RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Travel Trailers: 2012 Keystone Bullet 230BHS Slide Override?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers

> 2012 Keystone Bullet 230BHS Slide Override?

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
wvmtb

West Virginia

View Profile

Posted: 08/10/12 06:05am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I removed the center piece of trim, it came off pretty easily. There were a few small brad nails holding it on. One of the wires was shorting out on the back of the motor. I wrapped it up good in electrical tape and zip-tied it to a place where it will not get close to any moving parts. Poor design IMO! Replace the center piece of trim with some industrial strength velcro. Hope this holds it on. If not I might try some strong magnets. I still don't understand how your suppose to get to this motor if the slide is in.
I called Keystone and the person I talked to told me "You don't have to remove anything to access the motor". I tried to explain that there is NO way a 12" flex shaft extension was going to reach the motor while the slide was in. Especially if you don't remove any trim. The response was "it will be tight but it can be done." I couldn't get them to understand there isn't enough room. I think they really need to look at what they built and modify their tech help book. Oh well, the point is I have it fixed and it should be a better fix than the way it came from the factory.

doxiluvr

Tucson-AZ

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/10/12 08:08am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Contact Keystone customer service and ask to speak to a tech. We have information in our trailer folder of all the manuals, guarantees, that came with the trailer. They come in handy sometime.

2006 Keystone Sprinter 300fkms
2007 Silverado 2500 Duramax Diesel 6.6 - Allison 1000 6 spd. auto. tran.
1 high school sweetheart hubby - 1 mini-dachshund/Chihuahua - Abby
4 grown kids, 6 grandkids, 1 great-grandchild
1 2007 Yamaha v-Star 1300

cacoon

Las Vegas, Nevada

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/11/12 07:49pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I don't have your model but I just purchased a 2012 Keystone Springdale 281 BHS. I have a couch dining table slide. On the outside looking under slide about middle is a bar with a hex nut. You use hand crank that you use for scissor jacks to manually crank it in or out.
Cacoon

wvmtb

West Virginia

View Profile

Posted: 08/10/12 08:32am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

When I called Keystone I went through the menu options to talk to a "Technical Assistant". The lady that I talked to is the one that told me that it can be accessed with out removing anything. But regardless of what she was looking at it is obvious that it can not be accessed without removing that center piece of wood trim. She put me on hold to "talk to a tech" but came back empty handed by repeating what she had previously told me.
It would be harder than hell and take some special technique of drill/flex shaft placement and by relocating it a few times you might be able to open it manually with just the center piece removed. Otherwise you would have to remove the complete piece of trim and If your small enough you might be able to reach in there far enough to manually over ride it. Or you might even have to have a small child do it for you.

I would still like to see a video of a Keystone tech (or anyone) manually overriding the slide in or out all the way.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers

> 2012 Keystone Bullet 230BHS Slide Override?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS