|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Snowbirds

Open Roads Forum  >  Snowbirds

> Where to go in Florida ??? Send us somewhere

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev
Sponsored By:
Sea Dog

Ontario Can.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/17/11 07:59pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Air conditioner?
Never use it.
Turn it on once or twice a season to keep it freed up.

Eight five is just right for me.
I usually take a jacket when going out.

I spent the first three quarter of my life beng cold,
have no intention of paying sno bird prices to do the same.

Life is short,Death is long,
Take a vacation.

thecampingman

Wilmington, OH, USA

View Profile

Posted: 12/18/11 06:20am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

fla-gypsy wrote:

thecampingman wrote:

fla-gypsy wrote:

JohnDoe wrote:

FLA-GYPSY You made my point, it gets COLD in north Florida in Jan and Feb, most snow birders want warmer then 30 deg at night, spending a bundle to get to warm weather I expect warm weather.

Those occasional 32* nights lead to 75*+ days. It doesn't get much better than that unless you just like that rat race down south.

I clicked on the link to your camping photos and was greeted with pop ups about "Virus Protection".

I had to throw my computer into forced shutdown to keep their******from being loaded to my computer, because everybody knows those places "infect" your computer so they can swoop in and "save" it for a fee.

You ought to take down the link to your photos.

I was going to say something about the rat race down here, so now I'll try to say it without sounding snippy.

There are lots of snowbirds in Ft Myers, for a very good reason, it's warm here. But the tourists are a minor segment of the population. And they all go to the same places.
At any given time of day half of them occupy SR 41, the other half is in Walmart. They go to Fort Myers Beach.
There are 5 other beaches. There are 3 freeways to take the congestion off of SR 41. If you go to Target it's so vacant you'll wonder if they're closing.
Avoiding the crowds is about as difficult as stepping out of the path of a moving bus.
Lee County has an amazing infrastructure to handle tourism. In the places I frequent the "crowds" are flocks of birds, alligators & manatees.

The link is to my Webshots page which is reputable site. Any ADS connected to it are the sole responsibility of Webshots. When I click it I get no such AD and I have no intention of taking it down. With nearly 500,000 views I believe it is safe.

Thanks for checking and your reply. We all have our little paranoias and mine is computer viruses. Our entire business is on this computer. We're considering a separate computer just for the business.

'03 GMC 4500 Topkick with Duramax/Allison
'04 36' McKenzie Medallion triple slide
Cabover kayak racks w/18' touring kayaks.
Bicycle carrier on the front with a street bike & a mountain bike
Snowbird W/Ohio camper dock

fla-gypsy

North Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/19/11 07:09pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

thecampingman wrote:

fla-gypsy wrote:

thecampingman wrote:

fla-gypsy wrote:

JohnDoe wrote:

FLA-GYPSY You made my point, it gets COLD in north Florida in Jan and Feb, most snow birders want warmer then 30 deg at night, spending a bundle to get to warm weather I expect warm weather.

Those occasional 32* nights lead to 75*+ days. It doesn't get much better than that unless you just like that rat race down south.

I clicked on the link to your camping photos and was greeted with pop ups about "Virus Protection".

I had to throw my computer into forced shutdown to keep their******from being loaded to my computer, because everybody knows those places "infect" your computer so they can swoop in and "save" it for a fee.

You ought to take down the link to your photos.

I was going to say something about the rat race down here, so now I'll try to say it without sounding snippy.

There are lots of snowbirds in Ft Myers, for a very good reason, it's warm here. But the tourists are a minor segment of the population. And they all go to the same places.
At any given time of day half of them occupy SR 41, the other half is in Walmart. They go to Fort Myers Beach.
There are 5 other beaches. There are 3 freeways to take the congestion off of SR 41. If you go to Target it's so vacant you'll wonder if they're closing.
Avoiding the crowds is about as difficult as stepping out of the path of a moving bus.
Lee County has an amazing infrastructure to handle tourism. In the places I frequent the "crowds" are flocks of birds, alligators & manatees.

The link is to my Webshots page which is reputable site. Any ADS connected to it are the sole responsibility of Webshots. When I click it I get no such AD and I have no intention of taking it down. With nearly 500,000 views I believe it is safe.

Thanks for checking and your reply. We all have our little paranoias and mine is computer viruses. Our entire business is on this computer. We're considering a separate computer just for the business.

Not a problem, I am sure it was a suspicious AD being run by the website. Anti virus programs do not like many ADS.

This member is not responsible for opinions that are inaccurate due to faulty information provided by the original poster. Use them at your own discretion.

09 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L/4.10(The Black Pearl)
06 Keystone Hornet 29 RLS/(The Cracker Cabana)

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Snowbirds

> Where to go in Florida ??? Send us somewhere
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Snowbirds

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS