RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Truck Campers: Fastguns?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Fastguns?

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
KKELLER14K

BEAVERTON OREGON

View Profile

Posted: 01/27/12 10:33pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

LOL!...that's funny Tamnative. Trust me it takes days of a spring clean up to get it that pristine. Yes I had just did a buff and wax when this was taken...looks good though right? Turtle wax.....

the tc life

colbert wa.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/28/12 07:33am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sue Bee wrote:

Yes, they are worth it. We don't always, or even often, take the TC off the truck, but when camping, we'll remove the fastguns, raise the TC a bit off the bed, and leval it a bit. Really makes it easy with the fastguns.

that in my view is the best thing about them. if you need to level out a little just release the lever for slack, use your jack to level. when leaving, lower jacks and place the fastgun/derringer back into place. quick and easy!

2010 adventurer 810ws
1999 c3500 dually 12' flatbed

THE TC LIFE

Kidoo

Chicoutimi, Québec, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 01/28/12 07:57am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I am on the cheap side, so I bought 4 chaine binders from Wallmart for 3.95, exampe: http://www.1st-chainsupply.com/binders/tightener.htm
They do not look as fancy but they do a great job. Don't have to screw unscrew everytime you want to level the camper. Electric jack, could not go without it anymore.

Bigfoot 2008, 10.4, F350, 2006, Diesel 6.0, Black, 4x4, long box, Air lift, Rancho 9000, Rear sway bar.

synergy_58

JBER, Ak (Anchorage)

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/28/12 09:05am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

KKELLER14K wrote:

LOL!...that's funny Tamnative. Trust me it takes days of a spring clean up to get it that pristine. Yes I had just did a buff and wax when this was taken...looks good though right? Turtle wax.....

They do look good.
Have you seen the powder coated, white, grey, black FG's? I'm guessing that they are also stainless steel under the paint? And, if so, why paint them then? I don't know...
Seems the prices are the same either way you buy them.
Do you have to polish them often?
I'm placing my order on Monday, need to choose a color by then. I was going to order everything (Tie-downs, hitch, turnbuckles, truss, etc...) yesterday, but the manager said the order wouldn't go out till Tuesday morn, so I'll do it Monday, gives me the weekend to procrastinate, again.

Less Stuff

WA. USA

View Profile

Posted: 01/28/12 09:24am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Link to my Fast Gun installation:
Scrool to the last two pictures.

Notice that the Fast Guns can be stored right on the camper when it is unloaded.
Each Fast Gun is never moved out of position so readjusting when reloading the camper is very easy. Sometimes no turns sometimes a few turns.

DG
Former user name: "Lots of Stuff"
2014 Jeep Patriot
Future folding trailer or ?

wnjj

Cornelius, Oregon

View Profile

Posted: 01/28/12 10:07am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Kidoo wrote:

I am on the cheap side, so I bought 4 chaine binders from Wallmart for 3.95, exampe: http://www.1st-chainsupply.com/binders/tightener.htm
They do not look as fancy but they do a great job. Don't have to screw unscrew everytime you want to level the camper. Electric jack, could not go without it anymore.

Fast guns have springs inside. If you use chain binders, you'd better still have something else inline to act as a spring.

Kidoo

Chicoutimi, Québec, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 01/28/12 01:08pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

wnjj wrote:

Kidoo wrote:

Fast guns have springs inside. If you use chain binders, you'd better still have something else inline to act as a spring.

My front attachements on the truck flex a bit. It does seem to be a problem. I will check this out next time I go out.

wnjj

Cornelius, Oregon

View Profile

Posted: 01/28/12 01:39pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Kidoo wrote:

wnjj wrote:

Kidoo wrote:

My front attachements on the truck flex a bit. It does seem to be a problem. I will check this out next time I go out.

The springs are there so you can control the amount of tension pulling on the camper tiedowns. Too much and they will eventually tear out. They also reduce the shock loads from bumps in the road.

jwolff

Richland, Washington

View Profile

Posted: 01/28/12 10:09am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I also need to slightly adjust length each time I load the camper, but like mentioned above it is only a couple turns on each fastgun.

Another great thing about them is that on my truck/camper setup the fastgun goes directly across my gas lid. Very easy to pop off the fastgun, fuel up, reinstall, and back driving.

In the end, if I had it to do over I would buy them again without hesitation.

John

John
2001 Ford F350 dually, crew, 4x4, 7.3
2007 Arctic Fox 990
1995 Champion Bass Boat

narcodog

Georgia

View Profile

Posted: 01/28/12 11:42am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

When I bought my stainless I found they were a distraction from the center lines driving down the road. So I painted them black now no distraction.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Fastguns?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS