|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Toy Haulers

Open Roads Forum  >  Toy Haulers  >  Toy Haulers

> LivinLite VRV Alum. Toyhauler

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Next
Sponsored By:
zidaro

mammoth lakes

View Profile

Posted: 11/06/11 04:00pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

http://www.livinlite.com/VRV-overview.php

EDIT- dropped the bomb and here it is!! Arrived in May '12

Please, i am looking for anyone that may have an opinion and experiences with this manufacturer and their VRV line of toyhaulers. Would like to know of any known durability issues, design flaws, build quality issues, etc.- or if you think they are great
I have seen 1 of their quicksilver campers and it looked to be of great quality- bit it was brand new, barley used, so no problems have risen yet.

We are a family of 3 that love to go dirtbiking, surfing, kayaking, etc. so we need a small toyhauler to carry our toys and camp comfortably in. 1/2ton Tundra towrig. We like to get off the beaten path a bit and also live in the E. Sierras so we see alot of rough dirt roads and snow. Looking at the 8.5x18 Sport. We will add a walk-on roof and and a few other options

Like the VRV because it is all alum, lightweight; and somewhat spartan but with all the necessities. It certainly seems a few steps above a nice enclosed hauler. small kitchen, small full bath, heated, insulated, fold out tent queen bed that can be used when your toys are still inside, awning, dexter torsion axles, 6lug 3500lb., etc..

We like it, just want to hear if anyone has an opinion or some bad news about these.

Thanks,
aaron

Mod's Edit: Fixed screen size to prevent side-scrolling.

* This post was last edited 08/03/12 01:27pm by zidaro *   View edit history

southernkilowatt

North Carolina

View Profile

Posted: 11/06/11 06:50pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

CLICKY

I like them. And I like their truck campers too. They look tough as nails with the all alum. construction. The specs for holding tanks looks ample enough, but I do have one or two questions...What are they doing for power? Are they 30 amp or 50 amp? Are they set up for a generator? What about storage? Not many compartments I saw, I wonder where you would put everything? Also, what about insulation? I wonder with an all aluminium construction like that how well they would do in cold weather? Or summertime, how easy would it be to keep cool?
I would definatley want to see it up close and personal before I ordered one.
I'm going to bookmark the site so I can go back and spend some more time surfing. Thanks for the link!
Dave

zidaro

mammoth lakes

View Profile

Posted: 11/07/11 07:24am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks for the input.
They are worth checking out if you are not looking for the run-o-the-mill toyhauler. There reputation on a google search only brings up only good, no threads on required repairs that are 100 pages long or people dumping them to trade in for a different brand. They have been around a number of years. Cant find one used for the life of ya.

These are definitely more along the line of a tricked out CargoTrailer with living quarters. I really love the fold out queensize bed. Frees up a ton of interior space and can stay setup during the day.

All interior cabinetry is aluminum with aircraft latches.
The walls/ceiling are composite and insulated 1-1/2".
Power is 30amp shore with the ability to plug your generator into it, is standard. I would want an EU2000 to power the basics if not plugged in.
Storage is an issue to a degree. There is a large full width exterior compartment in front. Plenty in the kitchen, IMO. A small linen closet, a few other cabinets and a helmet/hanger shelf. Somewhat sparse, but i dont consider these to be an apartment. Our trailer would be spec'd with 8' overhead cabinet along one wall
They will customize the trailer however you want- similar to what Featherlite/TPD/Pace/etc.. will do.

Offer up some opinions if you have one.

thanks

southernkilowatt

North Carolina

View Profile

Posted: 11/07/11 02:58pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sounds like you like them too. Have you figured out what you are going to do for power? Does it have a battery storage compartment?

Colorado71

Colorado

View Profile

Posted: 11/07/11 06:12pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I checked out one of their 13ft TT models (wasn't interested in that unit but it was the only example I could find locally).

I sure do like their interiors, but the example I saw had the vertical laminate trim around the table de-laminating. It looked like the table core itself was made of some sort of styrofoam. The unit was brand new, but had been sitting on the dealer lot for a year or more.

zidaro

mammoth lakes

View Profile

Posted: 11/08/11 07:57am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

That's not cool! And the dealer should have adressed that.
Not to justify it, but all manufacturers send out trailers that have a few issues and the dealer has a responsibility to "prep" the trailer.
This is exactly why I'm asking though. Thanks for the warning

Colorado71

Colorado

View Profile

Posted: 11/08/11 04:35pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

zidaro wrote:

That's not cool! And the dealer should have adressed that.
Not to justify it, but all manufacturers send out trailers that have a few issues and the dealer has a responsibility to "prep" the trailer.
This is exactly why I'm asking though. Thanks for the warning

You're welcome. This particular dealer was dropping LivinLite since their primary business was horse trailers, not RV's. Guess that's why they let it slide.

zidaro

mammoth lakes

View Profile

Posted: 11/09/11 08:30am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yes we are purdy much sold on a VRV and are almost ready to order one.
I was hoping to find some people with knowledge on their long term durability or any issues that are arising after having had one for a few years or just a few trips.

There are quite a bit of positive responses all over the net from people with them that are quite satisfied. Ofcourse, these are on Livinlite blogs, info sites, and customer comment sites- maybe biased but still a place one would go if you were trying to fix an issue and needed some insight.

Usually one can find lots of negative/problems on an item with a simple search- not happening with the VRV. Is it possible that these are actually built well and not riddled with issues like other manufacturers?? Are these comparable and inline with the quality/durability one would expect out of a TPD/ATC/Featherlite??

Just tryng to stir up some dirt!! Anyone?

Colorado71

Colorado

View Profile

Posted: 11/09/11 04:00pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I will add more more thing. IIRC the floors on the LL trailers are aluminum. With the unit we looked at, the floor looked pretty scratched up for a 'new' trailer.

I'd imagine it would be pretty easy to mar with stones in your toys tires or your boots.

Please understand I'm not speaking from experience, I've never owned a LL trailer and I've only see one example, so I could be way off.

L Jordan

Houston, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 11/09/11 05:48pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'm interested in a VRV myself, but unless I can lay my hands on one for an up close and personal look, then I'm not comfortable buying it. I'm in Houston and we usually have a fairly large RV show around February. I'm hopefull that there will be a VRV there.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Toy Haulers  >  Toy Haulers

> LivinLite VRV Alum. Toyhauler
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Toy Haulers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS