|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes

> best for winter

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
oldnewguy

plymouth ma

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/31/12 03:48pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

we are looking at class c and we do alot of winter camping. sunseeker seems to be the best with a covered underbelly. other c's offer a artic package with heated tanks and double pane windows. seeking advice on best winter package to get.

Holiday27

Gresham, OR.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/31/12 04:48pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I think Bigfoot is the premier when it comes to winter camping RV's. I have a Holiday Rambler and it came with an artic package. It has foam insulated tanks and a small space heater to keep everything warm down below. We camped in below freezing weather a couple of weekends and didn't need the heater but it was only about 30deg. Double pane would be nice, I noticed a lot of condensation on our weekend trips. My good friend has a Sunseeker and he has the same setup but he has heat strips on his tanks.

2002 27PBS Holiday Rambler (Aluminum sided/roof) Love it!

Previous RV's
'94 Jamboree 22ft. (This beast had a 460 with tons of power)
'95 VW Eurovan camper (5 cyl. dog) Pulled a 3 rail fine though.
Tent
Borrowed folks '84 VW Westphalia (water cooled)

Handbasket

Asheville, NC

View Profile

Posted: 01/31/12 05:19pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If it's big enough for you, Provan offers the Tiger CX & Tiger Bengal with double-pane windows & heated tanks. Extra benefits include availability on Chevy, Ford, or Dodge with your choice of cab length & trim and drivetrain, including 4x4. Follow the link in my sig.

I've also heard good things about Host & Triple E in terms of winter capability.

Jim, "He may be a vegetarian, but he's still full of baloney."

'06 Tiger CX 'C Minus' on a Silverado 2500HD 4x4, 8.1 & Allison (aka 'Loafer's Glory') www.tigervehicles.com

Dakzuki

Carnation, Wa, USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/31/12 06:17pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bigfoot and Triple E are big dogs as far as winter RVs go. Bigfoot no longer makes Cs so you'd have to find a used one. That being said I and many others use our "regular" Cs in all seasons. There are plenty of tips for winter camping on this site if you look. Sofar in my new one I have been into the 20s....not that cold.

* This post was edited 01/31/12 07:01pm by Dakzuki *

2011 Itasca Navion 24J
2000 Chev Tracker Toad

bingford

Utah

View Profile

Posted: 02/05/12 07:34am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Our Four Winds came with heated tanks. I went through the entire coach and selaed panel seams, gaps, etc, which helped with air infiltration, however the down sie is condensation build up. I overnighted at 10 degress F, but use small electric heater in addition to the furnace.

If you plan on doing a lot of winter camping, a dedicated cold-weather equipped rig is much better than using a standard RV.

garyhaupt

Back living in Kitimat..northern BC.

View Profile

Posted: 02/05/12 12:14pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Triple E here too. I have a 24ft Regal..winterized and 4x4, so...best of many worlds. A Born Free is worth considering as well.

Gary Haupt

I have a Blog..about stuff, some of which is RV'ing.

http://mrgwh.blogspot.ca/

Jagtech

Sunny Southern Alberta, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 02/05/12 08:03am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Definitely take a look at Triple E. They stopped making Class A's, but are still making Class C in Canada, where they know about cold!

1998 Triple E F53 with 460 Ford
1995 Jeep Wrangler toad

Starfire5

Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/06/12 07:44am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We bought our used Winnebago Outlook because of its ability to withstand the cold. We drove it to Colorado for Christmas and camped in 20 degree weather in ice and snow and did just fine. We have heated holding tanks and the bottom is enclosed. I think we also have double pane windows. We DID have it winterized in terms of the fresh water, so we used bottles of water to flush the toilet. Didn't want to risk busting the lines during the week the RV sat unheated at my daughter's house.

We plan to make that trip every year in the winter so that's why we went with the Winnebago. Would have loved a Bigfoot, but couldn't find one. Winnebago seems to be a good option and all over the place.

FINALLY got my RV! - proud new owner of 2009 Winnebago Outlook 30D Ford E450
Dogmom to Reilly (cancer survivor), Bianca (rescue golden), Helen the kitty and now little tiger Suzy (both rescues, too)
Doggie Grandma to one gorgeous golden puppy named Jameson

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes

> best for winter
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS