|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes

> Why are some basement storage on slides

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
Sponsored By:
Executive

California/Arizona/South Dakota

View Profile

Posted: 12/26/11 01:12pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have the pass throughs with joey beds. They make electric and manual ones. Push a button and they automatically slide out. Push it again and they retract. Best of both worlds....again, it's a personal preference. I don't like the restrictions of compartments that are not deep enough. IMHO, they create wasted space.....YMMV.......Dennis

LIVE THE LIFE YOU LOVE and YOU'LL LOVE THE LIFE YOU LIVE
Dennis and Debi Seventh Year Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

Smitty77

OnDRoad

View Profile

Posted: 12/26/11 03:20pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

As mentioned, no right or wrong, and opinions will vary.

We looked for a two driver side slide rig, as we did not want to have the slides on the passenger side. (Would have gone with a three slide, if the right coach popped up first, but it would have been with the third slide being in the bedroom.

I mentioned the slides, as this can make a difference in ease of usage with the pass thru's on joey sleds. I find it to be the best of both worlds.

1) On the driver side, getting in and our is an opportunity for exercise[emoticon]! I store our patio furniture, and items that I know as I'm making camp that I might want. So I pull those things out before opening the slide. If I do forget something, as Dennis mentioned, those sleds do bring things out to you pretty easy.

2) On the passenger side, the sleds bring everything out so you have great access.

I like the extra space and storage of the pass thru's, heated basements and warmer flooring. I will admit, that the units that have basements coming out with the slides, do provide easier access as a benefit. Also as mentioned, some coaches do have a restricting weight limit. And all of them, require a more substantial slide mechanism, to carry the extra weight.

They make different kinds, as different people want different storage options - so it works well...

Best,
Smitty

the silverback

SW Mich

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/27/11 09:35am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

on the slide out Much easier to get things in and out for a old guy like me. Easy on the back.

the silverback
Winnebago Adventurer
Workhorse W24
Ford Edge

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes

> Why are some basement storage on slides
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts