|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Lance harness question

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
nycsteve

NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/23/12 04:23pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Long shot , but does anyone know which pin in the Lance wireing harness carries the juice from the pickups alternator to the camper system, that charges the house battery? Its an 08 model if that helps. I have a bad connection when plugging in the harness . The lights all work but I have to jiggle the plug to get the connection to include the house batteries. Im going to fiddle with it tommorrow, if cleaning doesnt work maybe I can spread a pin for better contact.

joe b.

Florida

View Profile

Posted: 01/23/12 05:52pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

This is a page from the 2008 Lance owner's manual, found on the Lancecamper.com site under support. It is in the back of the owner's manual if you have such with your rig.
Go to page 86, for the drawing showing what each pin serves. The main power wire is shown as #4 black, it is on the bottom left as you look at the face, of the camper end plug with it in the upright position.

http://www.lancecamper.com/docs/08-owner-manual.pdf

I too had a problem of not getting a good connection with the main power wire, unless I wiggled it/held it just so, so. All the other wires were fine. This past summer I bought a new set of wiring harnesses for the truck and the camper. Haven't traded them out as of yet. I wasn't sure if the problem was with the truck side or the camper side. So I ran a new power wire from the engine, through a 50amp breaker (auto reset type) back to beside the truck plug in. Then I ran a wire on into the camper which I pulled into the new wire at the truck plug in. It worked fine for our summer trip so I haven't gotten around to replacing the entire harness as of yet. The truck plug in worked fine with our previous Lance 845 for about 100,000 miles but the 2008 Lance 845 started giving me problems soon after I bought it used, in the spring of 2011. Very suspicious, I would say.

* This post was edited 01/23/12 06:11pm by joe b. *

joe b.
Stuart Florida
Formerly of Colorado and Alaska
2011 Chevy 3500 DRW Dmax CC 4X4- Rockwood 8281 SS 5th Whl & 2008 Lance 845 TC
www.pajbcooper.com web site
Alaska-Colorado and other Trips posted
"Without challenge, adventure is impossible".

c.traveler2

Moreno Valley,Ca.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/24/12 11:15am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

nysteve, I got rid of the oringal Lance plug a few years ago and replaced it with a 7 blade bargman, and ran a new hot wire from the battery to the new plug. Brad W posted a wiring project at this LINK, it will help you.

2007 F-250 4x4 /6.0 PSD/ext cab/LB/camper pkg..Lance 815/ 85 watts solar panel

Travelingman2 Photo Website
Truck Camper Trip Reports

nycsteve

NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/24/12 05:38am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ahh! The manual! Why didnt I think of that Thanks Joe. Mine is also not the original pairing of plug and harness, the truck and harness were changed 3 years into it. Plus like yours , I have an 08.
Thanks again for pointing the right direction

nycsteve

NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/24/12 11:55am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

c.traveler2 wrote:

nysteve, I got rid of the oringal Lance plug a few years ago and replaced it with a 7 blade bargman, and ran a new hot wire from the battery to the new plug. Brad W posted a wiring project at this LINK, it will help you.

Thanks for the link and info. I played with the plug, used contact cleaner and spread the post thats hot from the truck to provide a better contact. At this point it works. If this turns out to be a temporary fix and cuts out again with movement of the truck , I'll be exploring alternate fixes. Im trying the simple fix first, with fingers crossed.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Lance harness question
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS