RV.Net Open Roads Forum: General RVing Issues: Coach-Net....Anything Better Out There...?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Coach-Net....Anything Better Out There...?

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
Techie

Pahrump, NV, USA

View Profile

Posted: 11/18/11 08:33am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We had Coach-Net for 8 years and now have GS. Purely a price/opportunity decision as I doubt we'll see much difference between the 2.

FWIW over the years we had 3 car related calls and 3 motorhome tows and while the service from the tow operators varied dramatically (they are after all indepenent from CN) CN was good in all cases.

2011 Airstream Classic Limited 34'
2011 GMC Sierra 2500HD Duramax/Allison SRW
Follow our adventures

Bluefreight

east coast

View Profile

Posted: 11/18/11 08:40am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We probably have had at least 9 calls to Coach-net. The only problem we had was trying to get them to send something smaller. One call we needed a repair truck with a CAT tech. Coach-net dispatched a 10 wheel 30 ft tow truck and towed us to a Cat dealer. Fix was 1/2 labor and $.20 washer.
Once they even sent a 40' flatbed.
The only call that took 4 hours was when the tow truck also had gelled fuel do to -30 temp.

grandma lynn

Idaho

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/18/11 10:30am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have read reviews for both coach-net and good sams emergency roadside service sounds like both have pros and cons. So my question is has anyone here tried the new service from passport america? If so how does it compare? We haven't traveled enough yet to need more than what our insurance provider has, but will and we want to be covered for any possibilty. Thanks

full-timer in training

tomkaren13

West Central Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/18/11 12:07pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

AAA is regional. Some areas they are good. Found one area where we lived they covered the vehicle and only that vehicle. Other areas they covered the driver and only the driver unless you payed for a family plan.

Also when we checked with them their coverage for RV's was limited(area).

Coachnet no such problems and their Tech (phone) service is superior.

* This post was edited 11/18/11 08:51pm by an administrator/moderator *

Dutch_12078

Great Sacandaga Lake, NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/18/11 12:20pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ok, so 3 providers out of the hundreds nationwide didn't work out for you. If that qualifies as "most" in your mind then so be it. Keep in mind those same providers likely also contract with several other ERS programs, so changing to a reseller like Good Sam, or going with AAA, etc., may result in the same service experience. I had GS when they were using Cross-Country as their ERS call center provider, and switched to Coach-Net when GS went with Road America's call center. GS is now using Allstate's call center, and I have no desire to switch back. My experiences with Coach-Net over the course of three tows in three different states have been near perfect, something I can not say for my experiences with Good Sam.

* This post was edited 11/18/11 08:53pm by an administrator/moderator *

Dutch
1995 Coachmen Catalina 322QBXL
F53 chassis, 460 V8, TST TPMS
Quadra Bigfoot EZE Levelers
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

ct1964ups

St Thomas, V.I. & ,Conn

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/18/11 03:00pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I wasn't talking about hundreds..you are...I was talking about 60% of the providers Coach-Net sent to take care of 100 % of MY problems...and the 60 % that Coach-Net sent to me and the way they follow-up, leaves a lot to be desired.....We'll see, the first time you get the service and damage we did,then tell me,that it isn't important...Chuck

* This post was edited 11/18/11 08:55pm by an administrator/moderator *

2012 American Tradition 43 ft..Tag..Silver Merlot.....2004 Jeep Cherokee Limited
Keep The Rubber On The Road
GO NOLES

Dutch_12078

Great Sacandaga Lake, NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/18/11 05:49pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well, it was you that claimed "...most of their providers fit into a class of less than dependable...", but I'll not dwell on it. If you're not happy with Coach-Net, then by all means switch to another service. Just don't expect to find one any better, just different. The likelihood is that the same service folks will roll up in the same trucks. Coach-Net just pays them better...

* This post was edited 11/18/11 08:55pm by an administrator/moderator *

JJBIRISH

Butler, PA, USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/18/11 07:14pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I had GS and good service but based on recommendations I got here I switched to CN, and am now happily back with GS…

GS has gone the distance and the extra mile…
CN refused a call on their tech line once and refused service all together another time…

One reason I glad to be back is GS offers better coverage’s in their contract than CN…

That said they don’t really have much control on who ends up operating the tow truck sent…

Love my mass produced, entry level, built by Lazy American Workers, Hornet

wd

SoCal

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/18/11 08:31pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I've used Coachnet 3 times and had GREAT results.

wny_pat

Western NYS

View Profile

Posted: 11/18/11 10:12pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I had CW's ers (GS sister company) and the last time I called them they left me hanging just just outside Columbus, Ohio. I had to hoof it to a parts store a mile away, make a temporary fix to get back on the road and get to a truck stop where I was able to fine a road service truck to fix me up. I switched to CoachNet and have been very happy with them. Excellent outfit. They have gone out of their way for me!

But yes, there is suppose to be something better. Don't remember their name, but they cater to the Horse Tranport people. Suppose to be very good, but very expensive.

“All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware.”

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Coach-Net....Anything Better Out There...?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS