RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Workamping Forum: Information Discussion for Gate Guards

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Workamping Forum

Open Roads Forum  >  Workamping Forum

> Information Discussion for Gate Guards

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 123  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
Don/Shar

Sioux Falls, SD/ Lebanon, Indiana

View Profile

Posted: 04/03/12 02:52am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well this is starting to be the week from hell......wow rig is coming down and moving, one of us is up all night......in and out/ in and out. The 4 to 5 days of the fracking crew then two months waiting for the rig to come back. Company man wanted us to go with them so I went the new spot and talked to the gate guards there that are getting ready to leave. The new gate is on the west side of 35 and they said they have had a lot of drug traffic. I told the company man I will just stay where I am till they get back.....sorry don't need that.
All in all this has not been a bad gig. Been here since October and just finished my #300 log page. We will be here till June then going to Indiana to celebrate 50th ann. Company man said we could have 2 days off.LOL

Don / Sharon Smith
8th year fulltiming
1 high school sweetheart bride of 52 yrs. Sharon
1 long haired mini dauchound...Jake
1997 Beaver Patriot DP
2004 Jeep Rubicon
http://s168.photobucket.com/albums/u189/smithster_photos/

mdbass

Oklahoma

View Profile

Posted: 04/03/12 04:33am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Same deal here-and our Company Man said bring a gun. Turns out someone else had already been assigned to the new gate. Whew! We have seven holes here and the last one just got punched. Once the fracking craziness is over we are staying for production. I have been told that it will be an easy gig. We'll see.

Mark Bass

craftiemissy

Texas

View Profile

Posted: 04/03/12 06:19pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Reminder! Reminder! Gate Guard Ladies luncheon Saturday the 7th of April at high noon at Joe Gulley Park in Kenedy, TX. I would appreciate a PM or call if you're coming (so the DH knows how much of his delicious smoked meat to make)and to know if you're bringing a dish. PLEASE!! Missy 417 322 3765

The Texan

Cascade, Idaho

View Profile

Posted: 04/03/12 06:25pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Looking for new monthly swap partners. We have lost our monthly swap partners, as they are headed home for the summer. Anyone that is fairly close to Three Rivers, that would want to swap a full day once a month, please let us know. It is real nice to get away for a day and just chill in Corpus or SA. PM if interested.

Bob & Betsy(FishNFanatic) - USN Aviation Ret'd '78 & LEO Ret'd '03 & "Oath Keeper Forever"
'05 HR Endeavor 40PRQ, 400 Cummins-Pulling our '11 Silverado LT, Ex Cab 6.2L NHT 4x4, w/ the Rzr or ACE or a Quad riding in back.
Where the wheels are stopped today

The Texan

Cascade, Idaho

View Profile

Posted: 04/04/12 07:53am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Just got this off another GG forum and thought it needs to be on this one also. I know that I could not find another mobile RV to come out here and this is the first I heard of this one, just 7 miles down the road.

A fellow gate guard couple received lightning damage during one of the bad thunderstorms we have had recently and received wonderful care from Kevin Robinson of Platinum RV Center (www.platinumrvcenter.com/aboutus.html) out of George West 361-542-7943. My friend, Jim Mossman, asked me to spread the word to other gate guards who might need some repair work done that Kevin runs a mobile unit and he came right out to his gate to assess the damage and ordered parts.

Don/Shar

Sioux Falls, SD/ Lebanon, Indiana

View Profile

Posted: 04/04/12 05:41pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well..../hell week is over. The rig only moved about 3 miles so they got it all done in one day. Now we have the rest of the week and the weekend free. Not sure when the fracking crew gets here. Once they get done with the fracking we will have about 45 to 50 days sitting here letting 3 to 4 people a day in waiting on the drill rig to get back.

Blondie Girl

Currently-

View Profile

Posted: 04/04/12 07:33pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

When we first started gate guarding someone gave us Kevin's number(Platinum RV Repair) He was easy to get ahold of and came by quickly for repairs. Then last summer he started a repair on our motorhome and we never heard back from him. He wouldn't return our calls either. We ended up having to get the parts in San Antonio and a friend helped my husband finish the repair.
When we were having electrical prolems recently, we talked to Kevin and he was supposed to come out...he never showed up.
Sooo he doesn't seem to be as dependable as he was when when we first met him.

mdbass

Oklahoma

View Profile

Posted: 04/05/12 06:21pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have had Shamrock RV do some things for us and they are excellent to work with. Reasonable too! They will come out to the Eagle Ford Shale to service your RV. The owner is Michael Lenahan and he can be reached at (830) 237 8731. His shop has hookups and is located in Seguin. They do heavy maintenance-chassis and motor-and the "RV side"-flooring, interior mods, plumbing, electrical, etc. BTW-we recently had them spray and treat the underside of the RV for mice.

GGup

SE, South Dakota

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/07/12 01:28pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

"had the undersided treated for mice" what is that about?

What do they use and how does it stay on the underside if you travel?

Sounds like TX and GG will have to come to some agreement or we all get fined?

coolbikeman1

Springfield,Mo

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/07/12 02:43pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

GGup wrote:

"had the undersided treated for mice" what is that about?

What do they use and how does it stay on the underside if you travel?

Sounds like TX and GG will have to come to some agreement or we all get fined?

Check out this website for information about the product.

www.mouse-free.com

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 123  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Workamping Forum

> Information Discussion for Gate Guards
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Workamping Forum

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS