|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Duro Tires on Carriage Cameo

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
Sponsored By:
FastEagle

Taylors, SC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/21/11 07:58pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

tomthyme wrote:

After much frustration dealing with Duro Tire and hearing from them (Kerry / Director of Sales and Marketing) that the E-rated tire on the 2011 Carriage Cameo is likely inadequate to handle the load of the rig, I find myself trying to figure out what to replace them with - in the next 48 hours before we go zipping down the road for Christmas. Duro has already replaced one tire, but I don't need another E rated tire, I need something more (which Duro has been no help with).

I've seen some posts on G rated tires from Goodyear, but I really need a recommendation. Can I just go get any ST235/80R16 that has a G rating? Or does anyone have other recommendations?

Gonna be a pricy change, but not compared to the risk.

Thanks so much!

tomthyme

What is your actual axle spacing?

FastEagle

Tire Blog

ExRocketScientist

Laurel, MD

View Profile

Posted: 12/22/11 05:52am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Lantley wrote:

. . . snip . . .
Instead they stick their head in the sand, and let each individual owner address the problem once they discover the issue........Meanwhile the blowouts and wheel well damage continues.

Actually, from what I've seen, they leave it up to the RV/Horse/Truck/Race Car/Tractor forums to help the individual owners address the problems. RV.net being one at the top of the list.

ERS

tomthyme

Flower Mound, TX

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/22/11 07:47am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Chris wrote:

Lets just face the facts, ST tires just do not cut it. Especially on larger 5th wheels. Get GY G614's or switch over to 17.5 rims and tires. Personally I would go the 17.5 route if I traveled alot. Chris

Thanks to all for your input. We're going to have the Goodyear G614's mounted today at Discount Tire. Given that this little pleasure is setting us back $1975+tax (actually a good deal for 5 tires) I wasn't in a position to buy new wheels as well. Plus, we had to move quickly for holiday travels.

After we learned the real truth about the tires we feel quite blessed that we haven't experienced anything other than inconvenience.

We still work a bunch so we only get out on the road periodically. I'm hoping the G614's will do the job.

I will likely work with the Carriage Owners Club in hopes of protecting unsuspecting owners.

My DW, on the other hand (professionally active in state and federal legislative matters for a Fortune 50 company) is considering a more potentially litigious route with NTSB, DOT, engineering licensing board that holds the license for the firm who approved the tire / rig pairing, etc. She's a little bit fired up over this.

We don't want to overreact, and won't sour the holidays over it, but we can put some effort into gaining a little ground for everyone.

Merry Christmas to you all!

tomthyme

ExRocketScientist

Laurel, MD

View Profile

Posted: 12/22/11 07:52am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good luck with NTSB and DOT. If nobody dies, nobody in Washington cares.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Duro Tires on Carriage Cameo
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS