|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> EdenPURE and Broan 6201 heaters

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
beemerphile1

I'm 58, I'm not a

View Profile

Posted: 11/22/11 07:29am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Like stated, 1,500 watts is 5,100 BTU no matter how you market your heater.

But, in case you are unaware; Eden Pure manufacturing (Suarez Manufacturing Industries) has been brought back from China and production is now in Ohio. They have taken over part of the old Hoover vacuum cleaner plant in Canton, Ohio. So at least if you buy Eden Pure you are buying a product built by American workers, paying taxes, and living in the USA!

A poor man seeks riches, a rich man seeks power, but a wise man seeks contentment.

2006 Weekend Warrior FK1900/1998 Ford E150 4.6L = 8MPG
2009 Aliner Sport/2009 Pontiac Vibe 1.8L = 22MPG

larryn

mpls. mn

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/22/11 07:39am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The only thing a more expensive heater may provide is quieter operation.A quiet heater can be had for a fraction of the price of a eden pure.I have a bionaire from Lowes/costco 45/50 dollars,quiet an works very well.

M GO BLUE

Southgate, MI

View Profile

Posted: 11/22/11 08:54am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dog Trainer wrote:

dancoppins wrote:

EdenPure works great in 36 foot fifth wheel. Call and buy a reconditioned or scratched unit for under $200.00................Better than paying $500 for one.

Or you can go to Sams and buy a Twin star in a nice cabinet no scratches for $139.00 I got one returned to Sams for 100.00

...or you can go to any local store and buy one for $30 or less that does the same exact job as the $100+ models

2005 Chevy Silverado 3500 dually CC/LB Duramax/Allison
2008 Jayco Designer 35RLTS fifth wheel
Onan 5500W Marquis Gold gas generator (HGJAB - 1038D)

ChopperBill

Colo

View Profile

Posted: 11/22/11 09:56am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have a Broan and another one that I caint remember the name. Both 1500w The Broan seems to put out more heat because it has a smaller outlet with a faster fan. Put it on the kitchen counter and it warms up the bedroom pretty good. It was a little noisy when I first bought it but I put 4 strips of high density weather strip under it and now its as quite as the other. Why any one would pay $100 + for a 1500w heater is beyond me. I only paid around $40 for the Broan, great investment.

"08" 29.5 FKTG LS

angelgardner

indiana

View Profile

Posted: 11/22/11 11:51am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We use a Eden pure in our 34ft TT and love it. I did find that we place it in the middle and only set in on 3rd setting or it gets very warm. We either crack a cpl of vents, very little, or the window closest to unit so we don't get any condensation on inside of trailer. Good luck with your journey.

jdiffend

Denver, CO

View Profile

Posted: 11/22/11 01:27pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My dad bought an EdenPURE. We both came to the conclusion it's nice but a waste of money.
I'd go with a ceramic cube heater.
A version with an electronic thermostat would be nice just because it's difficult to set the temp on the cube heaters I've used, but it isn't a must by any means.
You can buy them for as little as $15 on sale:
Link

Handbasket

Asheville, NC

View Profile

Posted: 11/22/11 04:19pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

For peace and quiet, or at least lack of irritating starts and stops, I prefer a little 1500W $30 one I bought at WM several years back. It has a pretty quiet fan that does _not_ cycle on and off with the element. So it's quietly humming all the time, which I find less irritating than one where the fan comes on only with the heat.

And yes, take it from an old thermodynamics teacher, 1500W of electric resistance heat is indeed 1500W or 5100 Btu/hr, no matter what the cost or how it's packaged.

Jim, "Unapologetic flatulator."

'06 Tiger CX 'C Minus' on a Silverado 2500HD 4x4, 8.1 & Allison (aka 'Loafer's Glory') www.tigervehicles.com

MarkieBob

Burlington, WA

View Profile

Posted: 11/22/11 10:13pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I bought a very small Sunbeam heater from walmart last year and love it! I think it was around $15. The main thing I look for when trying out a heater is a good fan that pushes the hot air out and onto my body the best!

2011 Holiday Rambler Vacationer Class A
2004 Suzuki Grand Vitara toad.
1994 Weekender 9.5' truck camper
2006 Ford F350 PSD 6.0 4x4
1990 18' Seaswirl boat

CampersX4

Oceanside, Ca

View Profile

Posted: 11/22/11 11:40pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have an Eden Pure for my home. Worked great for 3 years now it only gets hot for about 10 minutes then blows cold air.

Harveyj

Boise, Idaho

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/23/11 08:10am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have used this Delonghi heater for 5 years and it works great in our Minnie. It occilates, has a remote, small, and is safe...and the price is right.

http://www.sylvane.com/delonghi-dch5090er-heater.html

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> EdenPURE and Broan 6201 heaters
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS