RV.Net Open Roads Forum: General RVing Issues: What ever happned to RVTV?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> What ever happned to RVTV?

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
jiveturkey692000

NE PA

View Profile

Posted: 02/26/12 10:41am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I miss the show to. There were 2 that I watched. Stews and another one that was mentioned. Outdoor channel, DIY network and Travel channel should be all over these shows in my opinion. Especially the Travel Channel!!!! Thats a no brainer. But the viewers dont matter I guess. Good luck Stew.

Dan
96 Fleetwood Mallard, 30'
05 Ford F250 Super Duty 4X4 6.0 Powerstroke, CC, Lariat 8ft Bed "Redneck Cadillac"
82 Dodge Ram W350 4X4 Clubcab. 216,000 miles

mudmaker

Iowa

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/26/12 11:17am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

There hasn't been a whole lot of "travel" on the Travel channel for a long time. Most time slots are taken up with feeding someone's face or freeloading with a camera crew. Several are trying to see what kind of truly gross foods someone can stuff down their throats.

Glen and Loretta
Marc, Jake, and Kirsten
Heartland Big Country 3251TS
2013 GMC Terrain
15 Silverado 3500 SRW quad 6.6 Duramax
08 Silverado 3500 DRW quad 6.6 Duramax
Yamaha 2000is x2

Livin Good

On The Road

View Profile

Posted: 02/27/12 08:09am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks Stew. What is certain to me from your years doing the show, and from all your years in TV, there is a HUGE audience for quality RVing programming on TV. Why it isn't serviced in any regular way is perplexing. Also, the RVing community spends $$$$$ on their passion. It's the perfect combination for a TV demo ... a large and loyal audience, and folks who have $$$$. It also happens to be a crowd that spends wisely! Thank you again for the comments above.

Fuzion 322

Norco, Louisiana

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/27/12 12:37pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

X2, Wish you were here... Great Show....

2012 Ford F-350 Lariat Crew Cab 6.7 psd. 4x4 Dually
2010 Fuzion 322
Geaux Tigers and Saints

Livin Good

On The Road

View Profile

Posted: 02/27/12 05:01pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hi stew! I happened to see this thread and thought I'd check in and to get an update. Thanks for your kind words above ... yes, I had a great time watching RVtoday. You and Boze covered a lot of territory in those years, and you had a great audience ! I understand that you are now "Professor Stew", teaching broadcast journalism in LA at Biola University. And it just so happens that understand that you uploaded another YouTube RV video today ... RVing in Nashville. I can hear Boze sing at the Ryman Auditorium in this one. So, Stew, If you would just lose the infomercial atmosphere, then you might have a chance to put your pot of gold back on the air.

* This post was edited 03/02/12 06:50pm by Livin Good *

Stewster

Ventura

View Profile

Posted: 03/01/12 10:36pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks for the comments above! We had such a wonderful audience during the run of the show. I just uploaded another one ... RVing in Vegas.

Thanks again ... Stew.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_gl6kufYhg&feature=g-upl&context=G2bebef3AUAAAAAAAAAA

wbwood

Lake Norman, NC area

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/02/12 07:34am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

There's another show (not as good as Stews) that is on from RVNN.TV . It has some neat features and there are some other spinoff shows rom it. It looks like it gets a new show 2 or 3 times a week. If they could work on their technical skills and editing, then it would make for a better show. WE watch it on Roku, but believe you an access it from their website.

Brian
2013 Thor Chateau 31L
ACME Tow Dolly
2007 Toyota Yaris (Toad)

barbandwayne

Eastern Arkansas

View Profile

Posted: 03/02/12 10:47am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

RGar974417 wrote:

My favorite RV show was called"Wish You Were Here" which was on the Nashville Network back in the 80's. Great show. There have to be millions of RVers that would watch a show like that,especially since there is so much other junk on TV.

I still miss the Nashville Network. Loved the variety show I think was called Nashville Now with Ralph Emery as host. He had some really good entertainers stopping by.

Your Old Dog

Western New York

View Profile

Posted: 03/02/12 04:42pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have pretty much given up on them. They seem to only show the most expensive they can find because that's what the young reporters are most fascinated by. Rigs that many of us can afford never see the light of day on these programs. I'm tired of looking at multimillion dollar units.

Unless tomorrow has been promised to you, you better get busy today.

JC2

USA

View Profile

Posted: 03/02/12 07:29pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

That seems to be the norm for a lot of the yrly rv shows so we've pretty much stopped going to them.

2004 Newmar DSDP 4015,Cummins ISL 370hp,Spartan MM Chassis,2008 Saturn Vue FWD Towed,FMCA #402879,SKP#120487

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> What ever happned to RVTV?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS