|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Question for Mobile Suites Owners

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
tvfrfireman

Portland, Or

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/23/12 09:28pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We are presently trying to put together a list of options and order a 2012 Mobile Suites. There is an option for an independent suspension system that adds 500 pounds to the trailer. How many order this option? If I am not mistaken, it adds three thousand dollars to the price. I am also wondering about the small slide in the bedroom that pushes out the dresser if you think it is necessary. Thanks for any tips in the option department. I would be grateful for any help. Thanks in advance.

southwoods46

Alberta, Canada

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/23/12 09:40pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I suggest you go to the SOITC forum (Suite Owners) or 5thwheelforums.com to find answers to your questions(scroll down to Select, Mobile and Elite Suites). Lots of info on both sites. If you join the forums, you can post and get answers to your questions. Hope this helps.

missourijan

Carson City until December

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/24/12 03:09pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We bought a 2012 MS RSSB3 with the vanity slide and I would recommend it. However, I would definitely change out the 9 drawers in the dresser to 6, in other words, have Drv put in bigger drawers. Those drawers are so tiny. We like the bigger bed. A friend of ours ordered a 38' and had a grey tank flush put in, like the black tank flush. Don't know about the suspension system. X2 on the Suites owners forums, you can ask questions all day long from Suite owners. Oh yea, get the heat pump.

soos

me

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/24/12 03:17pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

tvfrfireman wrote:

We are presently trying to put together a list of options and order a 2012 Mobile Suites. There is an option for an independent suspension system that adds 500 pounds to the trailer. How many order this option? If I am not mistaken, it adds three thousand dollars to the price. I am also wondering about the small slide in the bedroom that pushes out the dresser if you think it is necessary. Thanks for any tips in the option department. I would be grateful for any help. Thanks in advance.

I sent you a PM with some thoughts.

Sue

Sue
soos-ontheroad.blogspot.com
Fulltiming since 2009
2012 Mobile Suites 36 TKSB4 pulled by a
2011 Ford F450
2005 Lance 1181 TC- our Vacation Home

motorcycle jack

FT all over

View Profile

Posted: 01/24/12 10:39am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We ordered our MS in Jan of 2011. We didn't order the IS and don't think it is necessary, BETHO. I would order the dresser slide out w/ queen bed - wow what room! Also get the heated tanks, second A/C with heat strip in bedroom - this gives you more heat options in cold weather, more A/C in the heat and don't have to worry about tanks freezing. Get a Reese Air Ride pin set up and the Level Up system. What else? What ever you want they will do it, even custom floor plans if you want to pay for it. Don't worry - you will enjoy what ever you get, they are fantastic units for full timers.

John
"Motorcycle Jack"
Life time Good Sam Member
Blog: My RV
5th Wheel Blog

Full timing isn't "always camping". It's a different life style living in an RV.

Delaine and Lindy

Linden Tn. (The View)

View Profile

Posted: 01/24/12 09:12am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have a 2010 Mobile Suites 38 RSSB 3 with the Vanity slide (4th slide). We special ordered in 2009 and had many changes and custom mods.. I highly recommend the Vanity slide with the Queen bed, so much more room ... And if I ever order again I will order the independent suspension with the Oil bath hubs.. If you didn't know Drv will do custom changes and I know people are setting there saying that the New Horizon is the only builder that will custom build, and thats true but check the cost?? Drv made every change we ask for.. And many of the upgrades are in the 2011's and 2012's. And I recommend you contact Drv with those questions, and speak with Kyle Miller... And you will get the correct answers. Happy Trails....

P.S. An no I don't receive any compensation from Drv, my comments are from actual hands on experience. Having owned 6 new 5th wheels two of which were Drv Mobile Suites and have used the 2010 12 months a year 8 months a year traveling...

2012 Chevy Silverado 3500HD DRW's LTZ ******Traded******
Trailer Saver Air Ride (SOLD) (Sold)

2010 Mobile Suites 38 RSSB 3, with vanity slide (SOLD)

"Montana" our Sweet Furr Kid
12/21/10 "RIP" miss you!!

We are BLESSED!!!!

RAINEYTXX

Texxxas

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/24/12 08:52pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

New Suite owner here (11/11) and got the trail-air and I am sold on that (with the pin box, too). Our other trailer had it too and no need to empty dog water before leaving-it'll be there when you stop.

For sure on the vanity slide. We have 5 slides. Makes bedroom very large.

I'd opt for residential fridge if I had to do it over with an inverter to run while on the road. Our last one had that and was great.

Where are the extra batteries? DRV only puts in two. Doubt that two would run both furnaces, water pump for showers and lights for an overnight stop without being dead in the morning. I got the LP generator with an extra SEPERATE battery for those times!

Fantastic rig and well thought out in most areas. I like the LP oven and convection oven-like having a double oven!

We got the window in the bathroom but wife says that it makes mirror too high for vanity.

The dishwasher was a good option too. Family of 4 FT and it holds everything fine. Not sure if you'll be FT or not....

Ours has the option of a larger island counter without the wrap around to wall. That's a big plus!

2012 DRV Mobile Suites Atlanta 43'
2012 F-450
2010 Audi S5 Cab
2008 Audi A8L
2004 Audi A4 6 speed sport package

jimandsue60

Sanibel Island

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/24/12 05:05pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

soos wrote:

tvfrfireman wrote:

I sent you a PM with some thoughts.

Sue

Why not add your thoughts here so we can all gain some knowledge?

Jim

2011 Mobile Suites 38 REPS, 2011 Chevy 3500 Dually. Click here to see our adventures
Our Photos

Randu

South Central Michigan

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/24/12 06:47pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I got mine used but if I was ordering I would get the largest Refrigerator upgrade, Level up system, and 17.5 tires. Those are the items I don't have. Center pointTrail air suspension and Pin box really make this trailer smooth on the road compared to previous trailer with just normal leaf springs and normal pin box. Wife left glasses on window sill and they were still there 300 miles later. Not sure how much better independent upgrade would be over the Trail air system. Randu

2014 Chevy 3500HD SRW Crew LTZ
LB,4x4,Duramax
2008 Mobile Suites 36TK3

Gemstone

Yuma, AZ

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/24/12 07:20pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

This web site: 5th wheel forums also gets a ton of DRV related traffic, lots of long time DRV owners here.

Our rig is older, I cannot address your suspension question, however in general, I would spend lots of dollars on running gear, not so much on interior options, in fact I'd go so far as to suggest removing lots of normal items from your spec sheet...
Items like bedding, entertainment systems, recliners, washer/dryer, coffee maker, can be purchased by you, at a better quality, for less $$$ than the dealer will charge you...usually what they provide is low quality, but at a high mark up. Not going to do any boondocking ? Then consider a residential fridge, much larger, less investment, easier to work on/replace than the gas/electric Dometic unit.
I'd ask for additional coats of finish on dresser tops, the desk top, and any other surface that will get lots of use. The factory uses stain in their spray lacquer finish and IMO they believe that using less material is better....for their bottom line.
You might consider removing as much carpet as you can stand, have them install something more practical, wood or linoleum.

Good Luck to you, enjoy the process.
Gemstone

'06 Elite Suites TK3, '95 KW T-600, '04 Dyna Low Rider, '06 Softail Deuce

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Question for Mobile Suites Owners
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS