|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Folding Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Folding Trailers

> 2005 Starcraft Centennial 2407

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
ricker360

Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 11/11/11 06:44am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I just got from a family member, the camper described above.

Prior to me getting it, the previous owner had an issue with the Elixir ELX-30 power converter. He pulled the unit out & had it repaired. He failed to jot down where the wires go or connected to.

I E-Mailed and called Starcraft inquiring as to a Wiring Diagram for this 12V system. Much to my surprise, I was told by Starcraft, that they don't have a Wiring Diagram for this 12V system. They said there was a diagram in the back of the Owners Manual...BUT...I don't have that manual. I searched the Internet to no avail. I did find the Elixir Manual. In addition, this camper utilizes the Starcraft 3 way safety module. I have that diagram just not the diagram for the 12V system as a whole.

I do not need the 12V trailer wiring diagram nor the 120VAC diagram.

Can some one advise on how to get a Wiring Diagram for the 12V circuit from the Elixir Power Converter...??

classicdude

Effingham, IL.

View Profile

Posted: 11/11/11 07:52am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have no idea what construction details manufacturers might feel the need to keep on file, but I have difficulty believing this info would not be readily available to the manufacturer. I would call the manufacturer and keep asking to speak with 'higher ups' until I was satisfied that someone had actually checked into it. An impersonal email might be easily disregarded, but not so with a determined caller.
Another option may be to call dealers randomly (hoping they have your model on hand) and see if one could copy and send the wiring diagram...for a price, of course.

2006 Trail Vision 19QB
2000 Silverado 1500 5.3 3:73
Drawtite WD 1000#

RoyB

King George, VA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/11/11 08:39am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

2005 Starcraft Folding Trailer Manual

The manuals are pretty generic for all the models. this should have a pretty good schematic inside..

I sent you PM with other info as well... I have the ELX30 Manual here and can send it to you...

* This post was edited 11/11/11 09:14am by RoyB *

My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - PM me
Roy and Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS HOME SETUP ONLY
POPUP PHOTOs-Pg52

ricker360

Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 11/11/11 11:36am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

RoyB:

Thank you for your response. I have looked at that Link and that diagram already. However, what I have in this pop-up is different on two aspects. Mine has a different Kill Switch System, incorporating the Starcraft 3 way Safety Module, and mine has a 30A Elixir Power converter.

On this Elixir power converter, there are three (3) output circuits. There is a Blue, Brown, & Yellow wires(s). From the Safety Module data, I have found that the Blue output wire from the Elixir, inputs the Safety Module (Red wire). I am "assuming" that one of the two remaining wires, one feeds the Furnace input, and perhaps the other, a separate circuit of the LP Gas Leak Detector. Without a diagram, I can only assume what Starcraft designed.

RoyB

King George, VA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/11/11 01:05pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Can we switch to emails
email me from the PM I sent earlier

Looks like I have same problem here with manuals... My 2008 POPUP manual has the same drawing as for as the CONVERTER is concerned by had the 30A Converter installed. The schematic shows the 25 AMP converter. I have a feeling this is going to be the only schematic you are going to get.

I have 15AMP fuses in CIR 1 BLUE wire and Cir 3 YELLOW wire, Has a 1 AMP fuse in CIR 2 BROWN wire...

These three group all went to three bundles of WHITE and BLACK cables where White is always (-) and Black is always (+)

Maybe the BROWN WIRE only goes where you see it since it has the 1AMP FUSE.

The other two groups all tied together with twist wire nuts go the 15AMP Circuits 1 and 3 on the converter... Divide them up I guess between the two circuits... Its all 12VDC. The BLACK wires go to either the YELLOW or BLUE. The WHITE WIRES (GROUNDS) all go to the GROUND CONNECTION WHITE WIRE and solid copper wire.

That is one big RATS NEST of wires to deal with. As soon as I saw that I got rid of the Elixir UNIT AND GOT ME A REAL POWER DISTRIBUTION CENTER WF8900 series with a "smart mode" PD9260C Converter/charger to keep my three GP24 POPUP BAtteries charged up. In your case with ONE or MAYBE TWO batteries the PD9245 converter model would be the best one to get...

This Power Distribution Center has 11 DC FUSES so each of those WHITE and BLACK cables each connected to a separate 15AMP fused circuit. NO RATS NEST of wiring all behind the converter/charger unit like the ELIXIR unit has.

* This post was last edited 11/11/11 02:29pm by RoyB *   View edit history

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Folding Trailers

> 2005 Starcraft Centennial 2407
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Folding Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS