|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers

> Oven won't stay lit

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
TexasATM

Ft. Worth

View Profile

Posted: 01/10/12 11:46am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have a 2011 Jayco 32BHDS. It has what I assume is a pretty standard RV stove/oven.

This past weekend, we had a casserole to cook, so the wife went in and lit the oven and put the food in. Checked it a few minutes later, and it was out. Lit it again and walked away. Few minutes later, out again. We did this five or six times before moving our food to our friends trailer. Their oven was the same, but worked great.

The pilot light lit fine every time, and then the oven itself would come on when we turned the knob; after a few minutes though, it was out. The last time I tried, every time I turned the oven on, it would blow out the pilot light.

Any ideas? FYI, the stove worked just fine, as did the fridge when running on gas.

2011 Jayco 32BHDS

Ex-Tech

West

View Profile

Posted: 01/10/12 01:31pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Either the primary pilot light isn't keeping the thermocouple hot, the thermocouple is defective, the secondary pilot isn't heating the sensor for the gas safety valve or the thermostat that controls the pilot circuits or the safety valve is defctive.

Yardvarkers

NC

View Profile

Posted: 01/10/12 03:02pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Being a 2011 Jayco 32BHDS it should still be under warranty. I'd take it back to the dealer you bought it from.

"Any good that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now. Let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again."
- William Penn

railrode1

Charleston, S.C.

View Profile

Posted: 01/10/12 05:54pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Listen while your oven is pre-heating. Does the pilot make a slight popping sound after the burner has been on a while? This is what my oven did. The pilot would light like normal and the oven burner would light. When the oven reached the desired temp, it would cycle off, but... the pilot has also went out. So expecting a preheated oven ended up being cold. It took me awhile to figure this out and here's what i did. At the base of the pilot tube, there's a opening where the air and gas mix before it gets to where the pilot flame is. I took some tin foil and folded it to make it thicker. thick as a dime and about 1/4 wide strip. Wrap this around the hole where the air and gas mix but don't cover the hole completely. Try half of the opening first. Somehow the convection of the main burner was affecting the air mixture to the pilot.

2009 Sandpiper 345QB 39'
2011 F-250 Lariat CC 4X4 6.7 Diesel

Cedarhill

Deep South

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/10/12 06:26pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My 2011 Flagstaff stove had exactly the same problem. The dealership fixed it under warranty, but they did have to order a part from the stove manufacturer. I wonder if Suburban got a batch of defective parts.

Camp Nova Scotia

Nova Scotia

View Profile

Posted: 01/11/12 09:54am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Our 2011 passport had the same problem . A part needed replacing.

2011 Passport 250bh towed by 2009 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab TRD

Mrmule79

Lee Center N.Y.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/12/12 08:27am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My Atwood/Wedgewood oven had a bad pilot assy. The orifice was drilled out to large from the factory. which caused the oven/pilot to not stay lit. Called Atwood, They knew of the problem,And sent the new part. No problem!!! Now works great..

L_R_G

Puyallup, WA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/12/12 11:19am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I had the same problem on my 2009 Milan TT. Took 3 trips to the dealership before they replaced the pilot assembly under warranty. I feel your frustration, it caused a problem with 2 meals before they finally got it fixed. It's been working great since the fix.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers

> Oven won't stay lit
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS