RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Travel Trailers: Californian Moving To Ohio..Winterizing TT?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers

> Californian Moving To Ohio..Winterizing TT?

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
eightballsidepocket

Whitehouse, Ohio, USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/19/12 09:49am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

MackinawMan wrote:

Good Luck 8ball...that is one HECKUVA move you have ahead. We here in the Buckeye State welcome you. I think you will find Ohio and especially NW Ohio a very nice place to live.

It's a laid back place..so if you like that you are really going to be happy.

I am a person craving the laid back way of life. Once apon a time California was like that too where I grew up in the Santa Clara Valley. Not any more.

Thank you for the welcome.

Regards, Eightballsidepocket

2005 Dodge Ram 2500 SLT 4x2 Quad Cab, Cummins, 48RE Tranny, Lg Bed, Line-X Spray-on Bed Liner.

06 T25BS Komfort Trailblazer TT

"If you can't say it in person, it isn't worth saying while hiding behind an anonymous P.C.!"

doxiluvr

Tucson-AZ

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/19/12 10:25am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Here is an actual video on winterizing an RV, which might help.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkiToSzzuII

2006 Keystone Sprinter 300fkms
2007 Silverado 2500 Duramax Diesel 6.6 - Allison 1000 6 spd. auto. tran.
1 high school sweetheart hubby - 1 mini-dachshund/Chihuahua - Abby
4 grown kids, 6 grandkids, 1 great-grandchild
1 2007 Yamaha v-Star 1300

eightballsidepocket

Whitehouse, Ohio, USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/25/12 09:18am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well, I think I got the TT winterized.

Was a little slow at first figuring out what to do.

Only mistake was, when I removed the undercounter water filter,
I drained it and should have put it back on before pumping in the antifreeze.

Ended up with a cupboard full of pink antifreeze. Wife wasn't too
thrilled about that.

Otherwise, I drained out the water heater, and got pink flowing out of all the faucets, and poured some down their traps.

Strange observation: Removed the big old bolt/nut on the water heater drain and the nut had a metal rod attached to it that was about 7" long. It was covered with white, hard, scale that looked like coral. What in the world is the rod for, and is that just buildup on the rod or does the rod have more metalic thingys on it that are just covered in lime? Does it need replacing?

Water-Bug

Traverse City, Michigan

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/19/12 11:55am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

eightballsidepocket wrote:

MackinawMan wrote:

Good Luck 8ball...that is one HECKUVA move you have ahead. We here in the Buckeye State welcome you. I think you will find Ohio and especially NW Ohio a very nice place to live.

I am a person craving the laid back way of life. Once apon a time California was like that too where I grew up in the Santa Clara Valley. Not any more.

I moved from Michigan to SC Valley in 1556 and graduated from Campbell High in 1962. Moved back to Michigan in 1985. My last home in California was in Ben Lomond in Santa Cruz county. Even that was gettin hectic. Live in northern Michigan now. Laid back and plenty of water.

eightballsidepocket

Whitehouse, Ohio, USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/19/12 05:18pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Water-Bug wrote:

MackinawMan wrote:

I moved from Michigan to SC Valley in 1556 and graduated from Campbell High in 1962. Moved back to Michigan in 1985. My last home in California was in Ben Lomond in Santa Cruz county. Even that was gettin hectic. Live in northern Michigan now. Laid back and plenty of water.

I'm a Cupertino High School grad myself. Grew up over on the West side of the valley. Loved those summers of riding my bike up to the reservior(Stevens Creek) and catching a stringer full of Blue Gills.

Yep......Might even get a dog again. Have my old faithful 16 year old cat coming with me, but miss my Golden Retriever "Nugget". Lost her to lung cancer.

Those Goldens get along with cats and children real well. Got a few grandchildren in Ohio.

Hope to have a home with a little land around it.

Guess my thin California blood will need to get seasoned to the Ohio Winters. Got a Thyroid condition that makes me sensitive to cold and warm weather at times if things get out of balance.

eightballsidepocket

Whitehouse, Ohio, USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/19/12 05:22pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

doxiluvr wrote:

Here is an actual video on winterizing an RV, which might help.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkiToSzzuII

Thank you for the web site.

eightballsidepocket

Whitehouse, Ohio, USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/15/12 06:25pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Perrysburg Dodgeboy wrote:

Loved those summers of riding my bike up to the reservior(Stevens Creek) and catching a stringer full of Blue Gills.

Guess my thin California blood will need to get seasoned to the Ohio Winters. Got a Thyroid condition that makes me sensitive to cold and warm weather at times if things get out of balance.

OK Eightball when you make it here and the weather warms up send me a PM and I'll take a PA day from work and take you to some of my favorite gillie spots in Waterville. Do you like small mouth bass? I have a great spot for them also.

When we left S. Cal in 68 I was 10 but Dad came back to go to work at Chevrolet Transmission. He had worked there 11 years when we left for Calf and for whatever reason we came back to NW Ohio.

Don

Sounds great Don. I've been watching those perch fishermen on the Maumee the last couple days. Are they also called Walleye?

Water-Bug

Traverse City, Michigan

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/25/12 01:52pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The rod is a sacrificial anode. It prevents electrolysis from attacking the metal parts of the water heater. It only needs replacing if it has corroded away. Cleaning it with lyme away probably wouldn't hurt.

Tinbangertom

Ottawa, Canada

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/25/12 04:51pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I replace it every year.

Tom
Laura
Boomer
Teddy Bear

Perrysburg Dodgeboy

Perrysburg, Ohio USA

View Profile

Posted: 02/26/12 10:41am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Loved those summers of riding my bike up to the reservior(Stevens Creek) and catching a stringer full of Blue Gills.

OK Eightball when you make it here and the weather warms up send me a PM and I'll take a PA day from work and take you to some of my favorite gillie spots in Waterville. Do you like small mouth bass? I have a great spot for them also.

When we left S. Cal in 68 I was 10 but Dad came back to go to work at Chevrolet Transmission. He had worked there 11 years when we left for Calf and for whatever reason we came back to NW Ohio.

Don

2015 Ram 1500 Laramie Crew Cab SWB 4X4 Eco-diesel. For your safety "Slower Eco-diesels Keep Right"

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers

> Californian Moving To Ohio..Winterizing TT?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2014 RV.Net | Terms & Conditions | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS