|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Roads and Routes

Open Roads Forum  >  Roads and Routes

> Headed to Clarksville, TN

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
texasjayco

Texas Hill Country - west of Austin

View Profile

Posted: 11/05/11 05:22pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We lost our nephew in the bus bombing in Afghanistan last week and are going to the funeral next week. He was stationed at Ft Campbell, but his family lives in Clarksville.

We will not be pulling the camper, but would like route info.

Obviously, we will stay on the interstate thru Memphis. Google maps shows to go north before Nashville on Hwy 13 thru Waverly then on to C'ville. Is that indeed the best way to go as opposed to going thru Nashville then north? Is it a good road after dark?

It will be late at night, so traffic shouldn't be a factor in N'ville.

Any help would be appreciated.

Mark

2010 Sierra 355 QBQ
2011 Ford F-350 Lariat Diesel Dually
PIC OF BOTH

My home town

Irover

Where ever the Good Lord Wills

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/05/11 06:16pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

After dark, would stick to the interstates, most fuel stations are open, along with food and rest areas for potty breaks. Oh1 Yes, in case of a brekdown you will be able to get help faster. JMO! Irover

My condolences to all in your family, FREEDOM IS NOT FREE! God Bless all our Veterans, past present and furure.
U.S. Army 1971-1974

Delaine and Lindy

Linden Tn. (The View)

View Profile

Posted: 11/05/11 07:44pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sorry for the Ioss of a great American. Would get off I-40 in Jackson Tn. its exit 86 or so but take Rt 45N over to RT 79 and stay on Rt 79 into Clarksville, Tn I lived in Clarksville when I retired. We still have kids and Grandkids living there. You could also stay on I-40 to exit 143 and go North on hwy 13 thru Waverly Tn.to Erin Tn. to the 4 way stop turn left and go to the next right and it will carry you to Clarksville. Good Luck... Happy Trails....

2012 Chevy Silverado 3500HD DRW's LTZ ******Traded******
Trailer Saver Air Ride (SOLD) (Sold)

2010 Mobile Suites 38 RSSB 3, with vanity slide (SOLD)

"Montana" our Sweet Furr Kid
12/21/10 "RIP" miss you!!

We are BLESSED!!!!

MichDoc

Michigan

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/06/11 07:49am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I can't help with the route, but still want to offer my condolences. God Bless our Troops, and their Families.

Gale Hawkins

Murray, KY

View Profile

Posted: 11/05/11 06:35pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Irover wrote:

After dark, would stick to the interstates, most fuel stations are open, along with food and rest areas for potty breaks. Oh1 Yes, in case of a brekdown you will be able to get help faster. JMO! Irover

My condolences to all in your family, FREEDOM IS NOT FREE! God Bless all our Veterans, past present and furure.
U.S. Army 1971-1974

2x on everything Irover stated. The 20 MPH small town in TN can test one after driving interstate speeds. It is nice you can make the trip.

coolmom42

Middle Tennessee

View Profile

Posted: 11/05/11 07:10pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

For someone unfamiliar with the area, this is your best route:

Take I-40 to exit 204. Take exit 204 for Briley Parkway North--Google may show this as State Route 155. This is a 4 lane divided highway, that loops all the way around the north side of Nashville. It will take you all the way to I-24. Take I-24 west to Clarksville. There are several exits for Clarksville/Ft. Campbell. Your family can advise you on the best one to take for the area you need to get to in Clarksville.

I live about 15 miles east of Waverly, and have driven the back roads to Clarksville all my life, but would not recommend it at night for someone unfamiliar with the area. Hwy 13 is narrow, winding & hilly, and there are several intersections where you could go wrong easily in the dark.

I'm so sorry for your loss. That was a sad day for Ft. Campbell, as many have been in this terrible conflict.

Please PM me here or email me at coolmom42@yahoo.com if I can be of any more help to you.

2006 Toyota Sienna
Single empty-nester in Middle TN

Delaine and Lindy

Linden Tn. (The View)

View Profile

Posted: 11/06/11 03:06pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I agree if you follow Hwy 13 all the way but make the left in Erin at the 4 way much easier route... The Hwy 79 route, be careful and watch your speed, there have been reports of Bears in that area, you will reconize them they are the ones with Blue lights on top... Happy Trails.....

Delaine and Lindy

Linden Tn. (The View)

View Profile

Posted: 11/07/11 05:30pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It will only add about 80+ miles, however exit 204 is by-pass Briley and you want have to go into Nashville. Good Luck. Happy Trails.....

texasjayco

Texas Hill Country - west of Austin

View Profile

Posted: 11/06/11 07:33pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks for the help and the condolences.

I think since it will be late and dark, and I wll be dog tired, I will follow coolmom's advise and stay on the interstate.

Thanks to all.

Mark

coolmom42

Middle Tennessee

View Profile

Posted: 11/06/11 10:55am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Delaine and Lindy wrote:

Sorry for the Ioss of a great American. Would get off I-40 in Jackson Tn. its exit 86 or so but take Rt 45N over to RT 79 and stay on Rt 79 into Clarksville, Tn I lived in Clarksville when I retired. We still have kids and Grandkids living there. You could also stay on I-40 to exit 143 and go North on hwy 13 thru Waverly Tn.to Erin Tn. to the 4 way stop turn left and go to the next right and it will carry you to Clarksville. Good Luck... Happy Trails....

The first route suggested here is the better one. Hwy 79 is a better road than 13.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Roads and Routes

> Headed to Clarksville, TN
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Roads and Routes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS