RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Fifth-Wheels: Storable BBQ??

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Storable BBQ??

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
C Schomer

Buckeye, Az.

View Profile

Posted: 02/01/12 07:32pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have a 12 yr old Olympian LP grill. It does as good as any expensive home grill we've ever had - Falcon, Weber, Jenn Air etc. The legs fold up tight against the bottom and the side handles don't stick out very far. I wanted the handles even shorter and they were very easy to shorten. It's big enough for 2 big steaks or 4 big burgers and that's all the bigger we need. I did a search and is now a Camco 57301. $84 at Amazon, delivered. Craig

rmalik1

Pittsburgh,Pa.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/01/12 11:02pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Look online at camping world.

2012 Cedar Creek 36RE w/ Level Up
B&W Turnover w/ 18k Companion Hitch
08 Ford 350 Lariat DW PSD Crew Cab Long Bed 4:30

KOTR36

Wenatchee

View Profile

Posted: 02/02/12 12:59am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cabela's has a nice portable stainless grill that they list for $130 and is often on sale for under $100. I have never had ANY trouble cleaning a stainless grill, this one included. It folds easily and stores in a small place and has an easily cleaned grease trap in the bottom.

Chief 2

Florida

View Profile

Posted: 02/02/12 04:52am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I had one of those stainless grills. The stainless gets very tarnished looking and won't clean up plus after about one season the lid started to get sloppy and the cooking surface was a pain to clean. Go Webber!

2005 Lance 1181 Loaded
2005 Chevy 3500 4X4 Duramax, Edge Attitude Tuner, 5" Exhaust, Airaid, Ranchos, Air Bags, Hellwig Big Wig
2007 38RL3 Mobile Suite
2001 Bass Tracker 185

ford coupe

home

View Profile

Posted: 02/02/12 06:51am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

we have used a coleman grill to go for about 7 years now, have cooked just about everything on it including scrambled eggs.Using original unit in Florida park,dw bought another at a yard sale for $25 never used,stores well in front compartment of 5'er.

blkdodge

Arizona

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/02/12 03:40pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have a Charbroil grill that I have used for years when it's closed it might be the size of 2 shoe boxes. Walmart $15.97. Wife wants me to get rid of it and buy a stainless one I will replace it with like model for under 20 bucks. Besides I never hear her complain about the food that comes off from it.

2012 Dodge 3500 DRW/2012 Heartland Landmark San Antonio.

Veebyes

Bermuda & Maryland

View Profile

Posted: 02/02/12 06:09pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The problem with most small grills is that you need a table to put them on. Lots of times a site does not have a table. Then what? Cooking on the ground is no fun. How many can be clamped to trailer steps or mounted at a comfortable height using a reciever hitch or clamped to a PU tailgate?

Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

tomthyme

Flower Mound, TX

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/02/12 06:54pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Veebyes wrote:

Thinking outside the RV box there is this or another model same company.

With adapters useing spring clamps & wood blocks it can be used clamped to picnic table seats, RV steps, reciever hitch of the TV and a flat surface mount of the 5er basement slide out tray.

No ground cooking for me.

I totally agree, but more importantly, where is this photo taken? We need to fo there!
Thank you
Tomthymeswife

mikestock

Vestavia Hills, AL, USA

View Profile

Posted: 02/03/12 07:04am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Over the years I have used almost every type of small grill known to man, including the Weber Q.

I have finally concluded that charcoal is the way to go, when RVing. The mess inside every gas grill, no matter how hard I try to clean, always seems to leave a bad smell. With charcoal, the only thing you really have to clean is the grill surface. The rest goes out with the charcoal. Everybody has an opinion. That's just mine.

2005 F250 Crew Cab LWB Power Stroke, 2007 Montana 3500RL Fifth Wheel,Honda EU3000IS, Twin Honda EU2000i's, S&W security system

chuggs

Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/03/12 07:05am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Veebyes wrote:

The problem with most small grills is that you need a table to put them on. Lots of times a site does not have a table. Then what? Cooking on the ground is no fun. How many can be clamped to trailer steps or mounted at a comfortable height using a reciever hitch or clamped to a PU tailgate?

They make a folding cart...

While I enjoy having a picnic table to set the grill on... If we're going to be doing a bunch of grilling or entertaining at the picnic table --- we drag the folding cart out.

I've been to a couple of campsites that PROHIBIT placing grills on the picnic tables --- so even IF you had one...you'd be a rule violator if you decided to use it for that.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Storable BBQ??
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS