|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
Lauren

Sahuarita, AZ (or on the road!)

View Profile

Posted: 01/07/12 08:38pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We love the OR Coast - been there several times. Donn means Winchester Bay RV Resort and I highly recommend it; stayed there four times as have we at Cannon Beach RV Park. Newport has a nice marina rv park as well.

Hwy 101 is great for any rv; just take your time in a few spots.

I don't post pix here but if you want some good shots of the Coast go to www.LaurenBarbara.com and click on the Wanderings link on the left. Then to OR, etc.

PM or email me if you want.

DW of 51 great years, Barbara
2nd Best Friend-"Aussie" Terrier, Sadie
2006 Mobile Suites 32TK3
2006.5 Chev 3500 3LT XCab 4x4 Dmax Allie

www.LaurenBarbara.com

www.LaurensPix.com

mockturtle

WA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/07/12 09:07pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The state parks are great but you might need to make reservations for summer. I was there in late September last year, got to each park by no later than 1:00PM and barely got in. In one instance I got the last available site and it was no-hookup.

2015 Tiger Bengal TX
Chevy 3500HD, V8

romore

Canada

View Profile

Posted: 01/07/12 09:40pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We traveled it during the same period in 2010 and had no problems finding cg sites without reservations. Once school gets out that could change.
DW had seen the coast before but I hadn't. Was not really prepared for the wild beauty, I can't wait to go back. Beverly Beach sp was wonderful, the sites are heavily shaded which may put some off though. The beach is spectacular, our travelin' dawg ran off a lot of excess energy but found the water a little cold for her taste.

mockturtle

WA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/08/12 10:05am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

mockturtle wrote:

The state parks are great but you might need to make reservations for summer. I was there in late September last year, got to each park by no later than 1:00PM and barely got in. In one instance I got the last available site and it was no-hookup.

To respond to my own post, I think September has become the new 'summer' on the Oregon coast, partly because a lot of people see it as less crowded and the weather is usually better than June or even July.

greenrvgreen

open road

View Profile

Posted: 01/08/12 11:03am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good info, Mock T, although it's disheartening to hear that. Autumn is usually the best weather for the upper coast (dead of winter is best for Cali). Guess I'll have to start making reservations when I travel (just kidding, I never do that).

AS regards the magnificent OR coast, my favorite is the central area. Florence, Reedsport, Newport, Winchester Bay. Active tourism, but not too hectic.

donn0128

Pronounced Ore-gun

View Profile

Posted: 01/08/12 12:26pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

mockturtle wrote:

mockturtle wrote:

To respond to my own post, I think September has become the new 'summer' on the Oregon coast, partly because a lot of people see it as less crowded and the weather is usually better than June or even July.

That is because there are so many of you folks wanting to come visit and think that once school is back in session the crowds will be less.
Does not happen any more. Want less crowds? Then come in October through April That is the only season that you will find less people. Except for weekends of course. The farther away from the big cities of the valley you can get the less people you will see.

Don,Lorri,Max (The Rescue Flat Coat Retriever?)
The Other Dallas

bikendan

Napa, Cal.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/08/12 12:37pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

agesilaus wrote:

We'll be pulling a 35 Ft FW which I haven't bought yet.

sorry, i gotta ask, you'll also be buying a new tow vehicle also, i hope. your sig shows a 1/2 ton Ford.

to answer your question, we love the SW Oregon coast. Brookings is our favorite and Harris Beach SP is one of the best state campgrounds we've ever been to.
the weather there is outstanding for the Northwest.

Dan- Firefighter, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP), 2007 Chevrolet Avalanche LS, 2007 Rockwood Roo 23SS w/Equalizer and Prodigy, and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

lots2seeinmyrv

Cumberland, MD

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/08/12 02:40pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You can take 138 out of Crater Lake over to Roseburg, nice drive along some river stretches. Then take 5 North to 138 at Sutherlin (top off the gas tank if needed). From 138 take 38 at Elkton over to the coast to Reedsport, nice beautiful easy drive the whole way, no major curves or mountains. You will see an Elk Viewing area before you get to Reedsport and plenty of parking.

You can either camp just south of Reedsport at Winchester Bay as mentioned. Or head North to Florence about 45 min to 1 hour from Reedsport.

In Florence there is Jessie Honeyman State Park if you like State parks. There is also Pacific Pines RV Resort if you like concrete pads, full hook-ups, laundry facilities, etc...nice place, gated.

In Florence if you need to stock up on supplies there is a nice Fred Meyer Grocery Store at the north end of town, just past Pacific Pines RV Park. It's like a nice mini Wal-Mart that has just about everything but better!

When you go over the bridge in Florence there is a nice Old Town on the Siuslaw River with shops and restaurants.

Have fun!

2010 Tundra TRD 4x4 Dbl Cab 5.7L V8 4.30 Max Tow 10,300 Payload 1,640 Class IV Hitch 1,030
Prodigy P2 - Blue Ox Sway Pro 10K/1K lbs
2012 Evergreen Ever-lite 29FK

pdq_bc

where ever we are currently parked

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/08/12 04:03pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

hi as you can tell - people love the coast - and everyone has their fav
we got there four times this year
all place are our favs for us
we often do not make reservations - and (touch wood) have not had a problem
HAVE FUN!
regards, pdq

we're here... http://map.datastormusers.com/user1.cfm?user=12260

aclay

WA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/11/12 01:58pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

How is the weather in Cannon Beach in April? We're heading there with the family. Booked reservations at the Cannon Beach RV park, looks like people like that spot? Spending a week there and going to have a look around.

How is 101 on the WA side from Olympia down to OR?

2012 Chevrolet 3500 Duramax CC SRW 4x4, 2013 Sprinter 311BHS, DW, 3 boys, & 2 dogs...
Campingourway Blog

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS