|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Generator Selection

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
TexasTiger220

Outside the Box

View Profile

Posted: 01/06/12 07:58pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

this is what I use. Light enough to throw in and out of the truck by myself.

2013 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD Crew Cab Z71 6.6L Duramax
2013 Keystone Hideout 29BHS w/ Outdoor Kitchen
Geaux Tigers!

Taplep

Lawrenceville, GA

View Profile

Posted: 01/06/12 08:32pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Will that (3000W) kick over a 15K AC?

2010 KZ Sportsman S272BH
2010 Toyota Tundra Double Cab

ng2951

Louisiana, USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/07/12 02:11pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

3KW should run a 15. I have only tested the dual Hondas and they do the job fine.

I use to have a Yamaha 2400 super quiet. I had some problems and that was when I switched to Hondas. 2400 will run a 13.5 BTU all day. It will run 13.5 from 10PM to 7AM on one tank of gas.

You can build an extended run tank. I was in the process of doing that when the Yammy & our trailer died. When we replaced the trailer it had a 15K BTU AC and the 2400 would not run it.

Foard County News & Sassy Schoolmarm
with Lady & Chloe
2012 Unleashed 27SBU
2014 12 days camping
2013 39 days camping
'07 GMC Sierra 2500HD Classic 4x4 LBZ Duramax Diesel
Honda 2000sThe Bayou Bounty Hunters Cowboy Club
The Single Action Shooting Society

jimbo98

Albuquerque NM

View Profile

Posted: 01/08/12 01:41am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have to vouch for the Yamaha 2400 iSHC. Runs 13.5 k ac fine on my jayco 19bh . Can't run the microwave while running A/C. Weights about 75 lbs so its an easy one person lift. 53 decibels at 1/4 load. Clean power for electronics. It also has a high current surge output just for 13.5k AC motors.

2010 Jayco Jay Flight 19BH
2004 Toyota Tundra DC V8 4x4
Yamaha EF2400iSCH generator
2007 Starcraft 13RT popup (sold)

CampinEarls

Tyndall, FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/08/12 06:19am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have a Boliy and I have no complaints at all with it. I didn't get remote start but did get electric start. Very much worth checking out.

2009 Chevy Z71 CrewCab
2010 Bullet Premier 31BHPR

rgolding

Southern Illinois

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/08/12 09:14am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

A couple of yearrs ago, I was looking at purchasing a Honda 3000. I was ready to make the purchase at Camping World, when a customer with more TT experience than me, asked why I was buying the 3000 instead of less money for two 2000's. After a little discussion, he had convinced me that the 2 Hondas would be a better deal because of cheaper, lighter and if not running the a/c only needed to run one. Besides if one did break, I'd only have to replace one. We've had the 2 Honda 2000's for two years now and have had great service. They run the air and are an emergency power supply for the house and when power is needed and I don't have a long extension cord. Never regretted the purchase and start them once a month to keep from winterizing them or having carburator trouble. Always use SeaFoam in the fuel. Ran them day before yesterday, ran great and started right up.

Smooth Sailing,
Ric and Jan

2005 ARCTIC FOX 30U "Life's Good!"
2009 Chevy 2500HD Diesel w/ Allison Transmission

Artemus Gordon

Redding California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/14/12 01:14am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Up date: Thanks everyone for your comments. I got my Yamaha 3000Iseb today. I had ordered it online and just found out it was back-ordered. I went to my local Yamaha Dealer two miles from my house this morning. They matched the Internet price ( I paid sales tax however) and provided great information and outstanding customer service. The dealer installed remote and optional hour meter. The even filled it up with gas and oil. I have to tell you, when they started it, I was shocked! My DW and I just looked at one another in disbelief. It was so quiet! I mean we were amazed even on full boost mode! Took it home plugged it into trailer and started the 15000 btu air. No problem even with fridge, TVs and lights. Taking it Dry Camping on Shasta Lake tomorrow! Note: sunny and 75 degrees here today... I am very excited and wish to thank all who gave me advice! Thanks..

bikendan

Napa, Cal.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/14/12 02:45pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

great choice and all your fellow campers thank you for choosing something that quiet.

Dan- Firefighter, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP), 2007 Chevrolet Avalanche LS, 2007 Rockwood Roo 23SS w/Equalizer and Prodigy, and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

ExRocketScientist

Laurel, MD

View Profile

Posted: 01/14/12 02:54pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

As mentioned, except for running the AC, usually you don't need more than 2000 watts. That is why a lot of people opt for a pair of smaller generators they can parallel. They normally only use one, but on those rare occasions where they just have to have the AC, they can use both. Also, if you develop a problem with one genny, you still have power until you can get the faulty one repaired.

ERS

ng2951

Louisiana, USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/16/12 08:11am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good selection on Yammy. Remote start is going to be nice. I do not know if you need an extended run tank on Yamaha or not.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Generator Selection
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS