|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes

> Why are some basement storage on slides

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
Sponsored By:
Executive

California/Arizona/South Dakota

View Profile

Posted: 12/26/11 01:12pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have the pass throughs with joey beds. They make electric and manual ones. Push a button and they automatically slide out. Push it again and they retract. Best of both worlds....again, it's a personal preference. I don't like the restrictions of compartments that are not deep enough. IMHO, they create wasted space.....YMMV.......Dennis

MY SENSE OF HUMOR IS THE MAIN REASON I'LL MOST LIKELY GO TO HELL !
Dennis and Debi Fifth Year Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

Smitty77

San Diego

View Profile

Posted: 12/26/11 03:20pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

As mentioned, no right or wrong, and opinions will vary.

We looked for a two driver side slide rig, as we did not want to have the slides on the passenger side. (Would have gone with a three slide, if the right coach popped up first, but it would have been with the third slide being in the bedroom.

I mentioned the slides, as this can make a difference in ease of usage with the pass thru's on joey sleds. I find it to be the best of both worlds.

1) On the driver side, getting in and our is an opportunity for exercise! I store our patio furniture, and items that I know as I'm making camp that I might want. So I pull those things out before opening the slide. If I do forget something, as Dennis mentioned, those sleds do bring things out to you pretty easy.

2) On the passenger side, the sleds bring everything out so you have great access.

I like the extra space and storage of the pass thru's, heated basements and warmer flooring. I will admit, that the units that have basements coming out with the slides, do provide easier access as a benefit. Also as mentioned, some coaches do have a restricting weight limit. And all of them, require a more substantial slide mechanism, to carry the extra weight.

They make different kinds, as different people want different storage options - so it works well...

Best,
Smitty

the silverback

SW Mich

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/27/11 09:35am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

on the slide out Much easier to get things in and out for a old guy like me. Easy on the back.

the silverback

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes

> Why are some basement storage on slides
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS