RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Class A Motorhomes: Radio Replacement in Ford F-53 Dash

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes

> Radio Replacement in Ford F-53 Dash

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
DFord

Near St Louis, MO

View Profile

Posted: 12/13/11 10:45pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Pirate, I didn't intend to be snotty about anything.

I was simply stating the facts. Why would I ask for help if all I had to do was lift some sort of lid? Do you think I'm lacking in common sense? Using your guideline, I should be the one insulted. I didn't take your reply as legitimate at all and wondered why you would ask me such a question.

I'm happy for all those that enjoy that sort of access to there dash. Truck dashboards should be easily serviceable but my motorhome looks like all the others I've seen while looking at the display units in RV shows and there is no access to the rear of the panel without using some sort of a cutting tool to open one up - something I was trying to avoid even though it would be convenient afterwards and I wish it had come that way.

Don Ford
2001 MHC Residency 3790 - 2000 Ford F53 Chassis w/Tag Axle
'09 HHR 2LT Towed
ReadyBrake Inertia Brake System - BlueOx Aventa II Towbar & BX1648 Baseplate

Hank MI

Brighton, Michigan

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/14/11 07:02am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

DFord wrote:

Pirate, I didn't intend to be snotty about anything.

I was simply stating the facts. Why would I ask for help if all I had to do was lift some sort of lid? Do you think I'm lacking in common sense? Using your guideline, I should be the one insulted. I didn't take your reply as legitimate at all and wondered why you would ask me such a question...

I for one think his question is legit and not insulting at all. How many cars or trucks have you owned that have a flip up dash for easy access? I'm sure there are a lot of people that don't know the dash lifts up on their MH since it's not obvious at all. On ours the whole dash, gauges, radio, heater controls lifts up. Good for you that you checked and found yours doesn't.

DFord

Near St Louis, MO

View Profile

Posted: 12/14/11 08:31am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Think about it - if it where that easy, why in the world would I have asked for help? I have never seen a modern F-53 where the dash "flipped open". I didn't expect to be treated like an idiot for asking for help. I thought that's what this forum was for. I wasn't being any more snotty than Pirate was for suggesting I couldn't figure out how to flip open my dash. I found his response extremely insulting.

ryanallie1

Magalia, Calif

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/14/11 09:25am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hi All.

On our 1998 Rexhall Motorhome. It isn't to ovbious that our dash lifts up also. It does have three hinges on our dash. I had to really look around, as the two screws that hold the dash down tightly are not that easy to find or to see. It sure makes doing things on the dash much eaier. I agree, it was a valid question, and it did seem like you came off snoty. Even your next reply about it seemed snotty to me also. I also don't think anyone is treating you like an idiot. You would be surprized at how many RV owneres on this fourm haven't a clue as to what they are doing, or how to fix the most simplest of things. You need to really lighten up and take every thing with a grain of salt. As most who reply to questions really do have your best interests at heart. We get all levels of skills on this fourm. Having an atttitude isn't going to get you any where. Good Luck. Happy Travels. Dan & Jill

1998-33.5 Rexhall, Rexair SL. 460 EFI. F-53. 7.3 MPG. TST TPMS. HWH Levelers. 5.5G Gen. Convection/Microwave Water Purifier/Water Softner. 2 A/C's. Alarm Systems. Honda EU2000i's W/Kit. Steer-Safe. CR-V W/SMI System. FMCA #F414397 Nam-Vet, 66-67-68&70-71

jcthorne

Houston, TX

View Profile

Posted: 12/14/11 11:30am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

First, the F53 motorhome chassis does not have a dash. Nor a radio or even a place to put one. The motorhome coach builder supplies that. So let folks know what you have and you might get better help. Asking the question you did shows you really don't know much about the unit and hence the suggetion to lift the dash or access the rear of the raido via an access panel.

And for the record, my Damon, on and F53 chassis has a removable panel on the top rear of the dash for access to the radio and other items from the rear for service. As do almost all other Thor designed coaches of the last few years.

2008 Damon 3575 (38ft, forward kitchen)on Ford 22k chassis

Hank MI

Brighton, Michigan

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/14/11 07:08pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

DFord wrote:

Think about it - if it where that easy, why in the world would I have asked for help? I have never seen a modern F-53 where the dash "flipped open". I didn't expect to be treated like an idiot for asking for help. I thought that's what this forum was for. I wasn't being any more snotty than Pirate was for suggesting I couldn't figure out how to flip open my dash. I found his response extremely insulting.

What a piece of work you are.

Pirate

Appalachia

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/14/11 08:02pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My Winny dash was hinged, my Windsport dash is screwed down. They are all different, but I believe the thrust of the point is that most of the dashes can be easily removed.

vegasfoodguy

Reno Nv

View Profile

Posted: 12/14/11 10:22pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

DFord wrote:

To the rest of us it is obvious to use the radio removal tool, so don't assume anything. My dash has bolts on the side (underneath) that when removed allows the dash to lift up. Everybody is just trying to help. You are the one that asked us for help, we do not know your mechanical ability or education level, Bottom line, the radio has to be removed from the front.

Monaco Diplomat, Cummins, 38a
Toad Grand Cherokee, Brake Buddy.

pappaone

Colorado

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/14/11 07:50pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I had no idea that you could Flip open the dash, is this something that all dash boards have? If so how do you go about doing it?, I have a 2004 Sea Breeze.

Rich & Jennie(mate of 55 yrs 6/6/59)
1 spoiled cat
2004 Sea Breeze 1341
2004 Malibu

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes

> Radio Replacement in Ford F-53 Dash
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts