|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Pet Stop

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Pet Stop

> Our newest stray...now family member

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
AZPops

Wherever the Job takes us...

View Profile

Posted: 01/31/12 04:07am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ok, now where’ve I’ve been when this announcement was made?

Congrats on giving this boy, and may be his girlfriend a home!

Pops

* This post was edited 01/31/12 04:17am by AZPops *

chrisnpat

Lake Villa, Il.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/31/12 09:07am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sterling......A very Nobel name for such a nice looking fellow. lol

Christine and Patrick
Dudley and Summer Time and Now Sebastian
Katie Bug and Maggie Mays at Rainbow Bridge
miss u sweet baby's.....

Cookielady

Tampa, FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/02/12 04:00pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Finally got a picture of the newest one.

our latest kitty

Motorhome Mama
http://www.worldisround.com/home/mhmama/index.html

Spike88

New Glasgow,Nova Scotia Canada

View Profile

Posted: 01/31/12 08:00pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sterling is a wonderful name since he is a male. Thank you somuch for opening your heart and your home to this beautiful animal and p lease keep us upda ted on him and his "girlfriend"

Margie UPS~44

MScampers

Vicksburg, MS

View Profile

Posted: 02/01/12 01:55pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

He is gorgeous! Sterling is a very appropriate name. While I was reading through the posts I kept thinking his previous owner must have cared for him. It is his survivors that didn't care. Why not name him after his previous owner....Mr. owner's name Sterling.

Mr. Charles Sterling
Mr. Sam Sterling
Mr. George Sterling

Just a thought. Just Sterling sounds like he is an English butler, LOL!

Cookielady

Tampa, FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/01/12 04:36pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Code2High, he is definately a talker. The female that showed up the other day appears to be a talker as well but not as much as him. He has made no attempt to make her leave and gladly shares his food dish with her which seems odd. The female appears to be a tortoise shell. We ended up naming Precious Sterling but I still occasionally call him Precious. Haven't hit on a name for the female but refer to her as Angel for now.
Thank you to everyone for your comments. I have to admit that those blue eyes are spectacular and he knows how to use them to get what he wants.

KLO

Southern OK

View Profile

Posted: 02/02/12 04:18pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

She's a pretty girl! Have you got to touch her yet? Good luck with both of them!!!

Code2High

One hour past Nowhere, CA

View Profile

Posted: 02/02/12 07:09pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Wow, that's an interesting coat pattern! I'd call her halfway between a regular calico and a tortie.

And in addition, I'd suggest that you catch her, catch her VERY soon, and get her to a vet before you have a litter of kittens on your hands. There's a reason he's sharing his meals with her. Boy cats are a lot like boy humans... And with the weather the way it has been, the blessed event may take place a lot earlier. I know our local humane society has several litters about to be born right now. Way early....

Some humane societies and shelters will loan you a trap, and you might look around and see who is willing to fix one that isn't so tame yet. If you aren't experienced at trapping I am and am happy to advise. Once fixed you can either release and work from there, or you can keep him and/or her secured while you civilize them a bit.

susan

Fuzzy Wuzzy was a wabbit, Fuzzy Wuzzy had a dandelion habit! RIP little Wuz... don't go far.

xteacher

Newnan, GA

View Profile

Posted: 02/02/12 07:48pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Crowe wrote:

It sure is. Or a tabby Siamese as it's also called. The blue eyes were a giveaway that it was in the Siamese family and they call it a Lynx or tabby due to the stripes. Who could resist those eyes? I would have called him Frank after Frank Sinatra (ole blue eyes himself!) but I love Sterling.

Frank or Frankie, after ole blue eyes was exactly what came to my mind, too! Sterling is a handsome cat, for sure!

Beth and DH(Joe)
3 Grown, Non-camping children
Rescues: Maddie (malti-poo/westie?) and Sunny (toy poodle)

2012 Aliner Classic
2010 Nissan Pathfinder

Cookielady

Tampa, FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/02/12 08:05pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Code2High wrote:

Wow, that's an interesting coat pattern! I'd call her halfway between a regular calico and a tortie.

And in addition, I'd suggest that you catch her, catch her VERY soon, and get her to a vet before you have a litter of kittens on your hands. There's a reason he's sharing his meals with her. Boy cats are a lot like boy humans... And with the weather the way it has been, the blessed event may take place a lot earlier. I know our local humane society has several litters about to be born right now. Way early....

Some humane societies and shelters will loan you a trap, and you might look around and see who is willing to fix one that isn't so tame yet. If you aren't experienced at trapping I am and am happy to advise. Once fixed you can either release and work from there, or you can keep him and/or her secured while you civilize them a bit.

I am trying to catch her but she is pretty quick. May have to get a trap which I hate to do. Luckily, Sterling is keeping her close to him and he is fixed.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Pet Stop

> Our newest stray...now family member
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Pet Stop

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS