RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Class A Motorhomes: Reliable and honest Service.

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes

> Reliable and honest Service.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
Sponsored By:
ferndaleflyer

everywhere

View Profile

Posted: 03/02/12 08:15am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I think he named the facility---Why should you have to get your hands dirty when you PAID someone else to change your oil? How about someone checking after the "mech" has changed it, started it, and parked it outside. I once drove from Maine to Baltimore with no cover on the oil fill tube. They left it stuck up beside the filler tube. Lost over a gallon of oil and made an awful mess. Here at home I am lucky to have a independent truck garage that takes real good care of mechanical things with my Freightliner chassis and Cummins motor. Hate getting out of my comfort zone.

Executive

California/Arizona/South Dakota

View Profile

Posted: 03/06/12 12:54pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

SpeedCo makes you "witness" the dipstick when they are done. Also, they will let you put on a hard hat and go into the "pit" to see what work they have completed....Dennis

MY SENSE OF HUMOR IS THE MAIN REASON I'LL MOST LIKELY GO TO HELL !
Dennis and Debi Fifth Year Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

rvrepairnut

bc

View Profile

Posted: 03/06/12 01:11pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

down home wrote:

I don't want to slam anyone. But now I found out they over filled the engine by eleven quarts of oil. Drained some and still pouring out of dipstick tube. Changed oil and put correct amount in two days ago.
Still pouring. Took it to Cat. They think dipstick seal was blown out is all. We'll see.
I'm tired of this kind of stuff.
I'm thinking it is probably going to end up costing us 3,000.00 or more to fix the paint and grill, batteries, and who know what more damage to the engine, another oil change plus two nights so far at motels, one visit by mobile technician, just because some under paid piece work technician wanted to get finished and get to the next job.
Not to mention our peace,of mind and loss of several days. plus cost of staff at storage to take it to them and tell them, in detail what to be done and pick up.
It would be nice to have one trip without having to spend a couple thousand dollars, or a few days or weeks working, on the coach.
The Customer Rep said the Service Mgr would do the right thing. I'm not up to any more conflict or. I'll suck it up and leave them alone.
It was Freightliner of Chattanooga. Maybe I'll change my mind.

so tell us how does oil damage your paint and batterys and grill
and when you 11 quarst over all U had to do was drain the oil to a apropreate level,No big deal other than agravating for sure to have to deal with it

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes

> Reliable and honest Service.
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS