|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers

> which bunkhouse

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next
Sponsored By:
padec21

Ct

View Profile

Posted: 01/23/12 01:17pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

so we went to the hartford, ct rv show. looked at several units. we are in the market for a large bunkhouse. seems like most manuf. did away with the traditional quad bunk house and are going with 3 bunks and an outdoor kitchen. we narrowed it down to a keystone cougar, jayco eagle, starcraft lexion, and a skyline. we are leaning towards the starcraft. current unit is a starcraft. no complaints whats-so-ever. dealer is great. we can get all the options and lowest price with the starcraft. however i know jayco makes a great unit and similar to starcraft. i do like the look of the jayco and the contoured front cap. guessing it would be better mpg towing. jayco also holds more weight and water but weighs much more. all are under goal of 10k. does anyone have any opinions on any of he units.
thanks
paul

2001 F250 Lariat CC V-10 auto 4x4 4.30ls.
2012 Starcraft Lexion 329bhu

blangen

South Dakota... and everywhere.

View Profile

Posted: 01/23/12 03:41pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Here's a variation on the 3 vs 4 bunks you mentioned. Our 2010 Cougar 29BHS has 4 bunks in the back room... two are fixed, one folds up and the fourth is a small dinette table and two seats that also make the bunk. There is also an outside half door next to the table. (The small outdoor kitchen (just a stove and water) are behind the kitchen stove.)

We are presently using the bunkhouse room for the dog house with a ramp in front of the half door. Works really well for all of us. (Arf!)

Wet weight is 7800lbs.

MackinawMan

NW Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 01/23/12 05:04pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Just an FYI...but Starcraft is a division of Jayco.

In any event, I can't speak to ANY of these trailers except the Jayco Eagle since we've had ours for 2 camping seasons and getting ready for this year's 3rd!!

In any event, the Eagle is a very nice "mid level" travel trailer. We love ours, have had no issues with any operating systems, etc. It looks great on the exterior, interior, has a nice fit and finish by and large...etc.

I would definitely by another Jayco Eagle, and IMHO that is the true testament to recommending a line to another person.

2000 Ford F350 XLT 7.3L PowerStroke Diesel CC 4x4 OffRoad SRW Long Bed
2008 Jayco Eagle 314BHDS (Momma Eagle)
Equalizer Hitch System (1400/14000lbs)
Prodigy Brake Controller
Curt XD Class V Receiver Hitch (1500/15000 lb)

panamacamper1

Maryland

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/23/12 05:29pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Not sure if you have looked at the Cruiser RV Shadow Cruiser line.
We have the 280QBS and the bunk house is really nice. It's four bunks with one that folds up and one that turns into a table for the kids to play and eat if they like.

reinita

Lansing, Michigan

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/23/12 07:28pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Love our bunkhouse (siggy), which as two stationary bunks on one side. The the other side, which is also a slideout, it has a bunk that folds up on the top and a futton on the bottom.

We have two small dogs and typically bring a large crate for them to sleep in. It fits just fine back there, even with the futton folded out, and still gives the kids enough room to get in and out.

Only thing that I wish it had was a table for the kids to play games back there. While we eat outside most of the time, we do end up having to clear out the dining room table sometimes if it's raining or very windy so that we can eat together inside. Not a biggie, but something to think about.

Another bonus is that the futton is big enough for two adults to sleep in. It's cozy, but DH and I slept on it a few times when my parents camped with us (we gave them our bigger bed in the front of the trailer) because it's easier for them to get in and out of.

Happy searching!

Forest River Sunseeker 3170 bunkhouse. We travel with a shih tzu, a leonberger and, oh, yeah, two teens and an 8-year-old.

autorot8

N. CA

View Profile

Posted: 01/23/12 07:36pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ours also is a quad bunkhouse, Lacrosse 296BHS. All four bunks fold up for a large play area during those rainy days. Plus the lower next to the 36" wide rear half door can also be a booth dinette for the kids to play games or eat. I would also recommend Prime Time as an excellent manufacturer.

2014 Ram 2500 Laramie Crew Cab 6.4l Hemi to pull my Prime Time Lacrosse 296BHS
"Overstating the Obvious rarely helps the Oblivious!"

rustycopperballs

Four Corners

View Profile

Posted: 01/24/12 12:38pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My wife & I just purchased a Cougar 29bhswe we like the lay out, room for the GK's and when there not with us room for my wife's sewing Stuff! her hobby , mine's fishing. rusty

Dandy

NorthEast

View Profile

Posted: 01/24/12 01:49pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We just purchased a Prime Time Lacrosse 318 BHS Touring. Didn't see it on your list, but all the ones you have looked into I have seen.

Do you like the Bunkhouse slide? We can easily sleep 4 in ours withthe Trundle bed under the coach that slides out.

PrimeTime also makes a few different versions in the Tracer line as well.

2009 GMC 2500HD Crew Z71 / 3.73 / 6.0L
2012 Prime Time Lacrosse 318 BHS Touring
Reese WD System with HP Dual Cam
Factory GMC Brake Controller
Factory Receiver Hitch
Factory Tow Mirrors

mister_d

Southeast, MI - hardly qualified to be a

View Profile

Posted: 01/24/12 04:10pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

autorot8 wrote:

Ours also is a quad bunkhouse, Lacrosse 296BHS. All four bunks fold up for a large play area during those rainy days. Plus the lower next to the 36" wide rear half door can also be a booth dinette for the kids to play games or eat. I would also recommend Prime Time as an excellent manufacturer.

x2

Our Adventures
Me '77 DW '78
DD '04 DS '07
Yellowstone + more Trip Report
2011 F150 4x4 Ecoboost 6.5 SCREW 3.73 Max Tow
2011 Lacrosse 296BHS video tour
Hensley Arrow

doublenot7

Clear Lake, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 01/24/12 07:55pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have a Palomino Puma 31-KBHSS, it fits all the listed requirements. It wasn't on your list but worth taking a look:

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers

> which bunkhouse
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS