Here's an excerpt from the User Guide:
Recreational Towing – Four-Wheel Drive Models
NOTE: The transfer case must be shifted into NEUTRAL (N), automatic
transmission must be shifted into PARK, and manual transmission must be placed in gear (NOT in NEUTRAL) for recreational towing.
Shifting Into NEUTRAL (N)
Use the following procedure to prepare your vehicle for recreational towing.
1. Bring the vehicle to a complete stop.
2. Turn OFF the engine.
3. Press and hold the brake pedal.
4. Shift the automatic transmission into NEUTRAL or depress the clutch pedal on a manual transmission.
5. Shift the transfer case lever into NEUTRAL (N).
6. Start the engine.
7. Shift the transmission into REVERSE.
8. Release the brake pedal (and clutch pedal on manual transmissions) for five seconds and ensure that there is no vehicle movement.
9. Repeat steps 7 and 8 with automatic transmission in DRIVE or manual transmission in first gear.
10. Turn OFF the engine.
11. Firmly apply the parking brake.
12. Shift the transmission into PARK or place manual transmission in gear (NOT in Neutral).
13. Attach the vehicle to the tow vehicle using a suitable tow bar.
14. Release the parking brake.