|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes

> Norcold Fault Code LI oP

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
Linthead

Pennsylvania

View Profile

Posted: 12/18/11 06:01pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Just had the recall work done on our Norcold. Now I have the fault code LI oP? What does this mean and is it an easy fix? Are the two things related?

Linthead
2007 American Coach Tradition 42V
2008 Hummer H3

Old-Biscuit

Verde Valley

View Profile

Posted: 12/18/11 06:34pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

"L1" "oP" fault - - high temp. limit switch open - - -
May be resettable It is located on the lower right area of the unit, just above where the propane flame & electric element are and against the side of the boiler.

With the most recent Norcold recall installed, go out and remove the external cover from the rear of the frig and see if the red LED is lit on the new high temp controller (black box). if so you need a new one installed. this is a very common problem, especially with the earlier versions of these black boxes used in the latest recall program. Call them back to change it out.

Linthead

Pennsylvania

View Profile

Posted: 12/18/11 06:49pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks for your help Old Biscuit - the red light is on the black box. So you are saying it needs replaced? Is this the part they just put on in the recall? If so, it is interesting how we NEVER had a problem with the refrigerator UNTILL the recall work was done?????

dougrainer

Carrolton, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 12/18/11 06:37pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Go outside to the outside access door and look at the recall box on the lower coil. IS the red LED ON? if so the recall box has failed. Did the refer function after the recall was done? Doug

Old-Biscuit

Verde Valley

View Profile

Posted: 12/18/11 07:50pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Linthead wrote:

Thanks for your help Old Biscuit - the red light is on the black box. So you are saying it needs replaced? Is this the part they just put on in the recall? If so, it is interesting how we NEVER had a problem with the refrigerator UNTILL the recall work was done?????

Recall box has failed.....get them to replace and then test refrigerator.

The recall....although a pain right now......is to prevent a problem that you are glad you didn't have.......FIRE!!!
I hate recalls especially when the recall is junk but what you going to do.
I think that products use to be tested thoroughly prior to being released......now a days seems release the product and then we see how it works

rvrepairnut

bc

View Profile

Posted: 12/18/11 08:16pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Linthead wrote:

people should first know what their talking about.The latest recall is Vertion D which has been out for 10 months or better and I have not seen or heard of one failing.
What happens that I have seen is the Tech mixes up the 12v IN and the 12 V out wires when installing the recall sensor device which causes the red lite to lite up and fridge to flash op.

dougrainer

Carrolton, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 12/19/11 05:58am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Old-Biscuit wrote:

Linthead wrote:

Recall box has failed.....get them to replace and then test refrigerator.

The recall....although a pain right now......is to prevent a problem that you are glad you didn't have.......FIRE!!!
I hate recalls especially when the recall is junk but what you going to do.
I think that products use to be tested thoroughly prior to being released......now a days seems release the product and then we see how it works

The recall was to PREVENT overheating of the refer if you had blocked ventilation OR the cooling unit had leaked the ammonia. It is NOT a fire suppressant. You have to go to a Norcold Service center to have the recall box replaced. It will be under warranty. They will require that the Tech check out the refer before just replacing the box. The box could have tripped due to a cooling unit problem. Doug

dougrainer

Carrolton, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 12/19/11 03:28pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

rvrepairnut wrote:

Linthead wrote:

people should first know what their talking about.The latest recall is Vertion D which has been out for 10 months or better and I have not seen or heard of one failing.
What happens that I have seen is the Tech mixes up the 12v IN and the 12 V out wires when installing the recall sensor device which causes the red lite to lite up and fridge to flash op.

You must be slow in Canada. Rev E has been out since the first of the summer. 50% of my failures I have seen are tech caused--Incorrect wiring of the recall. Doug

rvrepairnut

bc

View Profile

Posted: 12/18/11 08:19pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Linthead wrote:

its not the fridge.Its either a failed sensor unit or most likely a incorrect wiring of the sensor recall installation

rvrepairnut

bc

View Profile

Posted: 12/19/11 11:11am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Linthead wrote:

Just had the recall work done on our Norcold. Now I have the fault code LI oP? What does this mean and is it an easy fix? Are the two things related?

DID? the Fridge ever work AFTER the recall for even a short while?
thats the 100$ question.I have seen where the Input and the output 12 volt wires are crossed when installing the Black box recall and it will give this code your getting.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes

> Norcold Fault Code LI oP
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS