where to get FRC's but they can't be hard to find.

They are damned expensive. Wall Outlet was the cheapest in the Metroplex . Carharrt also makes FRC gear.Jeans and a t shirt for Kath, coveralls for me were $171 on sale at their Outlet.

Fulltiming in a 2010 Puma 30RKSS
1993 Dolphin 32D -> Destroyed by hail April 2013
Gate Guards in the South Texas Pucker Brush
My Old RV
Oil Field Gate Guard Forum

mdbass

Oklahoma

View Profile

Posted: 03/05/12 05:18am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ajones42 wrote:

mdbass wrote:

Yeah, I read most of it-looks like we're getting an EOG gate down here, so I hope it works out for us. Don't know where to get FRC's but they can't be hard to find.

They are damned expensive. Wall Outlet was the cheapest in the Metroplex . Carharrt also makes FRC gear.Jeans and a t shirt for Kath, coveralls for me were $171 on sale at their Outlet.

It's always about the $$$ isn't it? Oh well-gotta pay to play....and it's a deduction.

Wayne and Maureen

East Coast, USA

View Profile

Posted: 03/05/12 11:03am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks for the interesting conversation about Gate Guard work. Does not look like a good fit for us Looks like this type of work will only grow in the future and here's hoping the wages grow with it.

Wayne and Maureen
On the Road
Visit our FullTimer Blog

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 122  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Workamping Forum

> Information Discussion for Gate Guards
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Workamping Forum

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts