RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Truck Campers: Truck & camper cover?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Truck & camper cover?

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
kylekai

San Diego, CA

View Profile

Posted: 10/30/11 02:59pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Anyone know of a camper cover that would work with a popup camper (Hallmark) while the camper is on the truck (2011 Silverado 2500 extended cab long bed)? I leave the camper on the truck most of the time, and the truck with the camper on sits idle for weeks at a time, so I'd like to cover them both with one cover. Thanks for any advice!

silversand

Montreal

View Profile

Posted: 10/30/11 04:43pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Kyle:

We bought the Adco (Aqua-shed) "large" TC cover to cover our pop-up (just about the same size as your Everest), aboard our 2500HD (virtually same truck as yours in your Sig). The cover is the biggest one they make, and is a bit baggy, but even with that, will not cover the truck's cab and camper.

You will probably have to buy both a truck camper cover and a separate cover designed to cover just the cab portion of your 2500 extended cab.

We really never used our cover but to try it on one time (in the changing room, so to speak).

That's our experience. In storage (where our truck and camper are for the next 6/7 months), the storage facility gave us a huge translucent thin but tough plastic (2500HD in our configuration is 20-feet 8-inches long) that I used. I did the job myself (saving me $45 in labor), and ended up using a piece 34-linear feet long by 24-feet wide, as a massive "wrap". I don't know if you store indoors? or, outside? I probably wouldn't want to deploy this stuff outdoors.

Good luck!
Silver-

Silver
2004 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 4x4 6.0L Ext/LB Tow Package 4L80E Michelin AT2s| Outfitter Caribou

mkirsch

Rochester, NY

View Profile

Posted: 10/31/11 08:49am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

A Class B+ cover should work on a popup. Else, one from a small Class C.

What's the point of the cover if you have to cut a hole in it for the solar, though?

2002 Chevy 3500 DRW/8.1/Allison & 2000 Palomino B1500 popup TC

-Yes, I haul a popup with a dually. No, I don't think I need a dually to haul a popup.

billtex

RI

View Profile

Posted: 10/30/11 06:25pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Look at the ADCO's made for Class B's,C's...

2006 Chevy D/A CC
Eagle Cap 850
25'Airstream Excella
"Good People Drink Good Beer"-Hunter S Thompson

kylekai

San Diego, CA

View Profile

Posted: 10/30/11 06:14pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Silver, the truck is stored outside, in mild-weathered San Diego. The only other issue is the camper has solar, and I'd like to keep the solar panel exposed so the batteries remain charged, which might be problematic with a cover. But thanks for the info, maybe some sort of homemade cover would work best.
Thanks!
Kyle

bobndot

NY

View Profile

Posted: 10/30/11 10:20pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

maybe calmark will make you one to fit your application . http://www.calmarkcovers.com/product-info/custom-made-rv-covers/

sstan

Northern California

View Profile

Posted: 10/31/11 09:10pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Kyle,

I had a Calmark cover made for my Outfitter 2 years ago and it was made to hang long enough to tie under the camper. I'm now in the same situation as you though and will be storing my camper on the truck for extended periods. I'm thinking most of the bed will be covered by the camper cover and I just ordered a cab only cover from realtruck.com made by Covercraft. They use the same sunbrella fabric as Calmark. Sunbrella lets enough sunlight through the pinholes in the fabric to let my solar system keep the batteries charged but at the same time is waterproof. Amazing stuff.

Good luck,

Steve

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Truck & camper cover?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS