|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes

> Fleetwood Bounder

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
rvjer

Palmdale, CA.

View Profile

Posted: 12/15/11 11:37am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I started with a 1992 34'S model Bounder with a 454 and went to a 1999 35' D Model Bounder with a ford V10, now have a 2003 36' Bounder with a 8.1L Workhorse. I loved the 92, but after a couple of years got tired of the chassis problems on the Ford and fell in love with the 03 floor plan. Have had a few problems with the 03 but nothing major to speak of and still love the coach. It will probably be our last one since we are getting old enough to know we are getting closer to "hanging up the keys" in a few years.

Jerry
2003 35-E Bounder
2006 Saturn Vue FWD toad

BHG1347

Delano

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/15/11 12:23pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We purchased our 2009 Bounder 35H w/ ford V10 new with only 236 miles on it. It now has a little over 28,000 miles. The engine and drive train have been outstanding so far, no complaints other than MPG (6.5 avg). Have replaced rear camera and monitor twice, windshield wipers pretty much fell off three times (I tighten the nut at least once a week while traveling), icemaker hose has sprung a leak three times (have it plugged now and just buy ice), the attention to detail in the coach was really bad but DW and I have been fixing things as we go. Other then these minor irritants we love the coach and refuse to let it sit very long. Not fulltimers but close to it. Forgot to mention deadbolt....locked us in too, had it replaced but I think it was a bad key.

1fanman

Cabot AR

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/16/11 10:59am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have a 2005 Bounder 35E and just love it, we looked at several other ones before we decided on the 35E but couldn't find a floor plan that satisfied the DW when we looked at the 35E she just fell in love with it and we haven't had any major issues with the Workhorse chasis except for the brake recall and that was handled without any concerns.

Del & Carol, (Satina & Muffin) (Pugs)
05 Fleetwood Bounder 35E
Toad 2006 Saturn ION
Blue Ox Tow rig
Brake Buddy vantage
USAF (Retired)26 yrs
USAF Civil Servant (Retired)22yrs

philandterri

Westtown, NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/16/11 11:02am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We started with a 1994 Bounder 32?. Purchased it used in 1996. In 1998 we purchased a 1996 34J we still have it and would buy another Bounder.

mr300ce

Mojave Desert, Ca

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/19/11 11:44pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I just love mine. I live in it, and travel every chance I get.
Can't wait to full time in it in 3yrs, 3mo.

I have done a few repair things. New carpet with plenty of padding under it, too. I keep it maintained and ready to drive.

I will be removing the CRT TV and installing a 32" LCD. I just bought myself a Christmas present, and will be installing that new sound system with subwoofer. The new TV sound will run thru the radio system, too.

I will ad a 1000w inverter so I can watch TV while I dry-camp.

A few solar panels on the roof will be added too.

I own a 2002 3 bdrm 2 bath mobile home in a great park, but like living in my Bounder best. Mobile home is for sale now.

Fulltime livin' & lovin' it in '94 Bounder 32h.
Chevy 454ci Retire in 3yrs.

Hank MI

Brighton, Michigan

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/20/11 04:59pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bought our 94 31' Bounder fall of 2010. Thought we would see if we liked traveling in a MH. Used it for a short trip that fall, spent a month in it this past March in FL and several 1 week trips this year. Guess we decided we do like it. It's a nice, well built MH. I've done some maintenance on it but heck it's 17 years old. Wouldn't hesitate at all to look for another Bounder when we decide to upgrade.

w4phj

Vero Beach, FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/21/11 04:39am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I wouldn't have purchased my 2nd Bounder if I didn't like the first one !!!!!!

2005 Bounder 37U Cat C7 Engine
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
2002 Dodge Durango SLT Plus 4X4
Ham Radio Extra Class Volunteer Examiner
FAA A&P License

1969 Plymouth Road Runner

BlackBirdCD

Washington

View Profile

Posted: 02/23/12 11:49am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We bought our first RV last year - a 2003 Fleetwood Bounder 36D. Loved the floorplan, and looked at a lot of them until we found the best price/value.

There are a lot of little things that needed to be addressed and we've worked through most of them. Overall, this has been an excellent purchase and we love it.

Two things to look at - first, ANY Chevy Workhorse platform has a Bosche brake recall that needs to be addressed. Check it out online, you'll find plenty of information. Basically the calipers are faulty, allowing the pads to stick and overheat. We lost braking on ours after coming down a long hill (and yes I was properly down-shifting, making the Allison do most of the braking). This is dangerous, but any decent RV service center can get this repaired for free. We spent extra to swap out pads, which weren't covered.

Second, refrigerator recalls for NorCold are annoying but definitely worth keeping on top of. Even our upgraded unit failed (again, repaired for free by NorCold).

The Bounder isn't a high-end luxury RV, and we knew that going into it. It's perfect for our needs - comfortable with a great kitchen and layout. Can't wait to take it out more.

New road warrior
2003 Fleetwood Bounder 36D

Followin' the sun

Rolling Meadows, Il

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/23/12 12:44pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We just bought a 2011 Bounder Classic 36R. I drove it yesterday and couldn't believe the difference between our current Hurricane and the Bounder. Wow. Signing the paperwork Monday and taking delivery. Can't wait to hit the road and, seeing as we are retiring in October, living in it full-time! Not crazy about the kangaroo though.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes

> Fleetwood Bounder
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS