|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Nash vs Arctic Fox

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
n7bsn

Yes

View Profile

Posted: 01/28/12 08:37am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Duramax1 wrote:

My guess is that no one currently working at the factory would have that detailed knowledged of a product that was made 14 years ago.

That guess is certainly wrong. Anyone that you would talk to on the phone would have been there then. There is a great deal of longevity in the firm, with people from the assembly line to the office there for years.
Two reasons, they are a reasonable firm to work for, and the only real choice (in-town) is the other factory owned by basically the same people (Outdoors RV)

2008 F350SD V10 with an 2012 Arctic Fox 29-5E
When someone tells you to buy the same rig they own, listen, they might be right. When they tell you to buy a different rig then they own, really pay attention, they probably know something you don't.

tatest

Oklahoma Green Country

View Profile

Posted: 01/28/12 02:26pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Among the differences that would have mattered to me when I was looking at them (2004) the Fox had shock absorbers standard, for the Nash that was an option. The factory rep I talked to at the three different RV shows told me that a Nash could be optioned to be equivalent to the base Arctic Fox, while the Fox had further options not then available on the Nash (like fiberglass skin).

The particular model that interested me at the time (19B) was Nash only.

Tom Test
Itasca Spirit 29B

Kerbouchard

Parker, Colorado

View Profile

Posted: 02/01/12 08:56am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

OK dealer asking price on 1998 23.5 AF is $9950. Freaking ridiculous. NADA on this is 6500. Any ideas on how to get these guys somewhere close to blue book? They keep trying to pull me in the office but I do not want to spend two hours playing the "What do you want the payment to be game". Just want there best bottom line price without wasting half a day. Any input appreciated.

Looking for a Fiver
2003 Dodge 2500 Diesel
B & W Underbed hitch with a B&W Companion
Prodigy brake controller
Timbren Aeon Suspension Enhancement System

Kerbouchard

Parker, Colorado

View Profile

Posted: 01/29/12 09:14am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

http://www.stevecaseys.com/pre_owned_detail.asp?sid=03849756X1K24K2012J9I47I47JAMQ6831R0&veh=2259160

Heres a link to the Nash. Since I am asking so many questions I figured I should let you all see It!

n7bsn

Yes

View Profile

Posted: 01/28/12 05:20pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

tatest wrote:

Among the differences that would have mattered to me when I was looking at them (2004) the Fox had shock absorbers standard, for the Nash that was an option. The factory rep I talked to at the three different RV shows told me that a Nash could be optioned to be equivalent to the base Arctic Fox, while the Fox had further options not then available on the Nash (like fiberglass skin).

The particular model that interested me at the time (19B) was Nash only.

Em. well all I can say is someone was mistaken. My ol 99 24-5N has filon sides, as did all Nash units the last couple years they were built on the same floor-plan as Fox's

Kerbouchard

Parker, Colorado

View Profile

Posted: 01/28/12 05:26pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I read shocks were standard on Nash units with slides.

Earl E

Green Valley, AZ

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/01/12 09:07pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

6500 for an asking price of 9950 is not unreasonable. Used units are usually marked up at least 30-50%. If you are willing to pay 6500 I would not even go into the office. I would just tell the salesperson that you will pay 6500 today, right now, take it or leave it. Period. Stand outside in the parking lot and tell the salesman to take the offer to the big guy and come back with a Yes or No. But you can't then bargain. If he comes back with Yes, you sign the papers. If he comes back with No, you walk. That's the only way. If you bargain, the salesman will win. No other way around it. Thinking you can "beat down" a sales person is pure myth.

2007 Northwoods Arctic Fox 32 5S Fifth Wheel used for fulltiming for several years--SOLD
2011 Keystone 23rks Hideout to poke around the smaller parks in the great Southwest
2007 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Diesel
Prodigy brake control

Kerbouchard

Parker, Colorado

View Profile

Posted: 02/01/12 11:35am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I would just not care but I see so few Arctic Foxes for sale around here. If I have to I will by a thousand dollar pop-up TC for the summer and wait for the right deal to show up.

mapguy

Puget Sound

View Profile

Posted: 02/01/12 09:19am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Go into the office and give them your price -when they start playing games. Get up and walk out -see if they chase you. If they chase you -then you have some leverage on price.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Nash vs Arctic Fox
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS