|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers

> need new tires

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
ExRocketScientist

Laurel, MD

View Profile

Posted: 01/20/12 04:59am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

gmw photos wrote:

Quote:

........ The ST225/75R15 load range C would work, but something like the Maxxis UE-168 Bravo LT235/75R15 Load Range D aired down to 50 psi would work well too. It is 28.9" in diameter.

But if it's aired down to 50psi, it will not have the load carrying capacity that is load range D. In order to have the stated load capacity, it would require 65psi. Now, it may be true that he does not need all the load capacity that is represented at 65 psi, but as always, the rules of tire inflation still apply. Personally, I'd be more inclined to run LR D tire and inflate them to 65 psi. First make sure the wheels are rated to that inflation pressure, and I'd use metal valve stems. And as always, I would watch them with my infrared thermometer for sure for the first few trips to make sure they are not getting overly hot.

The reason I said it could be aired down is because the original tires have such a low capacity to begin with. The Maxxis tires, even aired to only 50 PSI will increase the load capacity. And as you point out, if by checking them with an infrared thermometer indicates they are running hot, there is the option to increase the inflation pressure.

ERS

rbs62

tn

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/22/12 06:05am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

got a 225-75-15 trailer tire and the hight is 28.4 needed 29 so that is ok. the withe was a little wide and the rim was 1'' offset too much, but if i have to use the spare i can take 7 screws out and remove the plastic fender thanks for all the help..

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers

> need new tires
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS