|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Toy Haulers

Open Roads Forum  >  Toy Haulers

> looking for camping group

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
cbigham

orange , CA

View Profile

Posted: 01/30/12 10:16pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ljbsvt
-don't remember those hills - South side? Theres a few headed from Jo-burg to the x-15 crash site - one we affectionately call "Sh*t ur pants hill" I think I have some photos of if I dig. Pucker factor going down and up has a little lip at the top if I remember I cut the power a skinch as the rzr fronts go over it then get back on to finish without getting knocked off.

Hijacked the heck outta this thread, eh?

That area is great. Can and have gone from there to the Piute Mts in the base of the Sierras, to Jawbone, Schmidts, Pinnacles, Husky Monument and out to Barstow. Understand the trails link up all the way out to J-Valley.

McKenziek

Visalia, Ca

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/30/12 11:05pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

USMA Dad wrote:

OK, you got me. How's this...all the fun groups are west of the Mississippi!? Granted, you've got mountains (we have highway overpasses), beautiful dunes (we have beaches with people who ought not to be at the beach), forests (we have weeds), and deserts (we have a dry season), but we have nice winding old Florida rivers perfect for kayaking, and overpriced beach camping suitable for, well, paying too much for beach camping! We do have some awesome state parks but I'm having a hard time even finding a campsite in them big enough for our Recon (not bragging about size here, but after all, size does matter!).

Maybe it's time to head west! LOL!

The west is the best, get here and we'll do the rest. Jim Morrison.

Seems to be a lot of this going around. Kids are grown or full on into sports, parents are busy running them to games, too broke, or just tired of doing the same ole thing. But there are a few of us hard cores left huh Jax?

x2 with the Hooli's and Kamprats. I've camped with a few and their all good people who enjoy the same kind of fun.

2013 Four Winds 33SW F550 Class C

ljbsvt

THE OC Baby

View Profile

Posted: 01/30/12 11:25pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

cbigham wrote:

ljbsvt
-don't remember those hills - South side? Theres a few headed from Jo-burg to the x-15 crash site - one we affectionately call "Sh*t ur pants hill" I think I have some photos of if I dig. Pucker factor going down and up has a little lip at the top if I remember I cut the power a skinch as the rzr fronts go over it then get back on to finish without getting knocked off.

That area is great. Can and have gone from there to the Piute Mts in the base of the Sierras, to Jawbone, Schmidts, Pinnacles, Husky Monument and out to Barstow. Understand the trails link up all the way out to J-Valley.

I'm shooting from the hip - but I want to say EP15 ??
we were camped at Dove and heading to Randsburg - instead of taking the easy canyon run, we headed north a few miles past Bickle. It was a really fun detour, but there were a couple of fun hill climbs along the way.
We also took the rhino down Last Chance / Nightmare gulch - pretty nasty piece of trail if you want to call it that.

2011 F-250 6.7 Lariet CC/SB Loaded
2011 Jeep Wrangler Sport
2007 Gearbox 295FS
Pullrite Superglide
2004 KTM 525 MXC - Mine
2006 Polaris Preditor 500 - Her's
2007 Raptor 700R - Mine
2008 Rhino - ours
Member ASA, CORVA

cbigham

orange , CA

View Profile

Posted: 01/31/12 08:54am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yeah -
looks like EP15 from Schmidts...
Remember that hill now..

Dirtclods

Newport Beach

View Profile

Posted: 01/31/12 09:21am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

As nayther stated above there's a lot of off road clubs too. You don't half to race to be a member and they have a lot of clubs rides to different places check it out http://www.district37ama.org/offroad/clubs.html

BobWanderer

Perris,Calif,USA

View Profile

Posted: 01/31/12 10:56am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We tried to make it to Schmidts from near the "cattle guard" on EP15 with a mixed group of bikes, Rhinos and a buggy. A young girl on a TTR110 was not going to make it all the way so we had lunch and went back to camp. She rode very well and only fell once, but the wash you have to go thru to drop down into what I think was "last Chance Canyon" would hve been a bit much for her. Still had a great ride in spite of not making our destination.
Next trip were going to make it for sure.

* This post was edited 01/31/12 01:08pm by BobWanderer *

2008 GMC 2500HD 4X4 DMAX CC
2004 Thor Wanderer Wagon 247WTB
2006 TE450 Husky
2007 Rhino Sport Edition

Dirtclods

Newport Beach

View Profile

Posted: 01/31/12 02:41pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yep I know where and what you talking about there! Girl TTR110 sand wash I have adults that have a hard time in it on our trail rides. We have a guy with a rino with a motojack on the back of his just for things like that.

cbigham

orange , CA

View Profile

Posted: 01/31/12 12:31pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yah Bob-
There's some stuff in there that's tuff to ask a kid to do plus the ride to it and out. ..Maybe next time rotate her into the Rhino for a section. Kids get worn out much faster. My daughter when she was 10 or so was only good for 12-16 miles of reasonably tuff stuff. She sure did sleep after those rides!

BobWanderer

Perris,Calif,USA

View Profile

Posted: 01/31/12 04:39pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

She was NOT going to give up, She was offered a ride and loading up the bike as well, NO WAY !! One tough young lady and no one was going to stop her from finishing, about 22 miles total.

We always try to get everyone out of camp and involved in a ride or two, load up the Rhinos and Buggy and a bunch of bikes and go for it.
Its actually tougher on the bikes to go slow enough for the rest of the group to keep up.

BobWanderer

Perris,Calif,USA

View Profile

Posted: 01/31/12 04:47pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

cbigham wrote:

ljbsvt

Hijacked, NOT
He was looking for some info on groups to camp with, were showing Him what our groups like to do.
I hope He agrees with that

* This post was edited 01/31/12 06:17pm by BobWanderer *

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Toy Haulers

> looking for camping group
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Toy Haulers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size: