RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Class A Motorhomes: Reliable and honest Service.

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes

> Reliable and honest Service.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
bob213

Fresno, CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/26/12 10:36am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I think Dutch provided the OP with the answer he was looking for. Let's face it...if he would have mentioned the shop he would have more than likely been accused of being a troll, the owner of the shop down the street or some other crazy accusation. If you want to know the shops name, I would try Dutch's link. The OP may have posted it there. It's hard to post a warning on this forum without getting chewed up by the "suspicious ones"...

down home

south

View Profile

Posted: 01/26/12 03:42pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I am considering posting the name. It might cause more problems than not. I'm going to talk to.... that took the coach down to them.
If the batteries are exclusively their fault I'm going to if they don't make it right.
The Mgr did make the first situation right sorta, after I spent a lot of time that should have been enjoying a trip trying to finds such a ridiculous small item. He did make the amount somewhat right on this service. Turns out it should have been cheaper or the second part of service but I agreed to the amount on the phone.
They didn't keep the coach or plug it up. I;ve had exceptional service from another of the franchise.
I appologize for *****ing: just had too. If i decide it is the proper thing to do to warn others I will in a day.

royST

ann arbor

View Profile

Posted: 01/26/12 07:50pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ScottG wrote:

What good does it do to warn us of this lousy outfit when you won't tell us who they are.

I'd have to agree on that one, too. It could really help if we're all aware which service company is this so that we can make sure to avoid it.

Bea PA

Waynesboro, PA, USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/26/12 08:04pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If you post later for bad service, please review on rvservicereviews.com

down home

south

View Profile

Posted: 01/27/12 08:01pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Everything turned out fine. Just some aggravation. They handle several motorhomes. Evidently not everyone is on the same page. It happens.
I'll let it go. Probably shouldn't have posted it.
Too much left to do and so short a time than to worry the small stuff. It's all small stuff. Thanks for letting me bellyache

SpinRite

Research Triangle, NC

View Profile

Posted: 01/27/12 08:39pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

So... when it's all said and done, this entire thread is an homage to Gilda Radner's famous Saturday Night Live character, Emily Littela.

'94 Holiday Rambler Navigator
38', Cummins 8.3 300hp, Allison 3060
pushed by a 2005 Honda Element

down home

south

View Profile

Posted: 03/01/12 11:26pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I don't want to slam anyone. But now I found out they over filled the engine by eleven quarts of oil. Drained some and still pouring out of dipstick tube. Changed oil and put correct amount in two days ago.
Still pouring. Took it to Cat. They think dipstick seal was blown out is all. We'll see.
I'm tired of this kind of stuff.
I'm thinking it is probably going to end up costing us 3,000.00 or more to fix the paint and grill, batteries, and who know what more damage to the engine, another oil change plus two nights so far at motels, one visit by mobile technician, just because some under paid piece work technician wanted to get finished and get to the next job.
Not to mention our peace,of mind and loss of several days. plus cost of staff at storage to take it to them and tell them, in detail what to be done and pick up.
It would be nice to have one trip without having to spend a couple thousand dollars, or a few days or weeks working, on the coach.
The Customer Rep said the Service Mgr would do the right thing. I'm not up to any more conflict or. I'll suck it up and leave them alone.
It was Freightliner of Chattanooga. Maybe I'll change my mind.

jetboater454

Camping or home

View Profile

Posted: 03/02/12 02:58am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

11 qt overfill on the oil? Didn't you check anything BEFORE you drove it off the lot? I even recheck the oil level before I leave on my tv.

Other half is camping with the angels,Riding alone for now.

2008 3500 Dodge Ram CTD dually 4X4 SOLD
2007 Gulfstream Endura Max 40 SOLD
2001 Polaris Ranger 4X4 SOLD
Harley Dyna Lowrider.

Mod Pics

thestarfinder

Mount Gretna Pa.

View Profile

Posted: 03/02/12 04:11am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

This site is a review of RV service places......Might help in everyone's search for a good service place.......And help weed out the bad one's.........It seems it is hard to find good service places for RV's....www.rvservicereviews.com......Hope this helps,Tom

Exist Responsibly.........

thestarfinder

Mount Gretna Pa.

View Profile

Posted: 03/02/12 04:12am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The site
names names too :-)

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes

> Reliable and honest Service.