|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Carriage - update - 1-23-12

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
Duck

Miami Lakes, Fl

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/16/12 05:44am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Talked to the sales manager for Lifestyle at the Tampa RV show last month and the frame is a copy of the Carriage frame. They also hired the manager from Carriage's frame shop.
Don

08-FORD F350 PSD
13 Bighorn 3055RL

joelc

Hubert, NC

View Profile

Posted: 02/16/12 07:53am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If they can make a good copy with out infringing on any patients, if any, they will have a heck of a unit. I have one of the last 2012 delivered end of August and it is awesome. Excellent quality and layout.

Traveler II

Minnesota

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/16/12 08:02am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

On another forum, a Carriage owner posted an e-mail from the new company that states that their service facilities will be available for existing Carriage owners. Of course they are not going to do it under warranty, but’s it great to see that we as owners will have a great place to go to get work done if needed.

Good move of their part, for those of us that really like our rigs, we will sure look to Lifestyle RV when it’s time for a new one.

2011 Cameo 34SB3
2014 Ford 350 King Ranch, Trailer Saver BD3 Air Hitch, Mor/Ryde pin box, IS Suspension, Disk Brakes
Nights Camped in 2011 - 165
Nights Camped in 2012 - 142
Nights Camped in 2013 - 186
Nights Camped in 2014 - 125

B.O. Plenty

Minnesota

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/16/12 10:35am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Face it folks..your Carraige warranty is gone. Some of the dealers have chosen to cover items that Carraige used to cover. If they do, stick with that dealer because they are a good one and are not getting paid from a manufacturer for the work. That's coming out of their own pocket. As far as anyone else picking up their warranty liability..why should they? Nothing in it for them, they made nothing on the sale of your existing trailer and they are not responsible for any repairs to it...

B.O.

2011 Big Country 3250TS...2010 Ram CC Laramie 4wd Cummins

Ric Flair

Texas

View Profile

Posted: 02/16/12 12:02pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

joelc wrote:

If they can make a good copy with out infringing on any patients, ....

I doubt there are any patient. Besides, who would sue them if there were?

I say copy everything but their business plan.

2013 GMC 3500 DRW 4x4 SLT Duramax
2013 Road Warrior 415 Toy Hauler
2013 Kawasaki 4010 Mule

laknox

Arizona

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/16/12 01:12pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

joelc wrote:

If they can make a good copy with out infringing on any patients, if any, they will have a heck of a unit. I have one of the last 2012 delivered end of August and it is awesome. Excellent quality and layout.

It's my understanding that the patents would also be part of the sale. Not exactly sure if they'd be part of the trademark or if each individual design would be sold separately, and any patent(s) specific to it would be included. I'm sure that if there was a more general patent, that could be applied to many different designs, that might be sold separately. I'm =ass=uming that the patents were held by the company and not by individuals whom the company licensed from. Interesting legal question, though.

Lyle

2002 GMC Sierra 2500 HD Duramax Crew Cab 4x4
Banks Bullet Tuner and Monster Exhaust
B&W Turnover Ball with 5th Wheel Companion
2004 Komfort 25FSG Fifth Wheel
1936 John Deere Model A
International Flying Farmers 55 Year Member

laknox

Arizona

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/16/12 01:20pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Is it just me, or does anyone think that the 10 complete units that will be auctioned will be any kind of a "deal"? 1 is a 2004 model, 3 are 2008's and the rest 2011's. I think the only "deal" might be the 2004; I bet the others go near what you'd buy off a dealer's lot, today. I think the testosterone will be flowing and we'll be surprised by what they bring. What say y'all?

Lyle

Louba

Delaware, Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 02/17/12 03:39pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

laknox wrote:

Is it just me, or does anyone think that the 10 complete units that will be auctioned will be any kind of a "deal"?

I wouldn't expect anything close to a "deal". I went to an auction by a local rv dealer who went out of business a few years back. Those folks bid the prices up higher than normal retail. People get carried away at auctions and don't know when to stop...they just want to "win".

2011 Bighorn 3385RL
2005 Chev 2500HD LS 4x4 D/A
Curt 20K

Duck

Miami Lakes, Fl

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/17/12 03:43pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

They posted the auction catalog this afternoon. 58 pages long.
Don

laknox

Arizona

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/17/12 04:38pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Louba wrote:

laknox wrote:

Is it just me, or does anyone think that the 10 complete units that will be auctioned will be any kind of a "deal"?

I wouldn't expect anything close to a "deal". I went to an auction by a local rv dealer who went out of business a few years back. Those folks bid the prices up higher than normal retail. People get carried away at auctions and don't know when to stop...they just want to "win".

As I said, "testosterone". :-) Would be kinda cool to have the documented last one produced, though.

Lyle

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Carriage - update - 1-23-12
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS