|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers

> Looking for a Kedron Travel Trailer

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next
Sponsored By:
MinnesotaDreaming

Rochester, Minnesota

View Profile

Posted: 12/29/11 05:25am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Looking for a Kedron Travel Trailer. Saw one of these deer hunting last month in Minnesota. A family who had moved here from Australia, brought their travel trailer (or caravan as they called it) with them. The most durable and quality made RV I have ever seen. Puts any Airstream to shame. Looked around for a dealer in the US, no luck so far. Any ideas other than import from Australia?

Fireballsocal

Rancho Cucamonga Ca.

View Profile

Posted: 12/29/11 09:53am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Check out "The gall boys" videos on youtube to really see how well they do offroad. I don't think we have anything like it here in the US, other than what has been imported from people like the ones you've met. We don't do that style of camping. The earthroamer motorhome would be the closest thing that I know of.

Road Phantom

pa

View Profile

Posted: 12/29/11 10:07am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Camplite comes very close. It's all made out of aluminum.

http://www.boatnrv.com/rockwood-ridgeland-hamburg-west-coxsackie-new-2012-camplite-13-vid81825971-t2605

Or google; campliterv
You can also find it on U tube.

* This post was edited 12/30/11 08:57am by Road Phantom *

RobertRyan

Australia

View Profile

Posted: 12/29/11 02:54pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Road Phantom wrote:

Camplite comes very close. It's all made out of aluminum.

http://www.boatnrv.com/rockwood-ridgeland-hamburg-west-coxsackie-new-2012-camplite-13-vid81825971-t2605

Or goodle; campliterv
You can also find it on U tube.

Not in the same League.

RobertRyan

Australia

View Profile

Posted: 12/29/11 03:09pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

MinnesotaDreaming wrote:

Looking for a Kedron Travel Trailer. Saw one of these deer hunting last month in Minnesota. A family who had moved here from Australia, brought their travel trailer (or caravan as they called it) with them. The most durable and quality made RV I have ever seen. Puts any Airstream to shame. Looked around for a dealer in the US, no luck so far. Any ideas other than import from Australia?

I talked to one of the Gall Brothers at the last Sydney Caravan and Motorhome show, about how their Caravans were recieved on RV Net.He said" I know you, I have seen your posts".then gave me a heap of their videos,other family members were in the same booth.They custom build their Caravans, so you will have to email them PLEASE tell others in the US about your experience. I think if they got a few more enquiries they might consider doing more in the US. Kedron are not the best built Travel Trailer in Australia, but in a group that make very good products.
Their Email address is sales@kedroncaravans.com
Their website URL link http://www.kedroncaravans.com/

RobertRyan

Australia

View Profile

Posted: 12/29/11 07:30pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

On the Kedron Website:
Quote:

# OVERSEAS ENQUIRY
Please note: With increasing 'You Tube' views of our Australian Adventures, we receive quite a few enquiries for possible export of the caravans. We do send DVD mail-orders overseas, though with regards to the caravans, would like to extend that very much appreciate the interest, but are only geared for local custom building for the Australian market to order bank, as to offer varying legalities of specifications for road, safety, gas and electrical systems to different countries is something we don't offer. Thanks again, and safe travels!

cool beans

virginia

View Profile

Posted: 12/29/11 10:13pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

holy cow what a camper! the suspension system under it is awesome!id love to see one up close.wonder what one costs US?

RobertRyan

Australia

View Profile

Posted: 12/29/11 11:34pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Coll Beans wrote:

holy cow what a camper! the suspension system under it is awesome!id love to see one up close.wonder what one costs US?

A fair bit, as they are custom built and pretty "ruggerized" by US standards.Think Airstream in cost. They are a class of Caravan here called "Off Road Caravans". Bit of a competition amongest the various makers as who has the toughest.

MinnesotaDreaming

Rochester, Minnesota

View Profile

Posted: 12/30/11 04:35am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cool Beans - I had a chance to see one real close and I was impressed. We have had 4 RV's (TT and 5th wheels). Spend much time in rugged country. This was the 1st camper that I think could stand up to the punishment.

Mr Ryan - I did contact them and asked for some info. Thanks

webcraft

Queensland

View Profile

Posted: 12/30/11 05:52am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have just sold my first Kedron. It was a cross country model. My next Kedron (currently being built) is an ATV2. This will have independant coil suspension and heavy duty chassis. I highly recommend these vans for rugged Australian off-road conditions.

I will happily pass on your comments to the Gall Boys when they return from their Xmas break on January 19.

I have a picture of my first rig on my personal website www.kedroncruisin.com and a few other pictures of Kedrons on my business website www.lets-getaway.com

Happy to pass on any questions you may have to the Gall Boys.

* This post was edited 12/30/11 05:59am by webcraft *

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers

> Looking for a Kedron Travel Trailer
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS