|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Jake brake not working on 5.9 07 Dodge

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
Sponsored By:
Perrysburg Dodgeboy

Perrysburg, Ohio USA

View Profile

Posted: 01/23/12 05:03pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You are still under the engine warranty correct? If you are then it should be covered with the engine warranty. Look in your warranty booklet to see if you are still with in that coverage.

If so have them replace it, if not go to a Cummins dealer and pick one up and replace it yourself. If you are going to do it yourself ask the service manager if the needs to be primed or bleed.

Don

On Sunday Jan. 26,2014 Toledo Fire department lost two Hero's in a fire.
God Speed Privates Stephen Machcinski and James Dickman. We will take it form here my Brothers.

Flashman

Tucson, Aizona, USA

View Profile

Posted: 01/23/12 05:22pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Perrysburg Dodgeboy wrote:

You are still under the engine warranty correct? If you are then it should be covered with the engine warranty. Look in your warranty booklet to see if you are still with in that coverage.

If so have them replace it, if not go to a Cummins dealer and pick one up and replace it yourself. If you are going to do it yourself ask the service manager if the needs to be primed or bleed.

Don

I was told that the exhaust brake was only covered under the 3 year/36,000 mile warranty. But I could have been suckered - not the 1st time.

coolbreeze01

Redding, Ca

View Profile

Posted: 01/23/12 05:27pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

reddwar wrote:

That is the same pump I have. Have called Cummins & they have not called back with a price. We are at Quartzsite went to the rv show & before I pay the Dodge dealer $800 for the pump & not sure if $200 or $300 to replace. I will replace with a pacbrake the show price $200 off & I talked they down $100 more or for $1325 & they do not lose brakeing power when the RPM goes down. They claim going down a 8% grade slowing from 50 mph down to 20 mph they will hit 20 mph 1500 ft. less or 5 football fields shorter. So waiting to hear form Cummins before I do anything.

I certainly understand not throwing good money after bad. My BD exhaust brake was flawless for over 100,000 miles and more than 14 years. Good luck.

2008 Dodge 3500 With a Really Strong Tractor Motor...........
LB, SRW, 4X4, 6-Speed Auto, 3.73, Prodigy P3, Blue Ox Sway Pro........
2014 Sandsport 26FBSL

Perrysburg Dodgeboy

Perrysburg, Ohio USA

View Profile

Posted: 01/23/12 07:46pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I will make call and let you know in the morning.

Don

reddwar

Valley Center Ks. /Now Scotland SD.

View Profile

Posted: 01/23/12 08:45pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Every time I talk to someone I am told something different some say 1 year 12,000 some say 3 years 36,000 but no one has said 5 years 100,000 miles. I got 4 1/2 years & 93,000 so I think I am SOL. Well Cummins called me back and right at $500 installed, half of what Dodge wants. Now I have to think what am I going to do. If I stay with Jake & it last 50,000 or less I will be very unhappy with my self for staying with Jake & throwing good money after bad. But the one I have lasted 4 1/2 & 90,000+. I plan on keeping my Dodge 10 more years. I will most likely keep the jake but. I do need to do some research on pacbrake before I do anything.

red

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Jake brake not working on 5.9 07 Dodge
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS