RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Class A Motorhomes: Rear TV DVD hook up?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes

> Rear TV DVD hook up?

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
Mr. Shneebly 714

Anaheim,CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/18/12 11:12am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Is it common for the rear TV not to be hooked up with the coach DVD player? This is the second Fleetwood coach I've purchased that is set up this way. Rear TV works fine except it's not connected to the DVD player or the switch controller for all the functions.

2012 Fleetwood Bounder Classic 34B

Effy

MD

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/18/12 11:14am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have the inverse, rear TV has it's own DVD and front has none. You would think for the money we pay for these things they could tie all the sound/dvd/sat etc together.

2013 ACE 29.2

eadeal55

Suffolk VA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/18/12 11:56am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My TV and DVD/VHS player were originally set up so that both the front and rear TVs could get an off-air antenna signal or VHS/DVD signal thru the master switch box. I have friends with '06 and '09 Bounders that are set up this way. But since I could not send the DirecTV SAT signal to the rear TV thru that switch box, I ripped all that stuff out and rewired it.

I have two SAT boxes so that DW can watch what she wants in the bedroom (Syfy/HGTV) while I watch "sports" on the front TV, and I had the dealer run me a second cable off the roof SAT antenna's LNB. All I needed was a way to get the SAT signal to the rear box, short of drilling holes in my roof (dealer suggestion).

I called Fleetwood and the tech rep indicated there was RG59 coax running from front to rear, and if I wanted to run both the TV signal and SAT signal on the same cable, I would need to combine the signals at the front, and then break them out in the rear using di-plexers. I also had to eliminate the master switch box.

So now DW has SAT and HDTV in the bedroom (I also replaced both TVs with flat screen LCDs), and if she wants to watch a movie on the rear TV, all she does is take her portable DVD player and hook it into the video 2 inputs on the front of the TV, and change the input source.

Andy & Lee, plus Ruby (15) & Bella (10), the Cocker Spaniel girls
'05 Fleetwood Bounder 33R, F53 w/6.8L V10...towing a
'07 Chevy HHR LT2 w/2.4L EcoTec,
Blue Ox Aventa LX, Brake Buddy Classic
FMCA #F359977 - Colonial Virginians, President 2012-14

RckyMtnVia

Colorado

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/18/12 12:30pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My Fleetwood has a surround sound/dvd system for the front tv and is not connected to the bedroom tv. Had to get a second dvd player for the BR. Daughter bought a bluray player and gave me her dvd player. All the cables for hookup were in a compartment next to the tv, with red, yellow and white jacks pre-fitted into the wood paneling.

2013 Winnebago Via 25T
2002 Jeep Liberty Sport (Occasionally)

joeprinter

Fayetteville, NC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/18/12 12:12pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

our 2007 Coachmen had its OWN DVD player in the back.. Also our 2012 Forest river also setup the same way, has plugins for its independent DVD.

"2012 Forest River 360 DS"
"Ford V-10"
"2013 Toyota Corolla on Tow Dolly"

Mr. Shneebly 714

Anaheim,CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/18/12 11:18am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I agree. Possibly the dealer can fix this but they may want to charge extra. I assumed it worked since it has the controller unit for a rear DVD player.

katoomer

Vancouver

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/18/12 12:55pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It seems like most of the coaches have overly complicated wiring for the TV's.
Ours had a huge mess of component video and audio cables and a silly master switch box.
I put a DVD player in the bedroom for that TV, installed a new Marantz AV receiver with HDMI for the main TV, ran a Coax cable to the outside TV that now has it's own Sat box. Now we can watch different programming on all 3 TV's at the same time. I made a whole bunch of other mods for better sound as well. These days all the new coaches should be using strictly HDMI. It would save a few hundred feet of wires per coach.

2009 Newmar Ventana 3942
2010 Pace Shadow 18ft
2010 KTM 450 XCW six days
2010 Can Am Outlander 650 XT
2009 Yamaha TTR125
1989 Douglas Skater 21' Twin 2.5s

Mr. Shneebly 714

Anaheim,CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/18/12 05:48pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Just got off the phone with the dealer and they said "some" models/manufacturers might not hook the TV "DVD" connection for the rear. I thought this was odd since there is a controller box that would give you this option. Guess I need to call Fleetwood and confirm. A few others have suggested to hook a DVD player directly to the rear TV (and that would definitely work) but you would think this stuff is standard. Either way, I'm loving the new RV and I'll work out the kinks with the great suggestions I've received from this forum. Thanks guys!

Mr. Shneebly 714

Anaheim,CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/18/12 12:36pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bounder Billy wrote:

My Fleetwood has a surround sound/dvd system for the front tv and is not connected to the bedroom tv. Had to get a second dvd player for the BR. Daughter bought a bluray player and gave me her dvd player. All the cables for hookup were in a compartment next to the tv, with red, yellow and white jacks pre-fitted into the wood paneling.

Great idea, but why do they even put a controller unit switch with those options if they don't connect it? Rhetorical question of course.Cost.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes

> Rear TV DVD hook up?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS