|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes

> No power to outlets in Motorhome

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
YC 1

Yuba City Calif./ Auburndale Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/20/11 11:25am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good answers looking for the GFCI. It looks like an ordinary outlet but has some small buttons. Look in your bathroom at home and those outlets usually have gfci's.

Good introduction to rv systems

The preceding link will take you to some excellent information on the electrical systems. I can tell you don't have a full grasp of it because you are looking for "fuses" under the dash. Ordinary fuses won't be involved in the 110 volt side of the rv.

Most of your lights are 12 volts. If you have a microwave it is always a great indicator if you at least have shoreline power. "power at the post or outlet the rv is plugged into".

Since your AC is running then the shoreline cord is doing its job.

H/R Endeavor 2008
2013 Ford Edge toad
Full Timers

lanerd

Ridgecrest CA or Newport OR

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/20/11 11:27am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Since the outlets are 120vac, you won't have any fuses that control these circuits...only breakers.

You should have two GFI outlets..one in the bathroom and the other near the kitchen sink. Make sure both are reset.

Do you have an inverter? If you do, it may have a couple of push button type of breakers on it and one or both of them may be tripped.

Hope this helps

Ron

Ron & Sandie
2013 Tiffin Phaeton 42LH Cummins ILS 400hp
Toad: 2011 GMC Terrain SLT2
Tow Bar: Sterling AT
Toad Brakes: Unified by U.S. Gear
TPMS: Pressure Pro
Member of: GS, FMCA, Allegro

RETIRED!! How sweet it is....

freeriderVisa1

Santa Cruz

View Profile

Posted: 11/20/11 02:26pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cheaked GFI in the bathroom it was bad, went to Orchard pu a new one installed it and it still wont reset, I will cheak under the sink for a new one,dont think the bathroom has power

Kiwi_too

OutterLimits

View Profile

Posted: 11/20/11 02:40pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Have you tested the incoming power with a voltmeter? What is your shore power/gen source? Might be a neutral problem farther up stream?

tomkaren13

West Central Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/20/11 03:39pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

freeriderVisa1 wrote:

I cheaked all the breakers on the generator, there good both ACs run just no power to the outlets, even started the MH , sorry guys new to the MH thing, wish I had a owners manual. Cheaked fuses under the steering wheel,could there be a fuse not installed?

Owners manual don't tell much. Could be another breaker you don't know about. On our C there was another one in a storage area.

PJG061073

SD/Anywhere/Full-Timers

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/20/11 11:51am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hi..late to the post..But also check your inverter(maybe in basement) for a fuse that might have popped out..

Magnum Inverter ME2012 - Look at Breakers/Fuses

Have a wonderful day..
Regards,
M&P ..
ANNIE - 2008 Safari Cheetah-40 SKQ- 08 Jeep Liberty Toad
CAT 7 350- C-7, Serial # WAX65944
ReadyBrake Surge Brake System integrated w/ReadyBrute Elite RV Tow Bar-BLUE OX Plate
FMCA-F414825
Still in WPP..

lanerd

Ridgecrest CA or Newport OR

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/20/11 04:10pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You didn't say if you looked... but I'll mention it again. Check the circuit breakers on your inverter.

PJ... those are breakers...not fuses!

A fuse is non-resettable... it works by too much current melting the conductor connecting the two probes. The conductor is sized for the amount of current going through it.

Ron

golfingflyfisherman

Aurora, CO

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/20/11 05:04pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Guys,

I may be off base here, but I believe on a 87 Southwind, all AC power goes through the transfer switch then the converter than to the AC main panel. Since it appears the air conditioners are working, I would think converter is bad or tripped breaker on the AC panel. He said he checked the fuses. Does that mean he also checked the breakers? I would also say no to the inverter just because usually that year only powered AC outlets for the TV.

freeriderVisa1

Santa Cruz

View Profile

Posted: 11/20/11 05:36pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks to everyone for the info,dont mean to sound like a idiot but on our WW toy hauler all this electrical stuff was in one place and easy to deal with, yes im new to the MH, yes all the breakers are good on the inverter and and I cheaked under the hood, were heading to the desert for the weekend, my uncle is a wizard at electrical and will be taking a look at it when we get there, proubly will be something simple,always is ! Thanks again !!

gfs1943

Whitney, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 11/20/11 03:59pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

How did you check the GFCI in the bathroom to determine that it is bad? Is it because it won't reset? If so, the GFCI may not be bad, but there may be something downstream that tripped the breaker in the first place. If you haven't already done so, unplug everything from every receptacle in the coach, then try resetting.

gfs1943
USAF, Retired (1962 - 1983)
'00 Itasca Horizon 36LD
Cat Diesel Power
2006 Honda CR-V

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes

> No power to outlets in Motorhome
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes