RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Public Lands, Boondocking and Dry Camping: Campground Etiquette

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Public Lands, Boondocking and ...

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 13  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
skipnchar

Topeka or somewhere else

View Profile

Posted: 01/11/12 09:54pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If their noise bothers you, moving would be the correct way to handle it. One of the things about disbursed camping is that there ARE no rules and though MOST will not set up right on top of another camper, there are some who will so I'm always prepared to either ask them to move or be prepared to do so myself. What they are doing would be considered somewhat impolite but not against the rules.

2011 F-150 HD Ecoboost 3.5 V6. 2550 payload, 17,100 GCVWR -
2004 F-150 HD (Traded after 80,000 towing miles)
2007 Rockwood 8314SS 34' travel trailer

US Govt survey shows three out of four people make up 75% of the total population

docj

Fulltime--Home is where we park it

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/11/12 10:04pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Earl E wrote:

That's why I won't go near places like Q. You either like that lifestyle or you don't. I don't.

X2; we have no understanding of the allure that Q seems to have for so many people. At least you'll never have to worry about us camping near you. Different strokes for different folks.

Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/braking system
WiFiRanger Ambassador/RVParkReviews administrator
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels

Old-Biscuit

Verde Valley

View Profile

Posted: 01/11/12 10:09pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

What's a conversation going to cost you........talk to them.

If the conversation goes nowhere........then you can weigh your options.

But you are in Q and could end up moving & moving & moving & leaving....

When we boondock it's to get AWAY.......Q doesn't fit.

Mello Mike

Mesa, AZ

View Profile

Posted: 01/11/12 10:52pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ScottG wrote:

If they park too close just plug into one of their outside outlets next time they start their genny. That ought to run 'em off.

LOL!!! That's a good one.

2011 Wolf Creek 850N/Polar Cub/240w Solar w/Morningstar SSD-25/Two 6v Lifeline AGMs
2013 Ram 3500 4x4/6.7L Cummins TD/3.42/Hellwig Big Wig/Torklift Talon Aluminum Tiedowns w/Fastguns
2011 Jeep Compass w/4x4 Package
US Navy Ret.
My Truck Camper Adventures

cm

Dillon, CO USA

View Profile

Posted: 01/11/12 11:20pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Have a radio set up outside with speakers pointed towards the location where someone might show up and camp. As soon as they show up start playing opera at as loud a volume as possible. They might think twice about that spot.

To add a little flair to your show get one of these opera costumes with the horns and a staff or spear and walk around your RV pretending that you are singing along with the music. Seeing and hearing your show they will probably move along.

But you might find someone that actually likes opera and then you are stuck with them as neighbors.

CREATO

Beautiful Harvey N.D.

View Profile

Posted: 01/11/12 11:21pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

When they pull up first conversation Hello my name is (insert name here) and yours. Well Bill (or whoever) I kinda have to be forward about the fact I like my privacey as well as quiet serounding and untill I pass my anger management classes I think it is best if it stays that way. I also want you to no Bill I don't have a problem going back to jail. Now you have a great time and keep safe.

I dont rent out space in my brain

afraid of bears

Prince George Area

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/11/12 11:50pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

To the OP, I understand your frustration and have had the same thing happen when we camp out in the bush. Not much can be done, but wouldn't it be fun to be able to do something to help them choose a sight a bit further away?

What about getting a bigger generator than them? Turn it on when they shut theirs down.

Ever seen those cardboard cutouts of police officers holding radar guns and cardboard cutouts of police cars that are used to slow traffic down. How about cardboard cutouts of huge, noisy generators, mean-looking dogs or even large groups of kids that could be set around your site to cause others to think twice about setting up close by?

LOL

Roll wheels and find another quiet site and hope noone else follows you with the same idea.

rockportrocket

on hyway 77

View Profile

Posted: 01/12/12 03:19am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Id keep in mind that Q aint in the middle of the city and reprecussions out there are likely to be harder. You get my drift?

turninghawk

Ormond Beach, FL

View Profile

Posted: 01/12/12 04:59am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

2oldman wrote:

Move.

I'm here too, and have unfortunately picked up neighbors with a dog. It barks at dawn. They look like bums.

I'm gone.

You're in Quartzite, not Outdoor Resorts.

Move.........and be prepared to move again......and again if necessary.

2oldman

The Q

View Profile

Posted: 01/12/12 05:21am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

rockportrocket wrote:

Id keep in mind that Q aint in the middle of the city and reprecussions out there are likely to be harder. You get my drift?
Yeah, agreed. This situation is unusual, I've never had this happen at Q. They must be newbies. Whether a couple posters 'understand' the Q is irrelevant.

Moving is your only option as I see it.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 13  
Prev  |  Next

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Public Lands, Boondocking and ...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS