|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Steady Fast Stabilizers

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
kakampers

Fulltimer

View Profile

Posted: 11/11/11 01:47pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

In this case 3 is better than 6 because of the longer angle created when each bar reaches completely across, attaching the frame directly to the opposite leg, instead of to the center of the RV...

2013 Heartland Landmark Key Largo with Mor Ryde IS and disc brakes
2011 Chevy Silverado 3500 DRW Crew Cab Duramax Diesel

up2nogood

Utah

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/11/11 07:30pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Martyn wrote:

up2nogood wrote:

Martyn wrote:

Yes they work well.

I have the JT Strongarms on my 5er.

I consider these to be the best quality of this type of stabilizing system.

And you have had Steady Fast, and they are not as good as JT

No, but I looked at them on a friend's 5er before deciding that I thought that JT's were better. It's called shopping...... My opinion might not match your opinion - you are free to think what you like.

I have no opinion on which is best . I only have experience with what I have. I can't say Steady Fast is the best, there is no way I can know unless I have used other brands. I do know they work well, and do what they say they do .

larry barnhart

wenatchee. wa usa

View Profile

Posted: 11/11/11 09:41pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We are very solid using our Jt's and it is hard to be better than solid. maybe the set up isn't done correct but both work so no problem. Love the way we sit still in a wind storm.
chevman

chevman
2001 35 ft avalon alpenlite RK
2005 3500 2wd duramax CC dually
prodigy
easyrider/reese airhitch
trailair center point suspension
JT Strong Arm Stabilizers
KSH 55 inbed fuel tank
Garmin 2720
scanguage II
TD-EOC
Induction Overhaul Kit
TST tire monitors

huntram

Fulltiming in the RV

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/11/11 11:24pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I bought the Steady Fast. They are at least as good as the JT's and maybe better because the arms go across the coach. Don't want to get into a 'mine's better then your's' contest, so let's say they are equal. I DO know that the wiggle is out of my 32' Cameo.
Now the BETTER part. Only three points to turn. They are much larger wing nuts. They are easier to access, no climbing under the coach to access them. If they are just the same, the access of the wing nuts make the Steady Fast much better in my book!
B

Our traveling blog:Brian and Patty's Awesome Adventure
2014 Dodge Ram 3500 CrewCab Dually, Aisin Trans, CTD, 2011 Carriage Cameo 32FWS 5th wheel.

kakampers

Fulltimer

View Profile

Posted: 11/12/11 06:31am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

huntram wrote:

I bought the Steady Fast. They are at least as good as the JT's and maybe better because the arms go across the coach. Don't want to get into a 'mine's better then your's' contest, so let's say they are equal. I DO know that the wiggle is out of my 32' Cameo.
Now the BETTER part. Only three points to turn. They are much larger wing nuts. They are easier to access, no climbing under the coach to access them. If they are just the same, the access of the wing nuts make the Steady Fast much better in my book!
B

X2...Well said!

Dave H M

IL

View Profile

Posted: 11/12/11 06:39am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

google the Winfield site and check that type out also.

It is the way I decided to go.

I have always used the Bal's between the wheels for fore and aft and chocking anyway.

MSHappyCampers

Columbus, MS

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/15/11 02:23pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You might want to take a look at these before you decide. Your total cost is about $50. Good luck & God bless!

Joe & Annette

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT

BrokenElbow

Valencia, CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/14/11 09:38pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

tsetsaf wrote:

kakampers wrote:

huntram wrote:

B

X2...Well said!

x3... 2.5 years of full timing with them. They are the single best investment for a fiver.

That's why I got the Steadyfast. 3 knobs instead of 6 and easier to access. They probably both work well, I'm just lazy. Easier is better for me. I'm impressed with the constructions so far and installing them has been easy. We will try them out in a few weeks.

2011 Montana 3455, MorRyde pin box, TrailerSaver BD3 air hitch, G614 tires, 2x6volt batts, 2 x Honda 2000i, Rotochoks, 6 pnt Levelup, TST TPMS, Arvika bike rack, Voyager Semi Wireless Rear Cam, Flojet Mascerator, 2008 F350 Lariat 6.4L diesel 4x4 SB CC SRW

fj12ryder

Platte City, MO

View Profile

Posted: 11/12/11 06:49am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I looked at all of them before I settled on the JT Strongarm. I decided I preferred the steeper angle of the JT Strongarm. Having to do six T-bolts instead of three adds an extra minute or so to our routine. Not such a big deal. I fashioned a tool to tighten/loosen the T-bolts so I don't have to reach under.

They work just like they say they do and our toyhauler is very solid now. If you have a long heavy 5er anything will be better than just chocks and a king pin tripod.

Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

tsetsaf

Full-Timer

View Profile

Posted: 11/12/11 02:19pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

kakampers wrote:

huntram wrote:

B

X2...Well said!

x3... 2.5 years of full timing with them. They are the single best investment for a fiver.

2006 Dodge 3500 5.9L CTD 6spd Manual SB SRW - Pullrite SG - Ride Rite Airbags - Rickson 19.5 Steelies 150K and going strong
2014 Premier Elite 44' Fifth Wheel... calm down it is within the weight limits of my truck.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Steady Fast Stabilizers
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS