RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Technology Corner: Verizon - Charging $2 to Pay Online

RV Blog

  |  

RV Sales

  |  

Campgrounds

  |  

RV Parks

  |  

RV Club

  |  

RV Buyers Guide

  |  

Roadside Assistance

  |  

Extended Service Plan

  |  

RV Travel Assistance

  |  

RV Credit Card

  |  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Technology Corner

Open Roads Forum  >  Technology Corner

 > Verizon - Charging $2 to Pay Online

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
fisher60

Plant City, Florida

Senior Member

Joined: 03/23/2006

View Profile





Offline
Posted: 12/30/11 10:44am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I make "one time Payments" through my checking account. I wonder if they'll charge me the $2 for that transaction. I guess I'll find out next month.


'01 Dutchman Express 28A, Borg Chrome Dually Valve Stems, Pacific Dualies Wheel Simulators, '06 Tuscon, 2014 FLHTCUTG
Good Sam Life Member

2oldman

Coachella

Senior Member

Joined: 04/15/2001

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 12/30/11 10:54am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

fisher60 wrote:

I make "one time Payments" through my checking account. I wonder if they'll charge me the $2 for that transaction.
Not clear from the article whether they will. But it is clear it's cheaper for them ( and the customer) to set up auto-pay.

Why they don't charge for paper checks is puzzling to me. That's THE most expensive transaction.

usndd

Rio Rancho NM

Senior Member

Joined: 08/13/2006

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 12/30/11 02:03pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Verizon just announced they are canceling the fee


2012 Chevy Silverado, 2007 Hi Lo 19T


Us out West

Let's see...last night we stayed in......

Senior Member

Joined: 12/13/2011

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member


Posted: 12/30/11 02:58pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

usndd wrote:

Verizon just announced they are canceling the fee


Yup!!

The biggest U.S. wireless operator retracted its decision on Friday, just a day after it announced the fee, which was to have begun January 15.

Verizon said it was making the decision based on customer input. This was after consumers spoke out about the fee, with some threatening to leave the service as a result. The U.S. Federal Communications Commission said it was "concerned' about the fee and vowed to look into it.

"On behalf of American consumers, we're concerned about Verizon's actions and are looking into the matter," an official for the FCC said earlier on Friday.


Our Trip Journal

2012 Jayco Pinnacle (View)

36 KitchenPantryTripleSlide
MorRyde pin box and suspension, Curt Q24, Dual Pane windows, Auto Levelers, 2 AC's,and more.

2009 Silverado 3500HD 4X4 (View)
CC, Dura-Max 6.6/Allison,LB ,DRW,Amer. Tank 65 gal. Aux Fuel

96Bounder30E

America is my home!

Moderator

Joined: 11/21/2002

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 12/30/11 03:07pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I wish Netflix would have retracted their increase.............I would still be a customer!


Eric
96 Bounder 30E-F53(460)
stock Ford intake w/K&N air filter
used Thorley headers
new Banks resonator, muffler, tail pipe and 4" polished SS exhaust tip



2oldman

Coachella

Senior Member

Joined: 04/15/2001

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 12/30/11 03:51pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Maybe they should have just increased their fees by a couple bux. Woulda been less "in your face."

Terryallan

Foothills NC

Senior Member

Joined: 06/28/2004

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 12/30/11 04:36pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

2oldman wrote:

Maybe they should have just increased their fees by a couple bux. Woulda been less "in your face."


Then there is that contract thing again. I agreed to pay a certain amount for 2 years. They raise the price. The contract is broken. I'm gone. Pretty simple.


Terry & Shay
Coachman Apex 288BH.
04 F150, 5.4, Lariat SuperCab
Lazy Campers


2oldman

Coachella

Senior Member

Joined: 04/15/2001

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 12/30/11 05:00pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Terryallan wrote:

I agreed to pay a certain amount for 2 years. They raise the price. The contract is broken. I'm gone. Pretty simple.
Then maybe someone else's price.

My point is, since people go ballistic over fees which may not affect them at all, I'm sure the company could find less obvious ways to cover their costs. I find it hard to believe any of these companies raise fees just to see if the public will stand it. I know I'm glad it's not ME making these business decisions. It's tough out there.

LarryJM

NoVa

Senior Member

Joined: 11/09/2007

View Profile



Posted: 12/30/11 05:16pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Terryallan wrote:

2oldman wrote:

Maybe they should have just increased their fees by a couple bux. Woulda been less "in your face."


Then there is that contract thing again. I agreed to pay a certain amount for 2 years. They raise the price. The contract is broken. I'm gone. Pretty simple.


They didn't raise the price or terms of service which is what your "contract" covers, just the cost of the options available to you to pay for that contract cost.

Larry


2001 standard box 7.3L E-350 PSD Van with 4.10 rear and 2007 Holiday Rambler Aluma-Lite 8306S Been RV'ing since 1974.
RAINKAP INSTALL////ETERNABOND INSTALL


Luke Porter

National Director

Senior Member

Joined: 10/03/2000

View Profile



Posted: 12/30/11 06:38pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

LarryJM wrote:

Terryallan wrote:

2oldman wrote:

Maybe they should have just increased their fees by a couple bux. Woulda been less "in your face."


Then there is that contract thing again. I agreed to pay a certain amount for 2 years. They raise the price. The contract is broken. I'm gone. Pretty simple.


They didn't raise the price or terms of service which is what your "contract" covers, just the cost of the options available to you to pay for that contract cost.

Larry


OK Larry, lets say they charge a $100 fee for any type of payment????


Yep, actually drove to all of these places---in the last eight years. Missed Rhode Island and New Jersey.


.


This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Technology Corner

 > Verizon - Charging $2 to Pay Online
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Technology Corner


New posts No new posts
Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS