RV.Net Open Roads Forum: RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions: Campground near Cape Cod

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions

> Campground near Cape Cod

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
traydon

West Winfield NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/16/11 07:55am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I was looking for advice for next summer's 2 week camping trip. We were thinking of heading to Cape Cod or Maine. I would like a place on or close to ocean,shoppping and maybe an amusement park. NEED A PLACE TO ACCOMADATE MY trailer. i have a 35' travel trailer so would need bigger sites anyt advice will help

2008 Ford F-250 CC V-10
2007 Chevy Tahoe
2011 Keystone Cougar 31 SQB
2013 Polaris Ranger CC

paulcardoza

Southeastern Massachusetts

View Profile

Posted: 11/16/11 07:59am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Atlantic Oaks on the Cape is nice enough and will handle your rig. FHU available.

Scussett Beach State Reservation is our favorite CG in the area. No sewer hookups and few amenities, but the location, right on the Cape Cod Canal east entrance is awesome! Tough to get in, so book early when available.

Bay View is just over the canal onto the cape. Nice enough with lots of seasonal sites, but very well kept.

Paul & Sandra
New Bedford, MA
2003 Monaco Executive M43 DS2

GaryWT

MA

View Profile

Posted: 11/16/11 08:06am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We like Bayview, it is nice, clean and easy to get to. It is just down the road from some go-carts etc. If you look at Maine, look in the Old Orchard Beach area, many camprounfs, restaurants and amusements (rides and water parks).

ME '63, DW 64, (DS 89 tents on his own, DD 92 not so much), DS 95
2013 Premier Bullet 31 BHPR

Mike& Rose

Lake & Horse country,Blackstone Valley MA

View Profile

Posted: 11/17/11 06:01pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We enjoy Bayleys in Scarboro Maine. Free Trolly to Pine Point Beach or Old Orchard for amusements. Sometimes they have trolly service to local water parks.
Not too many amusement on Cape Cod, but in Wareham, there is a water park. Look into Sandy Pond campground in Plymouth, near the Bourne bridge. We love Scusset Beach, but they do not have full hook ups. In Brewster, there is Sweet Water, full hook ups but no swimming. Lake is for fishing only.

See you on the road!

Hedgehog

Fairhaven, Massachusetts

View Profile

Posted: 11/20/11 04:58pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I like Bayview Campground also. Very well kept, 3 swimming pools, close to the canal. I camp there in a 41' motorhome with no problems. Amusements are only 10 minutes away over the bridge.

ct1964ups

St Thomas, V.I. & ,Conn

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/21/11 08:32am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

traydon wrote:

I was looking for advice for next summer's 2 week camping trip. We were thinking of heading to Cape Cod or Maine. I would like a place on or close to ocean,shoppping and maybe an amusement park. NEED A PLACE TO ACCOMADATE MY trailer. i have a 35' travel trailer so would need bigger sites anyt advice will help

We've camped for yrs and now our youngest and her family bought a RV...and she had gone with us for years,bring along 3 of her friends...so, she has favorites and ideas what she wants her 2 boys to see.So..
We go to the Cape for 4/5 says then to No conway,NH for 3 days and then to Old Orchard beach for 5 days.....I thought it would be a pain ,moving with these 2 little guys,but whar a blast we had for the last 2 yrs.....I find myself looking forward to "Our Annual Trip" now...Chuck

2012 American Tradition 43 ft..Tag..Silver Merlot.....2004 Jeep Cherokee Limited
Keep The Rubber On The Road
GO NOLES

noe-place

Somerset, Kentucky

View Profile

Posted: 11/23/11 01:26am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Just my 2 cents but we stayed at Minute Man CG about 20 miles north of Boston this past June and had a great time. It's a short hop to the Maine line and not all that far from the Cape. It's in a large forested area with dirt roads but my wife and I really enjoyed listening to the wind singing through the trees on the summer nights. Good luck.

foster hill

mass

View Profile

Posted: 11/24/11 07:00pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We stayed at Bayview a few times it was a nice place.

''Nothin better too do''

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions

> Campground near Cape Cod
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS