RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Beginning RVing: Insurance, Travel Club/Road Hazard & Extended Warranty??

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Beginning RVing

Open Roads Forum  >  Beginning RVing

> Insurance, Travel Club/Road Hazard & Extended Warranty??

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
Cedarhill

Deep South

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/06/12 07:47am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We just went through the same decision making exercise between State Farm and Good Sam's Club (GMAC). Where we live, Sam's Club is just a few dollars cheaper, but that was not what caused us to drop State Farm. It was the difference in what is actually covered. For example, Good Sam's covers the loss of the contents of the RV up to, IIRC, $2000. State Farm does not cover contents. We happen to carry a couple thousand dollars in camera equipment with us that State Farm would not cover. There are several other items similar to that which made Sam's Club the obvious choice.

PawPaw_n_Gram

Wylie TX (NE Dallas Area)

View Profile

Posted: 02/06/12 10:36am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We are a solid AllState family. Home, two cars, ski boat. But when it came to comparing the RV coverage from AllState and the GM plan from Good Sam - the GM/GS coverage was much superior, and cheaper.

Our AllState rep offered to match the GM/GS price, but could not match things like contents coverage, replacement cost coverage, etc.

One question I asked - if I had a satellite receiver, DVD-Blu-Ray player and large screen LED TV in my trailer and they were stolen would the AllState RV coverage cover them? No

If they were in my truck and stolen they would be covered, under my home owners coverage. But in an RV, no way. Go figure.

Ask questions like that.

Old Bald and Fat (Me, not her)

2012 Ram 2500 Mega Cab (Gas)
2014 Flagstaff 832IKBS TT w/ 3 slides

Allworth

Orlando, FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/06/12 10:44am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Check with "Gilbert RV Insurance". A broker with several companies available specializing in RVs.

Formerly posting as "littleblackdog"
Martha, Allen, & Blackjack
2006 Chevy 3500 D/A LB SRW, RVND 7710
2008 Titanium 30E35SA; EZ-Lube axles; wet bolts; spring hanger gussetts; BFG Commercial TAs
"Real Trucks Don't Have Sparkplugs"

krisfelix19

Dublin, Georgia

View Profile

Posted: 02/22/12 11:30pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If you’re not using the RV for part of the year, you can get a lower rate. I would suggest staying with StateFarm since your car and home are insured by them too. But you might be able to get a better RV insurance quote, so keep looking around. Don’t give up!

paulcardoza

Southeastern Massachusetts

View Profile

Posted: 02/23/12 05:07am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

That is the best, most concise and honest analysis of EW's that I have seen. It should be REQUIRED reading for anyone looking to make the EW decision. Thanks for the link!

Kirk wrote:

1)
3) Before you make a decision on this one, let me suggest that you read the article from Escapee's Magazine on the subject. http://www.adventure.1tree.net/index.php........om_content&view=article&id=88&Itemid=124

Paul & Sandra
New Bedford, MA
2003 Monaco Executive M43 DS2

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Beginning RVing

> Insurance, Travel Club/Road Hazard & Extended Warranty??
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Beginning RVing

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS