|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Beginning RVing

Open Roads Forum  >  Beginning RVing

> Gas Prices

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
wa8yxm

Wherever I happen to park

View Profile

Posted: 01/10/12 11:37am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

There are many.. Gas Price Watch (www. and .com delete spaces) Gassbuddy.com (Again add www) AAA (add www and com) to name but 3.

I usually use Gas Buddy. Gas Buddy works by folks like you and me reporting what we see as we drive around. -

Home is where I park it.
Kenwood TS-2000 housed in a 2005 Damon Intruder 377

mlts22

Austin, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 01/10/12 12:27pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yet another plug for Gas Buddy here. Great app.

NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/10/12 10:36pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You can use Gas Buddy from any browser on your computer or by Smartphone browser or special app. You just put in a zipcode or location and you get all of the most recent gas prices updated by users of the gas buddy site. The one thing to be aware of is that prices on the site may not show if it is low because it is a cash only price - some do, but not all and you can pay ten or more cents a gallon by credit card and not know that until you get to the station.

Roadtrek 190 Popular 2011

Meryl and Me Hit the Road

cathanas

Kingsland, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 01/11/12 03:51pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

WHY, because we live in a free market. Gas station costs (what is costs to keep the doors open) vary from location to location. Property taxes, property values, insurance, labor rates, rent, utilities, etc., all vary from city to city, state to state. Gasoline delivery costs more the further the station is from the tank farm. Even within the same city, insurance, labor costs and property values vary between areas. If you have ever shopped in a really poor, economically depressed section of town and notice the prices are higher, it isn't that the business owner is ripping off the poor people, it is because the cost of doing business in a poor section of town can be more than an upscale section of town. The extra costs for insurance, security, and loss from theft and shoplifting are passed along to the customer in the form of higher prices. Finally, DO NOT wish for price fixing on gasoline (in the form of price caps) as price fixing ALWAYS leads to shortages. That economic truth works for any product.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Beginning RVing

> Gas Prices
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Beginning RVing

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS